Week One: Longview at McKinney Boyd

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs McKinney Boyd Broncos (0-0)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney Boyd in a close one
    • McKinney Boyd in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 12:00 AM

On 8/11/2022 at 4:51 PM, ANTI said:

The two scrimmages are huge...

But the fact that the entire coaching staff now gets 1on1 time for two weeks with the 9th grade squad is even more big.

I watched a couple of the early 9th grade practices and was really impressed with the one on one coaching that the Varsity coaches were doing. Every one was closely involved with their group. They already knew names and were doing lots of teaching. Our staff is the BEST!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

whats the word on the scrimmage tomorrow? They’ve scrimmaged 6/7 years in a row i think, idk if it’ll be any different but did hear they might get away from controlled part . 

JV and 9th-grade teams will start at 5 p.m., followed by the Varsity at 7 p.m.

1s and 2s play for 48 snaps, then both teams get four field goal attempts and four punt attempts. 

I don't think there's going to be a live quarter, but I could be wrong. 

EDIT: see LoboFan's post below. 

• Like 1

Both the first and second-team players will compete for 48 snaps. The kicking game session will feature four attempts by the Longview and Texas High field goal units, and four snaps involving the teams’ punt units.

The final thing on the docket will be the live scrimmage format, which will include a 15-minute quarter for the varsity first-teamers, and a 10-minute period for the varsity second-teamers. Both Longview and Texas High will receive two timeouts, and their quarterbacks will be protected. Special teams plays will also be dead, and there will be no kickoffs.

Via News-Journal...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope both teams get something out of it..staying healthy being #1 . reps against RB/Wr group from Lv will help out young texas high defense later on  . Lv gameday had lobo secondary on for interview, it was good stuff i look forward to watching them  

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I’m not confident enough to say 50, but I am confident enough to say we win by at least 17.

My thought analysis is if you believe you are that good(which I believe Longview is)...go out every night and prove it! I'm talking going out and Westlake'ng every team in front of you. No more of this bend but don't break mentality on defense. Go out and stifle opponents. The offense should be unstoppable the first 12 games of the year. Longview really should average 50... no less than 40 this year

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I’m not confident enough to say 50, but I am confident enough to say we win by at least 17.

Taylor Tatum.

With him on the field alone, at least 35-42 will go on the board on a nightly basis. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gtee2 said:

The great Tyler McCray...still one of my favorites 

TY was a natural.

No camps, no trainers...just a kid from the southside with nasty ability.

Him and Keilyn Williams are the poster child of "make something out of nothing". But Tyler did it at 6'0 185.

Top 5 Lobo back ever. For now anyway lol

Taylor Tatum is about to change up that top 5.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

TY was a natural.

No camps, no trainers...just a kid from the southside with nasty ability.

Him and Keilyn Williams are the poster child of "make something out of nothing". But Tyler did it at 6'0 185.

Top 5 Lobo back ever. For now anyway lol

Taylor Tatum is about to change up that top 5.

Ain't noway that dude was 185