NASCAR BENDS THE KNEE! APOLOGIZES for Greg Abbott Being At NASCAR'S ALL STAR RACE in TEXAS!

mellon

Just now, Monte1076 said:

My preference is the NHRA, anyway.

In times like this where average Americans are struggling to pay for gas and get to work, there should be no racing.  It’s stupid to start with, but even worse in times like these

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

In times like this where average Americans are struggling to pay for gas and get to work, there should be no racing.  It’s stupid to start with, but even worse in times like these

By that logic, we shouldn't have ANY sporting events (because of the fuel used for the flights, and the fuel used to get the players to hotels/stadiums), nor should we have any airline flights.

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

By that logic, we shouldn't have ANY sporting events (because of the fuel used for the flights, and the fuel used to get the players to hotels/stadiums), nor should we have any airline flights.

Racing is stupid

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Certainly an opinion you're entitled to.

When the country gets short of basketballs and it affects people from working, then shut down basketball.  Fuel is killing budgets of lots of families.  Shut down something that is wasteful. And stupid.

25 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Fuel is killing budgets of lots of families.

And right now you have 30 MLB teams flying all over the country for baseball games. Plus buses to get them from whatever hotel they're staying in to the ballpark where they're playing. How much fuel does that use?

And if I'm not mistaken, both the Stanley Cup and NBA Finals are going on. I'd assume they're also flying and using buses. Let's shut all those down, too.

15 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

And right now you have 30 MLB teams flying all over the country for baseball games. Plus buses to get them from whatever hotel they're staying in to the ballpark where they're playing. How much fuel does that use?

And if I'm not mistaken, both the Stanley Cup and NBA Finals are going on. I'd assume they're also flying and using buses. Let's shut all those down, too.

Go for it, but they’re not stupid, racing cars is

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Go for it, but they’re not stupid, racing cars is

There are many people who believe athletic contests are stupid, or disinteresting.

Remember, ESPN shows a spelling bee, for goodness sakes. I'd rather watch poker or a chess match.

And another organization kowtows to the alphabet crowd.  Do these organizations think the majority of their fan base belongs to the LGBTQXXX crowd?  If that’s true, smart move, but if most of their fan base is horsepower loving rednecks, it’s analogous to sacrificing your Queen to save a Pawn.  Insanity runs rampant across America.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

There are many people who believe athletic contests are stupid, or disinteresting.

Remember, ESPN shows a spelling bee, for goodness sakes. I'd rather watch poker or a chess match.

Go drink a beer and chill out dude.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Go drink a beer and chill out dude.

Hey, I'm just pointing out that what people think is stupid, as far as sports and games, is a matter of perspective.

Oh, and the beer I drink is the equivalent ABV of roughly 2.5 "regular" beers.

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Hey, I'm just pointing out that what people think is stupid, as far as sports and games, is a matter of perspective.

Oh, and the beer I drink is the equivalent ABV of roughly 2.5 "regular" beers.

Yea, we’ve talked beers before.