3A- D2 Region 3 Top 10

Rowebot

36 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Decided to stick with what I know best Region 3..

1. Daingerfield

2. West Rusk

3. Waskom

4. Newton

5. New Waverly

6. Troup

7. PP

8. EF

9. DeKalb

10. New Boston (My sleeper Dropping Down)

Waskom lost a ton and the coaching staff. Gonna interesting how they look the coming season

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

West Rusk and DF will definitely be the top 2 teams. I think WR beats DF for the region this year though 👀👀

Gonna be interesting to see how Waskom does this yr without Keeling

Waskom will struggle in my opinion. Although there sub varsities were pretty good. Be really young. 1-3 freshman may start for them. Waskom was a crap place until keeling got there. Can waskom replace him. He did miracles at that place. The real interesting story is can he duplicate it in Tatum 

On 6/4/2022 at 4:37 PM, Ijustwatch said:

Waskom will struggle in my opinion. Although there sub varsities were pretty good. Be really young. 1-3 freshman may start for them. Waskom was a crap place until keeling got there. Can waskom replace him. He did miracles at that place. The real interesting story is can he duplicate it in Tatum 

Waskom is still the solid #2 team in that district next year IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

They are a good football team. Had WR on the ropes most of the game till the 4th quarter. How many do they bring back from last year? 

I think a lot but the qb was a senior i know that from basketball

On 6/5/2022 at 10:23 PM, Valhalla said:

Waskom is still the solid #2 team in that district next year IMO. 

With what coming back? They lost like 15 or more seniors they lost C, QB & WR to Tatum.  They lost 2 kids who went back to Marshall and I heard 3 of the incoming freshman moved/Transferred out as well.  They only returning 2 offensive players that’s going to be hard to recover from. Not only did Keeling leave but his departure gutted the program of coaches and players.   I almost feel bad for them but we got our own problems in EF 😂

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

With what coming back? They lost like 15 or more seniors they lost C, QB & WR to Tatum.  They lost 2 kids who went back to Marshall and I heard 3 of the incoming freshman moved/Transferred out as well.  They only returning 2 offensive players that’s going to be hard to recover from. Not only did Keeling leave but his departure gutted the program of coaches and players.   I almost feel bad for them but we got our own problems in EF 😂

Dang!  Sounds like Waskom is gonna be cellar dwellers next season.  Never would have thought it could go back to that.

2 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Based off what I’ve seen from the other schools that are not Daingerfield. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacket52 said:

We did lose a C, QB & WR to Tatum, but on the other hand our new line coach from Wolfe City brings his son who is a two year starter at QB running both the spread and option offense. Our big FB Hamilton is back and our line is going to be very big again. One young man who was suspended last year will be back and he can be very good if his head is on right. Smith did not move to Marshall he is still in Waskom and was working out Monday morning along with Stephens, Davis, Morris and Washington all speedsters, also the three very good Freshman where also there. We do have another move in that also looks like beast and can't forget Agundiz. I look for Waskom to still be very good but Daingerfield will be the team to beat in our district. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wild74 said:

We did lose a C, QB & WR to Tatum, but on the other hand our new line coach from Wolfe City brings his son who is a two year starter at QB running both the spread and option offense. Our big FB Hamilton is back and our line is going to be very big again. One young man who was suspended last year will be back and he can be very good if his head is on right. Smith did not move to Marshall he is still in Waskom and was working out Monday morning along with Stephens, Davis, Morris and Washington all speedsters, also the three very good Freshman where also there. We do have another move in that also looks like beast and can't forget Agundiz. I look for Waskom to still be very good but Daingerfield will be the team to beat in our district. 

That’s good to hear ! Glad some of them stayed.  I expect Waskom and EF to fall off some but that’s just my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

That’s good to hear ! Glad some of them stayed.  I expect Waskom and EF to fall off some but that’s just my opinion. 

You can't lose a athlete like Cole Watson he will be hard to replace and he was only going to get better in my view, lot of the guys I listed played defense and will have to play both ways for the most part this year. Most of the line will be JVers except for one. I assume Swank will be EF starting QB and I think he will be a 10th grader so if he ends up the starter EF will be set at that position for a few years. 

• Like 1