Bearcats good as most!

Doomer

Does Bearcats rule Region 3 next year?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does Bearcats rule Region 3 next year?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • Maybe
    • Ban Doomy, boy ain't right

22 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

After our first game of the year you should have a better idea.  👍

Maybe not...we will be breaking in a new QB and filling some holes on defense, and you guys will be figuring everything out as far as replacing that big senior class that left.  I am glad we are playing, just wish it was week 4 or so.  I feel like both teams will still be a very tough out every Friday night, but the teams we see week 1 will look nothing like the teams we will see in the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearcats99 said:

Maybe not...we will be breaking in a new QB and filling some holes on defense, and you guys will be figuring everything out as far as replacing that big senior class that left.  I am glad we are playing, just wish it was week 4 or so.  I feel like both teams will still be a very tough out every Friday night, but the teams we see week 1 will look nothing like the teams we will see in the playoffs.

Maybe so…

On 6/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, Doomer said:

The BHS Bearcats went 3-5 rounds deep in Football, B-ball and baseball. Only other 2A I feel comes in that good was Timpson in Region III.

I think Garrison will have some to say about that ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

Better than Timpson or better than last year?

Well I guess they could be better than Timpson and be better than last year, or they could be better than Timpson but not better than last year etc.....I think overall Beckville will be better than they were last year......how that plays out vs Timpson is yet to be seen

2 hours ago, Anahuac12 said:

Well I guess they could be better than Timpson and be better than last year, or they could be better than Timpson but not better than last year etc.....I think overall Beckville will be better than they were last year......how that plays out vs Timpson is yet to be seen

If they had move ins that are equally as talented as Ryan Harris they will be better for sure than last year.  Timpson is still on a whole different  level than Beckville for this year and even next.  Regardless of what I think the first game of the season will be here soon enough and it’s gonna be a good one!  I’m not knocking Beckville by the way, I believe they will be very solid and tough as always! 

1 hour ago, Bear9T1 said:

If they had move ins that are equally as talented as Ryan Harris they will be better for sure than last year.  Timpson is still on a whole different  level than Beckville for this year and even next.  Regardless of what I think the first game of the season will be here soon enough and it’s gonna be a good one!  I’m not knocking Beckville by the way, I believe they will be very solid and tough as always! 

You don't replace a Ryan Harris....that being said we did have a couple kids come in that will help...Not sure what level you think Timpson is on, they were good last year but obviously not unbeatable (or they would have won it all) and short of 2 very key injuries might have lost to Beckville two weeks prior....All of that is irrelevant as they will both be different teams this year and both will be good teams.....we will see how it shakes out....good luck !!

15 minutes ago, Anahuac12 said:

You don't replace a Ryan Harris....that being said we did have a couple kids come in that will help...Not sure what level you think Timpson is on, they were good last year but obviously not unbeatable (or they would have won it all) and short of 2 very key injuries might have lost to Beckville two weeks prior....All of that is irrelevant as they will both be different teams this year and both will be good teams.....we will see how it shakes out....good luck !!

Yeah good luck. 

6 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

Ryan Harris is not a kid that you just replace with a plug and play deal. Neither is Braeden Courtney. I’ll let some of the Bearcat fans share more information on the move-ins, but I think they are both difference makers. I think Timpson will still be very good, probably good enough to win District 11 if they can stay healthy. (Bussey is probably good for at least 9 wins lol). They are the team to beat in Region 3 until someone does it. It was discussed for years on this board that if Timpson ever hired the right coach they would become a powerhouse. I don’t think there’s any doubt that Coach T is that guy. One of the best in the business, and a super nice guy to boot. I’m interested in the kids that are coming up that we’re sitting behind that group that just graduated. If there’s no dropoff, this might be the year that Timpson breaks the Region 3 drought. But Beckville will be better than last year. It could be their year to take a crack at the Region 4 champ. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Ryan Harris is not a kid that you just replace with a plug and play deal. Neither is Braeden Courtney. I’ll let some of the Bearcat fans share more information on the move-ins, but I think they are both difference makers. I think Timpson will still be very good, probably good enough to win District 11 if they can stay healthy. (Bussey is probably good for at least 9 wins lol). They are the team to beat in Region 3 until someone does it. It was discussed for years on this board that if Timpson ever hired the right coach they would become a powerhouse. I don’t think there’s any doubt that Coach T is that guy. One of the best in the business, and a super nice guy to boot. I’m interested in the kids that are coming up that we’re sitting behind that group that just graduated. If there’s no dropoff, this might be the year that Timpson breaks the Region 3 drought. But Beckville will be better than last year. It could be their year to take a crack at the Region 4 champ. 

Beckville WILL be better? Or can be? Again… losing Ryan Harris who was essentially offense and defense MVP. I’d love for them to be better, that would be awesome. I’m just skeptical after losing such a huge, dominant force from the QB position of all

I know nothing about the move ins, but would love for someone to tell more about them! 

25 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Beckville WILL be better? Or can be? Again… losing Ryan Harris who was essentially offense and defense MVP. I’d love for them to be better, that would be awesome. I’m just skeptical after losing such a huge, dominant force from the QB position of all

I know nothing about the move ins, but would love for someone to tell more about them! 

I think they WILL be better, but that’s just my opinion. For starters, Jacoby Williams is a year older, faster and stronger. They bring back the core of the line on both sides of the ball. Harris is a big loss, no doubt. But they have been way more than a one man team for the past two years. That being said, it’s not even July yet. No one really knows how good anyone is going to be. Take my Rams for example. Can we avoid the catastrophic injuries that have plagued us for years? Can we find a passing game to augment our outstanding smash mouth run game? Can we consistently make the explosive plays that were the staple of the 2019 playoff run? If the answer to all of these questions is “yes” we can play with anyone on our schedule. Every team that wants to make a playoff run has questions to answer. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I think they WILL be better, but that’s just my opinion. For starters, Jacoby Williams is a year older, faster and stronger. They bring back the core of the line on both sides of the ball. Harris is a big loss, no doubt. But they have been way more than a one man team for the past two years. That being said, it’s not even July yet. No one really knows how good anyone is going to be. Take my Rams for example. Can we avoid the catastrophic injuries that have plagued us for years? Can we find a passing game to augment our outstanding smash mouth run game? Can we consistently make the explosive plays that were the staple of the 2019 playoff run? If the answer to all of these questions is “yes” we can play with anyone on our schedule. Every team that wants to make a playoff run has questions to answer. 

Fair enough. I’m hopeful Williams will stay healthy and get to display his full potential for the entire season. 

I just feel like Joaquin by design and by nature will always be salty, year in and year out. It’s just a matter of will they be an edition that goes as far as some of their best units have gone. 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I do feel old R.Harris was probably a top tier asset for the Bearcats. He was exceptional on both sides of the pigskin and a great playcaller and could tote the rock. I feel like the only single person who could claim fame as the MVP for BHS would be the lady who used to make the bearcat claw sugar cookies for the booster club back about 2003-08. Them sunavagunz was straight up legit. They turned your lips blue for several hours from icing and she used a doctor's tongue depressor for the handle. Anyone else miss them thangs like me?

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, Doomer said:

I do feel old R.Harris was probably a top tier asset for the Bearcats. He was exceptional on both sides of the pigskin and a great playcaller and could tote the rock. I feel like the only single person who could claim fame as the MVP for BHS would be the lady who used to make the bearcat claw sugar cookies for the booster club back about 2003-08. Them sunavagunz was straight up legit. They turned your lips blue for several hours from icing and she used a doctor's tongue depressor for the handle. Anyone else miss them thangs like me?

I tend to stay away from sugar cookies. But over here in the woods, we have a similar reverence for the old boy that makes the Ram Sauce for the chicken strips. I once saw that big yellow dog from the Raisin Canes posters in line at the Joaquin concession stand. He bit the fellow from San Augustine that tried to take his Ram Sauce. 

• LOL! 2

17 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

A 6'3" QB/LB and a 6'4" WR/DB.....both are good athletes from what I have seen....Beckville should be fun to watch, but time will tell how good

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, Anahuac12 said:

A 6'3" QB/LB and a 6'4" WR/DB.....both are good athletes from what I have seen....Beckville should be fun to watch, but time will tell how good

Nice! Sounds promising! I’d also be curious to know where from.? 

27 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Mike - I think one is former Henderson HC Castles son.  Thought I saw where Castles is the DC in Beckville now.

This is correct. I believe the young man started at MLB for Gladewater last year as a sophomore. 

• Like 3