3A- D2 Region 3 Top 10

Rowebot

1 hour ago, Ijustwatch said:

I just heard illingsworth moved to Marshall? Β  Dang itΒ 

Ripple effect of the decisions the district/board has made lately. Hated to lose him and the family. Need good families like them to stay in the district. But I understand their reasons. Wish the young man the best of luck. Good kid and great family.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 9:19 PM, THEHARDWAY said:

Off topic, but who in the heck comes out of R4 this year……..Poth, EB?

R1 comes down to Canadian, maybe Wall

R2 comes down to Gunter, and Gunter. Maybe the Tapps school.

R3 comes down to DF, Newton, WR

R4….???

Canadian

Gunter (if youre talking about the Newman school i dont think they are all the hype)

DF and WR I dont think Newton is super in the conversatio n this year....... still Newton and anything can happen but i think they will be "down" For a newton squad

R4 PI actually have Poth, I dont think they losdt a lot.......

Β 

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

Whose y’all’s pick to come out of region 3 this upcoming season?Β 

I think it REALLY comes down to DF and WR....... my Sleeper is really NW idk i just think they had something and the more i look into the biggest loss was the qb....... But we will see when they play Newton i know newton has a bunch of guys all the time but this year we havent really heard nothing like we usuall do about whatever monster they pull out of the woods over there lol like lossing the gatsen kid is going to be big because i know he struggked with injury last year and saw some time off the field i just dont know what else they have lost..... and i also went to watch them play waskom and idk they just didnt impress me all that much other than sizeΒ 

You HAVE to respect Waskom and EF....... Just by pedigree alone...... BUT i think that they are gonna have maybe a year to adjust to all of the new stuff and transfers etc...... I know both programs have had some transfer stuff happen and etc.... sometimes kids take a minute to buy in and all that...... not really a situation for a coach to come in and immediatly make a state run..........

BUT in all reality if i was a betting man IO would put my money on WR, The offence is potent and i think they can play good enough D to get out of the region and lose to GUNTER

22 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Moved or transferred?

EF has had 2 really good football players from that class move or transfer out for the same reasons. One moved to Marshall and one transferred to Carthage last year. He will be eligible to play for Carthage this year.Β 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 5:58 AM, Nick2011 said:

Good question… with Franklin gone, I would assume it will come down to EB, Lexington, or Poth.Β 

Won't be EB they are way down. My pick seeing everything in region 4 last year will be Tidehaven Rogers or Poth. Tidewater and Roger had a bunch of young talent. Van Vleck could be the sleeper

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Won't be EB they are way down. My pick seeing everything in region 4 last year will be Tidehaven Rogers or Poth. Tidewater and Roger had a bunch of young talent. Van Vleck could be the sleeper

Lexington did have a okay JV and 8th grade so who knows how they will look

4 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Rogers lost the stud QB and stud RB, correct?

40 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Rogers lost the stud QB and stud RB, correct?

The running back yes but I don't remember him getting a lot of touches last year well at least against us. Roger was very beat up and had a ton of injuries on top of being pretty young

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewtonBaller said:

I heard the Trinity 7 on 7 tournament today skill wise was New Waverly and Marlin then everyone else.

Β 

EF and Waskom both lost to Harmony in pool play/championship. EF only had to beat Queen City to get out of pool play.

Marlin is goin to be something serious

On 6/10/2022 at 7:34 PM, NewtonBaller said:

I heard the Trinity 7 on 7 tournament today skill wise was New Waverly and Marlin then everyone else.

Β 

EF and Waskom both lost to Harmony in pool play/championship. EF only had to beat Queen City to get out of pool play.

EF's issue will be depth. They have some decent "frontline" kids but when they need a break, there won't be much help. EF played without a "starter" & a few more kids. They only had 14 kids play. Fatigue caught up with them in the end. Harmony looked good though.Β 

One team in EF's pool was a no show and the other already qualified. Harmony only had to beat Waskom to get out of their pool.Β 

46 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

They lost their first game of the day to Chilton though as well correct? Chilton had already qualified that's why they were able to make it to the qualifier game

yes............. i think ef is just not going to be as good as they have been over all..... but the district will still shake out the same over there because waskom will be "down".................. I still think waskjom gice dfield a run for the title though just depends on the offense ethey fit into and qb play if they stay the same.... still going to have some athletes running around there......Β 

Β 

WOOORD around town is HS is in for a rough year this year and maybe the next two.... a little rebuilding going on..... not getting as many daingerfield transfers haha

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, NewtonBaller said:

They lost their first game of the day to Chilton though as well correct? Chilton had already qualified that's why they were able to make it to the qualifier game

Correct, on both statements. EF lost to Chilton. EF, Harmony, and Waskom basically had the same path to win their pool and qualify for state. Harmony & Waskom had 2 qualifiers in their pool and each other. EF had 1 qualifier and 1 no show.Β  And you could say the same for Queen City. They had the same path as EF.

2 hours ago, Rowebot said:

yes............. i think ef is just not going to be as good as they have been over all..... but the district will still shake out the same over there because waskom will be "down".................. I still think waskjom gice dfield a run for the title though just depends on the offense ethey fit into and qb play if they stay the same.... still going to have some athletes running around there......Β 

Β 

WOOORD around town is HS is in for a rough year this year and maybe the next two.... a little rebuilding going on..... not getting as many daingerfield transfers haha

EF's issue will be depth and lack of varsity experience. They will have some good kids playing that will be better the second half of the season because of gained experience. The "starters" will be fine, it's when they have to get a breather is when EF may get in trouble. Just my 2 cents

3 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF's issue will be depth and lack of varsity experience. They will have some good kids playing that will be better the second half of the season because of gained experience. The "starters" will be fine, it's when they have to get a breather is when EF may get in trouble. Just my 2 cents

Really only one way to go but up from the last time EF stepped on the field. Running clock in the playoffs is rough.Β 

6 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Really only one way to go but up from the last time EF stepped on the field. Running clock in the playoffs is rough.Β 

EF overachieved last year with what they had. They weren’t even on the same level as Daingerfield athletically.Β That senior class had zero skill players that would have started on any other team. Goodnight would have and that’s it. The Sr QB gave everything he had and got the most of his QB ability before he got hurt. The senior class this year is less talented than the 22 class. It will be all juniors & sophomores for EF this year with a few freshman mixed in out of necessity.Β 

Scott ford was a great coach. Got the most out of the kids. His only down fall was he couldn’t beat Waskom. Which not many have since Keeling and his Staff got there. Β I haven’t heard any negative things about the new Coaches. But we will see when it gets closer. At least they are playing. Ford hated 7 on 7Β 

9 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF overachieved last year with what they had. They weren’t even on the same level as Daingerfield athletically.Β That senior class had zero skill players that would have started on any other team. Goodnight would have and that’s it. The Sr QB gave everything he had and got the most of his QB ability before he got hurt. The senior class this year is less talented than the 22 class. It will be all juniors & sophomores for EF this year with a few freshman mixed in out of necessity.Β 

I find it hard to believe that EF didn’t have a single other skill kid that could have started on Ore City, New Diana, Harleton, or Queen City.Β 

27 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I find it hard to believe that EF didn’t have a single other skill kid that could have started on Ore City, New Diana, Harleton, or Queen City.Β 

Good Point. You are right there. I should have clarified, the playoff teams from our area. Point is, EF overachieved with what they had in my opinion.Β