Proposals before UIL this summer.... what do you think?

Mavchamp

1. Whatever.

2. No. We've had several freshman on varsity through the years that were players. If they're good, let em play.

3.Whatever.

4. Whatever.

Honestly, I'm ashamed to say, I couldn't tell you if Van had a soccer team or not lol. Not bashing the sport, it's just that I only like football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

1. Whatever.

2. No. We've had several freshman on varsity through the years that were players. If they're good, let em play.

3.Whatever.

4. Whatever.

Honestly, I'm ashamed to say, I couldn't tell you if Van had a soccer team or not lol. Not bashing the sport, it's just that I only like football. 

If soccer moves to the Fall it will create a log jam at most schools for use of the football field. I cant see it happening. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

A lot of mid sized to smaller schools have a soccer coach who also coaches soccer.   If both sports were in the fall, it would be some longggggg days for those coaches. 

They have "soccer coaches who also coach soccer"? Shocking!

• LOL! 3

15 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

If soccer moves to the Fall it will create a log jam at most schools for use of the football field. I cant see it happening. 

Why not let soccer season start the day after the state baseball tournament ends? I have no problem with this.😎

36 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

No Seniors? Force staff to work all Summer? 

I thought someone already said that all coaches work all summer and don’t have an off season. Solution is to do away with the 7 on 7 stuff and go back to smash mouth football. Never heard of the 7 7 league helping a wing t or slot t offense— only the chunck chunck offense. Exceptions are possible 😁

21 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

These are written proposals from the public....UIL will discuss them but everyone is getting up in arms about proposals that have very little chance of passing 

I would love to hear the true reasoning behind the soccer and freshman proposals. The freshman thing sounds like an angry parent whose own child got passed up because a freshman was better. The soccer move makes literally zero sense. They did it in the mid 80s and it lasted just two years for a reason.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

These are written proposals from the public....UIL will discuss them but everyone is getting up in arms about proposals that have very little chance of passing 

So we can propose the final two rounds of the football playoffs are required to be contested indoors!

7 hours ago, Destry said:

I thought someone already said that all coaches work all summer and don’t have an off season. Solution is to do away with the 7 on 7 stuff and go back to smash mouth football. Never heard of the 7 7 league helping a wing t or slot t offense— only the chunck chunck offense. Exceptions are possible 😁

They have a responsibility but not the same as having to travel to games and set up for home games. Would soccer coaches be on a 12 month contract? Also, would seniors be excluded from soccer? They graduate before the end of baseball season. 

On 6/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, VonG said:

I have no problems with 1, 3, and 4. I actually think 4 is needed. I hate all that stalling in basketball. 2 is a different ballgame. You have some freshman whose bodies are very mature for their age. If they are just talking about football. I could see where they are going with it. But other sports. It really isn't a issue. 

I seen schools that couldn't field a team without freshmen and they was a majority of the best players. I say proposition 2 is bogus.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:50 AM, Mavchamp said:

You’re wasting your breath.

The same folks that say “who cares” to anything concerning soccer are the same ones that generally vote….

Nvm.  You already know. 😂

Same here. I was never really interested until the U.S. had a decent World Cup run a few years back. Then I got more interested when I started watching Lobo soccer. 

If you invest the time and intellect into understanding the finer points of the game, you can really begin to enjoy it and appreciate why it's *literally* the most popular sport in the world. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

Soccer really is an awesome game my best friend growing up played at SMU and his son played in the U-18 World Cup and has made two national team appearances, he currently plays professionally in Italy now for Roma...so I've grown up around the game and learned to appreciate it from a young age 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1