Official 2022 NCAA Baseball Playoff Thread

So proud of Texas State despite the fact that they got messed over by the NCAA. They'll be back next year for sure, and hopefully they'll be hosting like they should have this year! Split series with Texas when they were #1. Won a series against Arizona who made it to the Regional Finals. Won a series against Coastal Carolina who made it to the Regional Finals. Swept Ohio State. Undefeated regular season in away conference games. Won arguable the deepest and most difficult "mid-major" conference. Yeah, they should have hosted. Got a great recruiting class coming in. Return all of the weekend starting pitchers. More recruits will want to come after this season. Steve Trout is an amazing coach and an even better person. Texas State was the best team in Texas this year. #EatEmUpCats

4 hours ago, nsumusician said:

So proud of Texas State despite the fact that they got messed over by the NCAA. They'll be back next year for sure, and hopefully they'll be hosting like they should have this year! Split series with Texas when they were #1. Won a series against Arizona who made it to the Regional Finals. Won a series against Coastal Carolina who made it to the Regional Finals. Swept Ohio State. Undefeated regular season in away conference games. Won arguable the deepest and most difficult "mid-major" conference. Yeah, they should have hosted. Got a great recruiting class coming in. Return all of the weekend starting pitchers. More recruits will want to come after this season. Steve Trout is an amazing coach and an even better person. Texas State was the best team in Texas this year. #EatEmUpCats

Lol no 

https://12thman.com/sports/baseball/stats/2022/texas-state/boxscore/18528

17 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas advances to Omaha for the 38th time. Will play Notre Dame. 

Very gutsy comeback in that series. A&M and Texas are on the same side of the bracket so we could get 1 or maybe even 2 games played between them. I don’t think they have ever both made it to the CWS in the same year like this. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Very gutsy comeback in that series. A&M and Texas are on the same side of the bracket so we could get 1 or maybe even 2 games played between them. I don’t think they have ever both made it to the CWS in the same year like this. 

Trade ND for Arkansas and that would be an interesting side of the bracket with Texas, OU, Arkansas, and A&M.

• Like 1

The CWS looks pretty wide open to me.  I think any of the eight teams have a shot at it.  I don't see a team on the level of last year's Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, or even last years Texas and NC State.  Its going to be fun to watch.

50 minutes ago, WETSU said:

3 of the hottest teams and preseason #1 on the same side. 
Texas will have an experience edge in Omaha but the pitching staff may have the most questions. 
OU throttled Texas to win the Big12 tournament and has been surging the last month. 
Notre Dame beat Tennessee on the road and really outplayed the top seed over the weekend. 
Texas A&M swept their Regional and Super. Highest seeded team in the bracket and a coach with plenty of experience. Playing their best ball at the right time. 

This is going to be a fun week of baseball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

3 of the hottest teams and preseason #1 on the same side. 
Texas will have an experience edge in Omaha but the pitching staff may have the most questions. 
OU throttled Texas to win the Big12 tournament and has been surging the last month. 
Notre Dame beat Tennessee on the road and really outplayed the top seed over the weekend. 
Texas A&M swept their Regional and Super. Highest seeded team in the bracket and a coach with plenty of experience. Playing their best ball at the right time. 

This is going to be a fun week of baseball. 

Saw a stat today that surprised me a little bit, but A&M has lost 3 games since May 1st. They are on fire and definitely will be a tough out. They seem to play better from behind. 

• Wow 1

I think it is imperative for Texas to win their first two games. Not comfortable they have the arms to survive going through the losers bracket. They have the bats, but I would hate to count on winning a high scoring game. I was expecting a high scoring game Sunday. Luckily, Stevens righted the ship and  found his groove. Hope it was not a one game aberration. The bracket does carry a lot of storylines and should be entertaining.

• Like 1