*** State Semi-Finals and Finals UPDATES***

KirtFalcon

In the other 5A semifinal at 7 pm it will be heavily favored Georgetown vs Cinderella Frisco Wakeland that managed somehow thru the playoffs to get to this game.  Georgetown will fill the stands this evening at Dell Diamond at the same time the Class 4A State Championship game is being played at Disch-Falk Field with Sinton vs Argyle.

• Like 1

My personal opinion is that aluminum bats should be outlawed at the college level.  I can see why high schools should be able to use them......lighter weight for more offense, cost of replacing broken wood bats, and the players are not yet fully developed physically to do serious damage on hot shots to the pitcher.  But there is no good reason IMO for the use of aluminum bats at the next level past high school.

• Like 1

Besides......using aluminum bats does NOT give an accurate reading for scouts at the minor and major league levels to gauge the true abilities of a hitter when he switches over to using wooden bats.  When I graduated high school in the 70's, we all played with wooden bats in high school and summer leagues.  When I was in little league in the late 60's.....it was wooden bats.  I batted over .600 my senior season using wooden bats......true story.

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I didn't expect that. I wonder if they used their best pitcher against Garrison  ....

Probably so. You can’t win the championship without winning the semifinal. Teams have come up short before pitching their #2 in the semifinals thinking they’d save their stud for the finals. 

• Like 1