Minister claims 'Bible must give way' to same-sex 'marriage'

Monte1076

18 hours ago, ctown81 said:

There were some founding Fathers who were very tolerant of Islam

I can't say they were tolerant of them, but they wanted to make sure that all religions could be practiced in the United States.  Polygamy however is banned in the U.S., and Muslims can't practice it.  It's odd that the Supreme Court would allow same sex marriage, but not polygamy.  I do know the Church of Satan is fighting for the right to practice abortions since that is a tool of Satan.  

16 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I can't say they were tolerant of them, but they wanted to make sure that all religions could be practiced in the United States.  Polygamy however is banned in the U.S., and Muslims can't practice it.  It's odd that the Supreme Court would allow same sex marriage, but not polygamy.  I do know the Church of Satan is fighting for the right to practice abortions since that is a tool of Satan.  

Hard for me to understand why polygamy was banned when it was in bible. Oh well

On 6/17/2022 at 11:15 AM, ctown81 said:

enlightenment thinkers who were not huge fans of Christianity

I wouldn't describe them as enlightened, in fact I would describe them as buffloed or brainwashed ... the misguided ancestors of today’s libtards .....

To get back to this alleged “minister”, he’s an example of many that get mislead by false teachings.  To quote him, “People know so much more now, that The Bible needs to be reinterpreted”.  Talk about a Red Flag.  I hear a minister/priest/preacher say that, I’m running.  And now our towns are being filled with what I refer to as “these Churches of what’s happening now”.  A few decades back you come into a town in East Texas you’d see the Baptist Church, Presbyterian, Catholic, Methodist, etc.  Now you see a multitude of non-denominational Churches.  Many prosperity driven.  I’m confident some are holding the line, but I fear many are leading sheep to the slaughter.  Big difference in telling people what they want to hear as opposed to what they need to hear.

So fellow posters, if you become disillusioned with your Church for some reason, be careful if you go “Church Shopping”.  Many are nothing more than doors to the Devil.  Reinterpret The Bible?  Homosexuality is okay?  What kind of minister is that guy?

23 minutes ago, Hagar said:

To get back to this alleged “minister”, he’s an example of many that get mislead by false teachings.  To quote him, “People know so much more now, that The Bible needs to be reinterpreted”.  Talk about a Red Flag.  I hear a minister/priest/preacher say that, I’m running.  And now our towns are being filled with what I refer to as “these Churches of what’s happening now”.  A few decades back you come into a town in East Texas you’d see the Baptist Church, Presbyterian, Catholic, Methodist, etc.  Now you see a multitude of non-denominational Churches.  Many prosperity driven.  I’m confident some are holding the line, but I fear many are leading sheep to the slaughter.  Big difference in telling people what they want to hear as opposed to what they need to hear.

So fellow posters, if you become disillusioned with your Church for some reason, be careful if you go “Church Shopping”.  Many are nothing more than doors to the Devil.  Reinterpret The Bible?  Homosexuality is okay?  What kind of minister is that guy?

Good analysis ... in addition to a lot of "woke" churches telling people what they want to hear,  many people look for churches with the "best programs" for them and their kids instead of true worship and looking to actually serve ... it's like what can the church do for us instead of how we can serve the Lord ....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I wouldn't describe them as enlightened, in fact I would describe them as buffloed or brainwashed ... the misguided ancestors of today’s libtards .....

Huh? That's literally where the founding fathers got their ideas from? The declaration of independence and constitution is the culmination of their teachings? They influenced the start of the U.S. please explain....

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Huh? That's literally where the founding fathers got their ideas from? The declaration of independence and constitution is the culmination of their teachings? They influenced the start of the U.S. please explain....

Thankfully the anti-Christian malcontents were over ruled in the writing of our Constitution .... America was founded as a Christian nation ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Thankfully the anti-Christian malcontents were over ruled in the writing of our Constitution .... America was founded as a Christian nation ....

They literally voted not to put Jesus Christ in the constitution. 

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

They literally voted not to put Jesus Christ in the constitution. 

Ok, but overall our Constitution supports Christianity  ..... even though anti-Christian liberals like Obama try to deny it ....