Official 2022 NCAA Baseball Playoff Thread

32 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Congrats to the Aggies. No doubt who was the better team. Early in the season, Texas was getting base runners home with two outs. That was not the case today.

I think that heavy wind was impacting the Texas offense as well. The strong wind keeping the ball in the park for a team that’s offense relies on the long ball as much as Texas does was a big factor in this game imo. 

11 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Glad to win a game. Ags battled today. 

Texas had their chances but couldn’t convert. Melendez was up with the bases loaded and took a tough strike 3 (which was low, admittedly). 

Yeah I didn’t agree with that being strike 3 and not because it wasn’t a good pitch or that it wasn’t too close to take. The batter before Ivan took that same pitch in the same location for ball 2 and 3 and eventually walked. I think the ump got caught up in the moment. That’s unfortunate because it was a great take in a pitchers count on a great pitchers pitch. 

That probably ended any rally chances Texas had for the day. Now obviously Texas left too many on base all day and that was the bigger story but that’s baseball and it’s not always fair. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think that heavy wind was impacting the Texas offense as well. The strong wind keeping the ball in the park for a team that’s offense relies on the long ball as much as Texas does was a big factor in this game imo. 

Not only that, that park is big. It has swallowed up a lot of balls that might have gone out of other parks. 

Ouch. Really tough call on that outside pitch and then you get picked off. What should be bases loaded no outs went to inning over in about 45 seconds and 3 pitches. That call was a game changing blown call. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Ouch. Really tough call on that outside pitch and then you get picked off. What should be bases loaded no outs went to inning over in about 45 seconds and 3 pitches. That call was a game changing blown call. 

I have Aggies vs Razorbacks in what should be a Fantastic game tomorrow.  If Auburn wins it, I have the Aggies in a blowout

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I have Aggies vs Razorbacks in what should be a Fantastic game tomorrow.  If Auburn wins it, I have the Aggies in a blowout

Wait what?

A&M plays OU tomorrow. And if they win they play OU again Thursday, right?

I had A&M beating ND and then possibly beating OU tomorrow. I don’t see us double dipping them though. Either way, Schloss took this team further than any A&M team in history…. In year one with a team he Frankensteined together. He’s changing the culture for Aggie baseball. What a hire by Bjork. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wait what?

A&M plays OU tomorrow. And if they win they play OU again Thursday, right?

I had A&M beating ND and then possibly beating OU tomorrow. I don’t see us double dipping them though. Either way, Schloss took this team further than any A&M team in history…. In year one with a team he Frankensteined together. He’s changing the culture for Aggie baseball. What a hire by Bjork. 

I’d like to get to a game 3 with OU but this is house money right now. To make it to semifinals is incredible. Schloss did a heck of a job.

40 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Is today a bullpen game for the Aggies? I assume Micah Dallas would need a win tonight before he could try to start again. 
Wish this game wasn’t in the afternoon. 

Arkansas and Ole Miss is going to be fun to watch. 

A&M still hasn’t thrown their Sunday guy Prager who has been the most consistent of the 3 starters the last few weeks. I expect Prager today, Dallas tomorrow if they get there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

A&M still hasn’t thrown their Sunday guy Prager who has been the most consistent of the 3 starters the last few weeks. I expect Prager today, Dallas tomorrow if they get there. 

Prager hasn't exactly been nails lately. It's gonna take a lot of hitting for A&M, and OU has some pretty salty pitchers. It's a long shot, but win today and all bets are off. 

I don't know that we'd see Dallas on Thursday after his longer start Sunday. The only reason Dettmer was able to start yesterday was because he only threw 44 pitches on Friday. 

You don’t save Dallas for a game you aren’t guaranteed to get. He’s going to be on 4 days rest which isn’t ideal but is not unheard of for college pitchers in these scenarios. This will be decided by how much you get out of Prager today. If you get 6 innings the offense gives you a solid lead I could see a situation where you keep Palisch off the mound today and start him tomorrow in place of Dallas. But if they use Palisch today I really think we see Dallas tomorrow. He’s a competitor that’s going to have to be shot to be kept off the field. 

That being said if you throw Dallas tomorrow you likely don’t get him except Monday if at all for the final best of 3…

Now that I’m thinking about it you might be right that he will be held and likely be your game one starter for the best of 3. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You don’t save Dallas for a game you aren’t guaranteed to get. He’s going to be on 4 days rest which isn’t ideal but is not unheard of for college pitchers in these scenarios. This will be decided by how much you get out of Prager today. If you get 6 innings the offense gives you a solid lead I could see a situation where you keep Palisch off the mound today and start him tomorrow in place of Dallas. But if they use Palisch today I really think we see Dallas tomorrow. He’s a competitor that’s going to have to be shot to be kept off the field. 

It's not about "saving him for a game", it's about protecting his arm. We may see Dallas, but it won't be starting- it'll be in relief. 

It does work out that if A&M can somehow double dip the Sooners, he'll be ready for game 1 of the finals series. But that's a long ways off. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's not about "saving him for a game", it's about protecting his arm. We may see Dallas, but it won't be starting- it'll be in relief. 

It does work out that if A&M can somehow double dip the Sooners, he'll be ready for game 1 of the finals series. But that's a long ways off. 

Pitchers throw on 4 days rest quite often. It’s not just blatantly dangerous. It all depends on the person as well as the situation. You wouldn’t ask any to throw on four days rest routinely, but it’s very common in these situations if a kid feels he is up to it and his arm handled it well you could very well see it. There’s absolutely no difference in asking him to give you 3-4 innings starting vs asking him to give you 2-3 innings of relief in terms of arm safety.