Gas Prices Soar to National Average of $5 per Gallon

RETIREDFAN1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

The more I see this, the more I think it's what Democrats actually want, despite what they might say.

Aside from that, I think this will be a big help to Republicans in the midterms.

You think?  You think they were also just trying to keep everyone safe by destroying businesses and locking everyone down for covid? 

Just now, Monte1076 said:

My wife and son are STILL not really willing to go out anywhere.

I'm sorry.  The fearmongers are pretty good at what they do.  24/7 death ticker for a year or more will take its toll.  Hoping they get more comfortable and see the light.  

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m driving more than 200 miles this weekend.  I don’t need to sit for 4-5 hours “fueling up”.

I would drive a Tesla to and from work happily.  But it’s a 5 person car, I have 5 kids alone.  Also, it’s $100,000… I would prefer a Grand Wagoneer for that price.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I would drive a Tesla to and from work happily.  But it’s a 5 person car, I have 5 kids alone.  Also, it’s $100,000… I would prefer a Grand Wagoneer for that price.  

Who doesn't just have $100,000 just laying around? Don't we all?

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Who doesn't just have $100,000 just laying around? Don't we all?

Give it a couple of months and all those people who have student debt, don't pay taxes, and live off the government will recieve one for just voting "democrat"--expect these things in October--who needs to pass bills anymore, especially when we allow for so many "executive orders". 

• Like 1

With the price of farm and road diesel skyrocketing, the cost of cutting and bailing hay has also gone through the roof .... Hay that was $40-45 a bale is going to be $100 plus this year, maybe more if we don't get some rain soon ...

Guess what that's going to do to already outrageous meat 🍖 prices? ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

16 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

My wife and son are STILL not really willing to go out anywhere.

Wife and I took what we considered reasonable precautions...we got vaxxed last spring and took a booster in the fall...but we never did really stop our living our lives because of covid. We did cut back on the number of times we went out to eat but that was about it. Since covid appeared we have road tripped to Colorado twice and to the Grand Canyon (that is one big ditch lol). Heck, Im about to hit Platinum status with Choice Hotels. When it comes to covid I think a lot of people down played the seriousness of it (mostly due to their political ideology)...but I also think people that hid in a bunker for a year (assuming they were not high risk) are also wrong. Like everything else in this country these days peoples response to covid was mostly one extreme or the other.

15 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m driving more than 200 miles this weekend.  I don’t need to sit for 4-5 hours “fueling up”.

Its more like 45 minutes for a Tesla supercharger (assuming there is one along the way)...but yeah, I get it. We are going to make a quick trip to Sonora sometimes this month and I would much rather have my ice car than have to plan my route based on the availability of chargers.

37 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Wife and I took what we considered reasonable precautions...we got vaxxed last spring and took a booster in the fall...but we never did really stop our living our lives because of covid. We did cut back on the number of times we went out to eat but that was about it. Since covid appeared we have road tripped to Colorado twice and to the Grand Canyon (that is one big ditch lol). Heck, Im about to hit Platinum status with Choice Hotels. When it comes to covid I think a lot of people down played the seriousness of it (mostly due to their political ideology)...but I also think people that hid in a bunker for a year (assuming they were not high risk) are also wrong. Like everything else in this country these days peoples response to covid was mostly one extreme or the other.

I've "sat out" two football seasons (listened on the radio), and my wife will likely want me to "sit out" this season, too, even with a potential for a "fall booster". I've also missed two monster truck events I wanted to go to, and possibly two drag race events. I also had plans to go see the Rangers' new stadium that looks like a barn/Costco, and see a game or two there...

do have an underlying condition, and my wife had some breathing issues a few years back, though. So maybe that's why.

I even got an invitation to a 4th of July party at an aunt's house for this year. My wife says that she believes certain members of my family are "irresponsible", and reading between the lines, that means she doesn't want us to go. If this weren't a "COVID" year, I think we'd probably go.

10 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I've "sat out" two football seasons (listened on the radio), and my wife will likely want me to "sit out" this season, too, even with a potential for a "fall booster". I've also missed two monster truck events I wanted to go to, and possibly two drag race events. I also had plans to go see the Rangers' new stadium that looks like a barn/Costco, and see a game or two there...

do have an underlying condition, and my wife had some breathing issues a few years back, though. So maybe that's why.

I even got an invitation to a 4th of July party at an aunt's house for this year. My wife says that she believes certain members of my family are "irresponsible", and reading between the lines, that means she doesn't want us to go. If this weren't a "COVID" year, I think we'd probably go.

Every year is going to be a Covid year if the dims get their way  ....  they want you to remain scared 😱  ....

24 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

flock-staring-sheep-260nw-1039708483.jpg

57 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Its more like 45 minutes for a Tesla supercharger (assuming there is one along the way)...but yeah, I get it. We are going to make a quick trip to Sonora sometimes this month and I would much rather have my ice car than have to plan my route based on the availability of chargers.

90%+ of tge chargers “along the way” are level 2 chargers.  That’s just the truth right now.  

51 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I would live rather than exist.  Go out have fun.  When its your time, its your time.  

34 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

90%+ of tge chargers “along the way” are level 2 chargers.  That’s just the truth right now.  

I dont doubt that is true...and that will not work. EV owners install level 2 chargers in their garage and charge their cars overnight...but for a road trip that is not acceptable. As I understand it battery chemistry also plays a part...so even if a fast charger is available the cars battery may not accept that level of charging. I think ev's are pretty cool and have a big upside and I would love to have one...but only (at this point in time) if we also had a traditional car.

35 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

The guys at work are taking bets on when the station down the road will top $5.00 a gallon for reg unleaded.

I have July 4th........................

Surprisingly, one of the stations here has been $4.69 for the last 3 or 4 days.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

I dont doubt that is true...and that will not work. EV owners install level 2 chargers in their garage and charge their cars overnight...but for a road trip that is not acceptable. As I understand it battery chemistry also plays a part...so even if a fast charger is available the cars battery may not accept that level of charging. I think ev's are pretty cool and have a big upside and I would love to have one...but only (at this point in time) if we also had a traditional car.

Plugs 🔌, Bernie and AOC say you can't keep your poolutin gas jalopy ...