Big Cats

Stoney

Do Y’all think they are around like they used to be in this area? Cousin’s grandpa had a ranch around Perryville in Wood County. You could find the foot prints down by the creek or hear the screams at night of the panther. My grandpa was opening the gate to a gravel pit one morning, got an weird feeling of being watched and saw a big cat perched in a tree. South Texas outside Fredericksburg on our deer lease, we saw a black cat with a long tail that was bigger than a house cat but smaller than a panther. We had a big black cat cut across the north end zone woods at a football game a couple decades back. What do Y’all think?

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about large black cats or black panthers in East Texas, but I have seen either a mountain Lion or Florida panther twice around Toledo Bend.  I'm sure both of my sightings were the same cat as I saw it in the same general area twice in the same week.  I also saw one years (30+) ago just west of Lufkin.

• Like 1

I’ve seen deer cam pics of a mountain Lion/ cougar/ panther (not black) on a lease at Deadwood. No it wasn’t Doomer’s lease. Several years ago I saw a cat about the size of a full grown lab on the side of a FM road in Huxley. Cat was about the color of a really dark penny. 

• Like 1