Week One: Longview at McKinney Boyd

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs McKinney Boyd Broncos (0-0)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney Boyd in a close one
    • McKinney Boyd in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 12:00 AM

longview.pngmckinneyboyd.png

LONGVIEW LOBOS (0-0) AT MCKINNEY BOYD BRONCOS (0-0)

DATE: Friday, August 26th
TIME: 7:00 PM
LONGVIEW BROADCAST: 106.5 FM JACK FM
MCKINNEY BOYD BROADCAST: 97.5 FM KLAK
LONGVIEW LIVE STREAM: Longview Gameday
MCKINNEY BOYD LIVE STREAM: McKinneyISD.net

longview.pngLOBOS LEAD SERIES 1-0-0 longview.png

The two schools have never played a non-district contest.
The two schools have never played a district contest.
The Lobos have a 1-0 lead when the game is a playoff contest.
The Lobos have a 1-0 lead when the game is played at a neutral location.
The two schools have never played at Longview.
The two schools have never played at McKinney Boyd.
Longview won the last meeting with the Broncos.
The two schools have never played at McKinney ISD Stadium.
The two schools have never played on August 26th.

LAST FIVE GAMES IN SERIES:
11.23.2013 - Longview 27, McKinney Boyd 10 - Wildcat-Ram Stadium
FULL GAME LOG

GAME PREVIEW & SERIES REVIEW:
Another season falls upon us. For the 113th time, the Longview Lobos take to the field to open a season. And for the 19th time, John King leads those Longview Lobos as head coach of the program. It’s been an off season of optimism for the Lobos, and one King has acknowledged has the potential to be an extremely special one. Following a dominating Seven on Seven performance in Tyler and then in College Station at the state tournament, Jordan Allen returns as quarterback for the Lobos for his third and final season. It’s one that Allen looks to redeem himself after struggling in his sophomore season of 2020, followed by losing the starting position in 2021. Each season saw the Lobos end their season in the Regional round against Denton Ryan. It looks to be be a redeeming season as well for the rest of the program, as the Lobos have seen consecutive seasons for the first time in the John King era that Longview did not reach 10 or more wins (9 both seasons), as well as the first time of not winning the district championship in consecutive seasons during King’s tenure. Returning along side Allen is a host of other Lobos that had significant impact on the 2021 season, no bigger than Jalen Hale. Already the holder for receiving touchdowns in a career as a Lobo, Hale will have his eyes set on a breaking the receiving yards in a career mark as he sits just under 800 yards away from Kamden Perry’s mark. Sophomore sensation Taylor Tatum returns for his junior season as does Longview’s group of sophomore secondary men. For just the second time in their history, the Lobos head to McKinney, Texas to take on an opponent as Longview opens the 2022 campaign against the McKinney Boyd Broncos. Longview’s first visit to McKinney occurred just a season ago, in a 37-35 shocking upset against McKinney North. The loss marked the first time a John King coached Lobo squad had lost to a team sitting at under .500 entering the contest. A 5 turnover day, including three interceptions by Jordan Allen, sealed the fate for the Lobos on the day. Longview and McKinney Boyd meet for the second time in their respective histories after last meeting in 2013’s 5A Division II Area Round. The Lobos overcame a slow start, seeing themselves trailing 10-7 at halftime from Richardson’s Wildcat-Ram Stadium, to roll away in the second half of a 27-10 victory over the Broncos. Longview’s trip to the McKinney will be the first of three over the course of the next 12 months. The Lobos will return next season to take on McKinney High in the same classic, most likely a Saturday evening affair, before a late October district trip against McKinney North. Friday’s meeting will be just the fifth all-time for the Lobos against a McKinney ISD school. Prior to Longview’s 2013 win over McKinney Boyd, the Lobos knocked off McKinney High back in 1937, 32-7. As well as two district meetings against McKinney North that has seen the Lobos and Bulldogs split their meetings. As the new season gets underway, the Lobos see a quite a bit of change in their district for the next two seasons. After losing Wylie East and Highland Park to Class 6A, and Sherman to another district inside Region II, the Lobos will see North Mesquite and Lufkin return to their district schedules as well as facing off against Lancaster for the third consecutive season following back to back playoff victories over the Tigers. On top of those three teams being added to the slate, Longview will take on the Forney Jackrabbits for the first time in their history this season. It’s sure to be one for the records books, as the Lobos enter the 2022 season ranked No. 1 in Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine.

LAST GAME RESULTS FOR 7-5A DIVISION I:
Forney 21 Frisco Liberty 45
North Mesquite 13 Rockwall 49
Lancaster 14 Longview 34
Longview 33 Denton Ryan 37
Lufkin 7 Waller 38
McKinney North 10 College Station 49
Tyler 14 Magnolia West 56
West Mesquite 22 Sherman 26

WEEK ONE 7-5A DIVISION I SCHEDULE:
Forney vs Crandall
North Mesquite at North Garland
Lancaster vs Dallas Skyline
Longview at McKinney Boyd
Lufkin at Tyler Legacy
McKinney North vs Garland (Thursday)
Tyler at Marshall
West Mesquite vs Dallas Kimball

DISTRICT 7-5A DIVISION I STANDINGS:
1st. Forney (0-0, 0-0)
2nd. Lancaster (0-0, 0-0)
3rd. Longview (0-0, 0-0)
4th. Lufkin (0-0, 0-0)
5th. McKinney North (0-0, 0-0)
6th. North Mesquite (0-0, 0-0)
7th. Tyler (0-0, 0-0)
8th. West Mesquite (0-0, 0-0)

DISTRICT 8-5A DIVISION I OVERVIEW:
Last game - Baytown Goose Creek Memorial fell to Beaumont United, 24-14. Baytown Lee defeated Baytown Sterling, 24-21. Baytown Sterling fell to Baytown Lee, 24-21. Crosby fell to Liberty Hill, 42-14. Humble Kingwood Park defeated Dayton, 51-34. La Porte fell to Galveston Ball, 33-10. Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill defeated A&M Consolidated, 41-35. New Caney Porter fell to Magnolia, 42-0. Port Arthur Memorial fell to Fort Bend Hightower, 24-21.
This week - Baytown Goose Creek Memorial plays Galena Park. Baytown Lee travels to South Houston. Baytown Sterling travels to Houston Northbrook. Crosby travels to Houston C.E. King. Humble Kingwood Park travels to Aldine MacArthur. La Porte hosts Deer Park. Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill travels to Magnolia West. New Caney Porter travels to Dayton. Port Arthur Memorial travels to Port Neches-Groves.

LONGVIEW LOBOS
Record: 0-0 (0-0)
District: 7-5A Division I
Coach: John King (197-44 in 18 seasons) (Playoffs: 45-17)
First Year of Football: 1909
All-Time Record: 756-355-52 (Playoffs: 74-44-1)
Playoff Appearances: 47
Last Playoff Appearance: 2021, Class 5A Division I Regional Round
State Championships (2): 1937 (1A), 2018 (6A D2)
State Championship Appearances (5): 1937 (1A), 1997 (5A D1), 2008 (4A D1), 2009 (4A D1), 2018 (6A D2)
SCHEDULE:
08.26 - at McKinney Boyd
09.02 - vs Marshall
09.09 - at Tyler Legacy
09.16 - at Lufkin
09.23 - vs Lancaster
10.07 - vs Forney
10.14 - at North Mesquite
10.21 - vs McKinney North
10.28 - at Tyler
11.04 - vs West Mesquite

MCKINNEY BOYD BRONCOS
Record: 0-0 (0-0)
District: 5-6A
Coach: Daniel Foster (0-0 in 0 seasons) (Playoffs: 0-0)
First Year of Football: 2006
All-Time Record: 83-90-0 (Playoffs: 5-8-0)
Playoff Appearances: 8
Last Playoff Appearance: 2021, 6A Division I Bi-District Round
State Championships (0): n/a
State Championship Appearances (0): n/a
SCHEDULE:
08.26 - vs Longview
09.01 - at Trophy Club Byron Nelson
09.09 - vs Plano West
09.16 - at Allen
09.23 - v. McKinney
09.30 - at Denton Guyer
10.13 - vs Prosper
10.21 - at Little Elm
10.28 - at Prosper Rock Hill
11.03 - vs Denton Braswell

ON THIS DATE IN LOBO HISTORY: August 26th
In 2005, Chris Ivory rushed for two scores, while Carlin Freeman and Vondrell McGee rushed for a touchdown, as Longview defeated Marshall, 28-16, at Maverick Stadium.
In 2011, Eric Hawkins hauled in a 29-yard pass for a score, while Deontre Wilson tallied twice In the 3rd quarter to lead the Lobos to a 30-0 over Marshall at Lobo Stadium.
In 2016, Kendrevian White tallied twice before Lufkin broke open a 21-all game in the 4th quarter to knock off the Lobos, 35-24, at Abe Martin Stadium. Longview rushed for 327 yards on the day, while Kahlil Brown and Kordell Rogers each tallied twice for the Panthers.

lobohowl2.GIF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Little early??? 😂😂😂😂

I have a list of things I'm getting done on my 4 day weekend, this way it's up and I don't have to worry about it since the next two months are going to be crazy busy for me lol.

• Like 3

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

I have a list of things I'm getting done on my 4 day weekend, this way it's up and I don't have to worry about it since the next two months are going to be crazy busy for me lol.

Good deal....i love reading your info.....

7 minutes ago, LOL said:

I'm less concerned with the margin of victory as much as I'll be watching for penalties and line play. 

This is going to be a tremendous factor to how our season plays like. The last 2/3 seasons have been absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 12:04 PM, kingwolf said:

I am actually kind of bummed about this game.  I was hoping Boyd would be a lot stronger.  If DCTF is accurate, this should be a 3+ score win.  We really need some strength in our schedule.  

I feel like facing McKinney High and their offense would've been a great test for us, instead we'll get McKinney next season without their star QB. Is what it is. I use to complain about the non-district (and am sure I will in the future out of frustration), but I do know King tries to schedule as hard as he can (Marshall aside). Legacy should've been replaced with a much tougher opponent imo.

I really wish we could've kept that series with West Monroe going tbh. Placing at Indy Stadium every year against their program (or someone equal in LA) is ideal to me.

• Like 1