My 3A DI Preseason Rankings

Yoe09

1. Lorena - 10 all-district players return from a 14-2 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP team.
2. Franklin - 8 all-district players return from a 16-0 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP team.
3. Brock - 12 all-district players return from a 15-1 State Finalist Team.
4. Mount Vernon - 8 all-district players return from a 14-1 State Semifinalist Team.
5. Malakoff - 14 all-district players return from a 9-4 Regional Semifinalist Team.
6. West - 8 all-district players return from a 13-1 State Quarterfinalist Team.
7. Columbus - 22 all-district players return from a 10-3 Regional Semifinalist Team.
8. Gladewater - 8 all-district players return from a 9-3 Regional Semifinalist Team.
9. Little River Academy - 12 all-district players return from a 11-2 Regional Semifinalist Team.
10. Diboll - 12 all-district players return from a 10-4 State Quarterfinalist Team.
11. Grandview - 8 all-district players return from a 9-3 Area Finalist Team.
12. Edna - 11 all-district players return from a 10-3 Regional Semifinalist Team.
13. Llano - 22 all-district players return from a 8-3 Area Finalist Team.
14. Whitesboro - 9 all-district players return from a 9-5 State Quarterfinalist Team.
15. Shallowater - 12 all-district players return from a 10-3 Regional Semifinalist Team.
16. Bushland - 14 all-district players return from a 8-4 Area Finalist Team.
17. Yoakum - 9 all-district players return from a 7-4 Bi-District Finalist Team.
18. Cameron Yoe - 7 all-district players return from a 4-7 Bi-District Finalist Team.
19. Blanco - 18 all-district players return from a 5-7 Area Finalist Team.
20. London - 17 all-district players return from a 10-1 Area Finalist Team.

Others: Iowa Park, Jim Ned, Breckenridge, Tatum, Mineola, East Chambers, Woodville, Anahuac, Hallettsville, San Diego.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Yoe09 said:
2. Franklin - 8 all-district players return from a 16-0 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP team.
4. Mount Vernon - 8 all-district players return from a 14-1 State Semifinalist Team.
5. Malakoff - 14 all-district players return from a 9-4 Regional Semifinalist Team.
7. Columbus - 22 all-district players return from a 10-3 Regional Semifinalist Team.
8. Gladewater - 8 all-district players return from a 9-3 Regional Semifinalist Team.
9. Little River Academy - 12 all-district players return from a 11-2 Regional Semifinalist Team.
10. Diboll - 12 all-district players return from a 10-4 State Quarterfinalist Team.
12. Edna - 11 all-district players return from a 10-3 Regional Semifinalist Team.
14. Whitesboro - 9 all-district players return from a 9-5 State Quarterfinalist Team.
15. Shallowater - 12 all-district players return from a 10-3 Regional Semifinalist Team.
17. Yoakum - 9 all-district players return from a 7-4 Bi-District Finalist Team.
18. Cameron Yoe - 7 all-district players return from a 4-7 Bi-District Finalist Team.

Others: Iowa Park, Jim Ned, Breckenridge, Tatum, Mineola, East Chambers, Woodville, Anahuac, Hallettsville, San Diego.

Another great job 09 with the early poll. 
District 11 3a has 4 teams in your top 20.  Two teams Lorena and Franklin 1 & 2.  Little River Academy at 9 and the Yoemen at 18.  
09 no mention of the Rockdale Tigers anywhere.  I would think they should be better this upcoming season.  

7 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Dang starting at #2.... for the #1 team one of those 2 losses are from the team below them lol.

7 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

I'm glad you do this.... gives us something to talk about

9 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Dang starting at #2.... for the #1 team one of those 2 losses are from the team below them lol.

The only thing I went back and forth on in this poll was who should be 1/2.  DCTF may have it the other way.  I've seen all the sub-varsity teams in the district, and Franklin does collectively have the best talent coming up.  

11 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Another great job 09 with the early poll. 
District 11 3a has 4 teams in your top 20.  Two teams Lorena and Franklin 1 & 2.  Little River Academy at 9 and the Yoemen at 18.  
09 no mention of the Rockdale Tigers anywhere.  I would think they should be better this upcoming season.  

Rockdale could potentially slide into consideration.  They should be vastly improved being as young as they were.  They just collectively don't have a ton of talent in the system right now and will rely heavily on what is the incoming junior class.  

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I thought Brock moved up to 4a division 2

I would assume there is going to be a very good shot at that next realignment.  It would probably be definite guarantee if 7A is introduced as the cutoff number would have to go down a bit.  I would say Brock could be around +80-100 at the next alignment based on current enrollment numbers.  

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

The only thing I went back and forth on in this poll was who should be 1/2.  DCTF may have it the other way.  I've seen all the sub-varsity teams in the district, and Franklin does collectively have the best talent coming up.  

They bring back a good group as well.... our sub varsity played 5a's College Station A&M Consol and Lake Belton 4a school China Spring.

2 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Rockdale could potentially slide into consideration.  They should be vastly improved being as young as they were.  They just collectively don't have a ton of talent in the system right now and will rely heavily on what is the incoming junior class.  

09, How much longer will the Rockdale administration hang in there with Campsey?  I believe another subpar season and a loss to the Yoemen could start the rumblings. 

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I thought Brock moved up to 4a division 2

Not yet. Still in District 4 with Pilot Point, Boyd, Paradise, Peaster, Ponder and Whitesboro. Should be a bit of a snoozefest district.

But, if the trend continues, this could be Brock's last spin in 3A. Likely a smaller 4A Div. II next alignment. Geographically, though, they're set up for success, even at 4A level. They'll be just fine when they move up. Most likely a perennial Region I contender, and then running into pretty tough matchups in the semifinals, depending on where the East Texas players go during the alignments.

Guest Tiger03lb

Little surprised to see GW up that high but I know that you got your reasons. Good poll as usual. I know this wasn't an easy one at all, especially with region 2 contenders. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Little surprised to see GW up that high but I know that you got your reasons. Good poll as usual. I know this wasn't an easy one at all, especially with region 2 contenders. 

I’m not sure what to think either. We lost some solid players. We do have some talent returning though and somehow we always seem to have a kid or two come out of nowhere. 

Guest Tiger03lb
16 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m not sure what to think either. We lost some solid players. We do have some talent returning though and somehow we always seem to have a kid or two come out of nowhere. 

Just don't beat us to bad at tiger stadium. Bring some extra chairs. 😆

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Ehhh, you get the benefit of the doubt when you’ve been pretty consistent. I think they, Gladewater, should be pretty decent. How decent is to be seen after losing this last class and now being forced to go with one of the other QBs. If it were me and I think GW fans will agree, I would stick Wilson at QB and leave him there and grow into the position. That is unless they have a sure nuff QB coming up. 

18 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Ehhh, you get the benefit of the doubt when you’ve been pretty consistent. I think they, Gladewater, should be pretty decent. How decent is to be seen after losing this last class and now being forced to go with one of the other QBs. If it were me and I think GW fans will agree, I would stick Wilson at QB and leave him there and grow into the position. That is unless they have a sure nuff QB coming up. 

The last time we had a "sure nuff QB" our coach was playing QB and none of these kids were born yet!

42 minutes ago, bearnation said:

The last time we had a "sure nuff QB" our coach was playing QB and none of these kids were born yet!

I shoulda been more specific. When I said “sure nuff”, I just meant someone that was no doubt better than anyone on varsity last year. I still think Wilson could be the answer. I’ve mentioned Wilson a couple times, am I thinking of the right person?

7 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I shoulda been more specific. When I said “sure nuff”, I just meant someone that was no doubt better than anyone on varsity last year. I still think Wilson could be the answer. I’ve mentioned Wilson a couple times, am I thinking of the right person?

Yes you are.  He will be the quarterback unless the kid from Sherman moves in 👀