Lufkin completed the sweep of district 16-5a last night, they only lost 1 set in district play. beat Nac 3-0

Huntsville defeated Porter 3-2

Kingwood Park defeated Dayton 3-0

Huntsville and Kingwood Park split their 2 district meetings. Huntsville won the coin flip for 2nd.

Porter and Dayton Split their 2 district meetings 

1.Lufkin  (37-13)( 10-0)-District Champs

2.Huntsville (26-19(6-4)

3.Kingwood Park(16-27)(6-4)

4.Porter(12-24)(4-6)

5.Dayton(16-26)(4-6)

6.Nac (5-22)(0-10)-Eliminated

Edited by Nacwagons

Lufkin Lady Pack sweeps Longview three sets to none last night in the Bi-district round. Congrats girls! 

Not sure of how senior heavy the Longview volleyball team is or isn’t, but they have a good group of girls. They don’t make it easy. 

Edited by LufkinPack
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, LufkinPack said:

Lufkin Lady Pack sweeps Longview three sets to none last night in the Bi-district round. Congrats girls! 

Not sure of how senior heavy the Longview volleyball team is or isn’t, but they have a good group of girls. They don’t make it easy. 

Pretty senior heavy, but a lot of the key players were underclassmen. Hopefully we can build off of it. Congrats Pack.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Not a lot of weaknesses on this Lufkin team!! Looking for a long playoff run for them! This group has been stout since they started playing together in the 7th grade. 

Good Luck Pack

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Gotta admit, I have unrealistic expectations of Lobo girls hoops this season. I can't help it. I done drank the Meagan Leggett kool-aid. 

Everything about her is kool aid friendly. I'm right there with you in that I've drank it up and then some.

She's everything that program needs (and what VB/Boys Basketball/etc needs on top of it)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Not a lot of weaknesses on this Lufkin team!! Looking for a long playoff run for them! This group has been stout since they started playing together in the 7th grade. 

Good Luck Pack

Yeah, Leah Flores is building a wonderful V-ball program here. My daughter is currently in the 8th grade group. We have talent at all levels right now. She notched her 300th win last night. Look for our basketball and baseball teams to make deep runs as well. Lots of good going at Lufkin if you look past the Todd Quick football mess 🙄

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Everything about her is kool aid friendly. I'm right there with you in that I've drank it up and then some.

She's everything that program needs (and what VB/Boys Basketball/etc needs on top of it)

Man you are not lying.  My brother and I use to follow the Lady Lobos as close as I do the football team. We missed 1 or 2 of the games when she was a senior. One heck of a ball player.  We got a steal with her as a coach.

I honestly don't expect to see anything spectacular win wise in her first 1-2 years but program wise you can already see the changes.

Edited by kingwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Yeah, Leah Flores is building a wonderful V-ball program here. My daughter is currently in the 8th grade group. We have talent at all levels right now. She notched her 300th win last night. Look for our basketball and baseball teams to make deep runs as well. Lots of good going at Lufkin if you look past the Todd Quick football mess 🙄

Yeah, Nac is just now starting to recover from having 8 girls leave the district between their 7th grade and freshman year.  and go to Central Heights. We played them last year and the entire Central Heights roster lived in the neighborhoods behind Nac HS. This moves decimated the Junior and Senior Class this year, It was a huge loss for the program. Stephanie Bradford is building the program from scratch and has a lot of freshmen/8th and 7th grade talent if we can keep them in Nac. Moving to 1 middle school program will also help the girls play under the same coaches coming up. 

LP was fun to watch the few times I watched them play this year. 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Yeah, Nac is just now starting to recover from having 8 girls leave the district between their 7th grade and freshman year.  and go to Central Heights. We played them last year and the entire Central Heights roster lived in the neighborhoods behind Nac HS. This moves decimated the Junior and Senior Class this year, It was a huge loss for the program. Stephanie Bradford is building the program from scratch and has a lot of freshmen/8th and 7th grade talent if we can keep them in Nac. Moving to 1 middle school program will also help the girls play under the same coaches coming up. 

LP was fun to watch the few times I watched them play this year. 

Yeah, I hate that. Nac middle school teams gave our middle school teams fits this year. So, y’all have some talented kids coming up if they stay in Nac like you said. Lufkin faces the same issues when it comes to softball. Losing kids to Hudson and Central even though they live in Lufkin ISD. A lot of folks just have a problem with their child attending diverse school districts. Which, each their own I suppose. I live outside of Lufkin ISD, (central) but pay tuition each year so my kids can attend Lufkin lol. 

Edited by LufkinPack

20 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Yeah, I hate that. Nac middle school teams gave our middle school teams fits this year. So, y’all have some talented kids coming up if they stay in Nac like you said. Lufkin faces the same issues when it comes to softball. Losing kids to Hudson and Central even though they live in Lufkin ISD. A lot of folks just have a problem with their child attending diverse school districts. Which, each their own I suppose. I live outside of Lufkin ISD, (central) but pay tuition each year so my kids can attend Lufkin lol. 

Softball is horrible with the amount of talent we lose from little league to 8th grade. Woden, Garrison, martinsville and central heights start recruiting at the little league level. The league is set up to favor the small towns in the area. The board of NYSA is filled with people from the small schools in the area. They are allowed to put their teams together in TBall and keep them together through 8th grade. Kids that live in Nac change teams every two years and anyone that shows skill gets the full court press to join the teams from small schools. I have seen it happen to kids I coached when my daughters were in the league. 

no one from the actual ISDs are involved with the recruitment.

Edited by Nacwagons
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Disappointing end to a rather great season for Lufkin lady pack volleyball. Back to back district championships followed by back to back 2nd round losses. They fall to McKinney North tonight in the area round 3 sets to 1. Lufkin climbed as high as #3 in the rankings. 

Flores has done great things for our V-ball program but she has to schedule some better competition in non district. We played some good tournaments this year, including that showcase tournament of 31 teams. She even mentioned needing to do better in non district herself. This district we are in doesn’t help for the playoffs at all. It is too easy for them. 

1 hour ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

Season opener was a dud!  👎🏻

Hopefully  they can get a split at least opening with powers Troup and Timpson. 

Better than losing to them by 21 like last year lol.

Troup game was canceled. Center tomorrow taking their place.

• Like 1

Who are the favorites on boyz and girlz side?  Have the Longview boys scrimmagesd?  Interested to see if their style will change. Lot of athletes in this district. JT. TX. MP. Not sure wear those guys are for them for football but MP basketball has cats.  Did JT get a new coach?  They’ve been a little like their football team for a couple years. This SHOULD be a very good district year in year oit. 

Edited by EastTexasKnowItAll

Lady Lobos pick up their first win over the season this morning in a 47-13 win over Center. Largest win for Longview since 2019 vs Marshall.

Lobos opened the season with a 68-46 win over Bullard, little payback after falling to the Panthers by 24.

• Like 1

Lady Lobos reverse last season's 36-22 loss to Nacogdoches to knock off the Lady Dragons, 33-21. Already 33% of the way to last season's win total just 3 games in.

Lobos improved to 2-0 with a 61-50 win at Ennis on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Nac. Mens Basketball had a great start to their season!!

(2-0)

Defeated Pine Tree on Tuesday 83-37

Defeated Central Heights Friday 68-36

Nac. plays @ Hallsville tonight and Jacksonville next Tuesday and then starts tournament season. 

Edited by Nacwagons
  • Like 1

Lady Lobos improved to 5-1 on the season yesterday with a 51-29 win over Pleasant Grove and a 61-30 win over Athens.

Competition has been what it is, but considering where this team was the last two years, it's been a remarkable turnaround already. Longview looks to tie their win total from last season today against Center.

• Like 1