Class 4A Baseball State Finals Games

regaleagle

Today begins the State Semifinal games in Austin for Class 4A baseball.  Today at 1 pm will be Argyle vs China Spring, and then at 4pm will be Sinton vs Celina.  Should be two very competitive games for a really top-notch Final Four in Class 4A this season.  NFHS will be carrying a Live Video Feed of the action for a $10.99 monthly subscribtion price that you can cancel after all the baseball playoffs for every classification this weekend.  It's a really cheap way to see all the classifications play their baseball championship games.  Argyle vs China Spring up first in Class 4A today.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Argyle defeated China Spring earlier this season on March 12 in tournament play 6-0......but that was a loooong time ago and now both teams have matured and progressed to get to this point.  I'm not sure, but I think CS has a pretty good group of pitchers......I know that is one of the strengths of this season's Argyle Eagles.

Most of the everyday starting lineup for Argyle consists of sophs and juniors, but almost ALL of the Argyle starting pitchers are seniors. Argyle's team this season is relatively young by Argyle Baseball standards......but these younger players are very talented.....or else they would not be starters on this caliber of a team. The hitting has improved thru the season and now appears to be the best it has been all season for consistency.  Pitching and stellar defense are the mainstay of this season's Argyle Eagles.

I have decided not to endure the heat, the traffic, and all the hullabaloo that comes with attending these games this season.  I bought the monthly NFHS subscription and will now be able to watch the games in all classifications at my own leisure thru this weekend.  I just hope NFHS has some uninterrupted quality broadcasts of these games.  That part of the equation is always a concern.  IF I was a younger man, I would most likely attend some of the games.  The heat will be very serious out there this week.....especially for day games.  

I was out in the heat yesterday getting on a few roofs(I'm in the roofing business).....so I can tell you for certain.  It was a scorcher!  My shirt was wet within 15 minutes and plenty of bottled water is a MUST.   I'm 67 now and in pretty decent shape for a man of even 50 yrs......but this kind of heat will play a role in today's games.....even for these young men.  The pitchers and catchers will bear the brunt of the heat today for sure.

All of the Class 4A State Championship games will occur in Austin at Disch-Falk Field this week while all the other classifications will be played at Dell Diamond in Round Rock.  Both facilities are top-notch, but perhaps attending the games at Dell Diamond is much easier and more convenient for parking and driving to the games.  I think Dell Diamond is just so much easier to attend and watch than Disch-Falk in Austin......so much less traffic and congestion in and out.  And very pleasant baseball atmosphere as well.  More fans will be attending all the games at Dell Diamond this week because that is where all of the games will be except for 4A......

Disch-Falk is a whole different set of circumstances......even if I do live in Round Rock.  The parking alone is a pain.....and so is the traffic.....but not so much at a 1 pm game start.  The 4 pm game start will be very HOT.......better get there in plenty of time before traffic starts building up at 3:30 right off of I-35.

As so true for NFHS......their broadcast says "Delayed".  But it's not delayed......I'm listening to the game on Sportsgram.  China Spring is the visiting team and up to bat now.  Just underway......one up, one out on groundout to the Argyle pitcher.

Argyle gets a hit, then caught stealing at 2nd base with 2 outs.  Good throw from the CS catcher. Now Trace Necessary hits a home run in left on the first pitch to start off the 2nd inning.  Good hard shot to left field was gone right off the bat.  Evan Brandt on the mound for Argyle. 

He walks the #8 hitter for CS......runners on first and 2nd with 2 outs.  The sun is directly overhead and a little hot out there.  Better to make quick work in this heat for the pitchers today......heck, for everybody in the field.

Argyle leaves 2 on with a fly out to the left fielder.  Sellars led off the inning with a shot to the warning path in center for a triple, then a walk, and then a single by shortstop JC Davis scores the runner.  Sellars scored previously on a pass ball.  

CS goes down 1-2-3 on 3 consecutive infield ground balls in about 8 pitches to end the top of the 6th.  Argyle coming up to bat now in the bottom of the 6th leading 2-1.  Brandt for Argyle up to about 80 pitches......the CS pitcher was relieved last inning by Case McCloud.