Hallsville sweeps Denison with 12-1 win in game 2
Lovejoy sweeps Texas High with a 8-2 win in game 2
Corsicana beat Longview 5-4 to even their series (1-1).  Game 3 is Sat
Whitehouse leads their series (1-0) with Game 2 1PM Sat; 3 if needed

Congrats to Longview Lobo Baseball for wrapping up the Class 5A Area Round playoff series win with this afternoon’s 11-9 Game 3 victory against Corsicana! 

The Lobos advance to play District 15-5A neighbor Hallsville in next week’s regional quarterfinal! #LoboUp

How can you not be romantic about baseball?

15 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Hallsville sweeps Denison with 12-1 win in game 2
Lovejoy sweeps Texas High with a 8-2 win in game 2
Corsicana beat Longview 5-4 to even their series (1-1).  Game 3 is Sat
Whitehouse leads their series (1-0) with Game 2 1PM Sat; 3 if needed

Lobos, leading 4-2, in the top of 7th need just one strike to finish the Tigers off at home before falling apart.

Today in Rockwall, Longview trailed 7-2 in the 3rd before grabbing a 10-7 lead and holding on.

Just an unreal turn around in both games. Thank goodness the Lobos held on for the win. Unreal series, unreal playoff run for a Longview squad that looked dead to rights entering the post season. Just an absolutely dreadful second half of district play, only to turn it on against Porter and Corsicana.

Obviously facing Hallsville will be a completely different animal. An opponent they have struggled against for quite some time now. But as far as building blocks go, making history is a good way to start. Way to go 'bos.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2022 at 6:47 PM, cougar14 said:

I would say we might see y’all in something else but Longview sucks at all the other male sports.

Just to recap...

Lobo football: State Semi-Finalist
Lobo basketball: Regional Quarterfinalist
Lobo soccer: Area Finalist
Lobo baseball: Currently in the Regional Quarterfinals with a 1-0 lead.
Throwing in Volleyball as a Bi-District Finalist, Girls Basketball as an Area Finalist, Girls Soccer as an Area Finalist and Softball winning their first district crown in nearly 20 years.

Cougar football: Bi-District finalist...blow out loss to the Lobos.
Cougar basketball: Losing record, no playoffs.
Cougar soccer: Bi-District Finalist
Cougar baseball: Area finalist

The only sport Crosby had a better season in than Longview this season was getting to the Area round of Softball. And the team that beat us in that...is currently in the Regional Semi Finals as a 4 seed with a 1-0 lead in it.

Just lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

The only sport Crosby had a better season in than Longview this season was getting to the Area round of Softball. And the team that beat us in that...is currently in the Regional Semi Finals as a 4 seed with a 1-0 lead in it.

Just lol.

I1T0VOJ.gif

• LOL! 2

What a game, for those who love baseball. The Lobos had two of my favorite play on defense, more than a double play, more than a strike him out throw him out, and that is throwing out the runner  at third base from the outfield. “I Love That Play.”

I haven’t seen that many people at a high school baseball game in like forever.

Great game Lobos baseball.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Never in a million year would I have ever predicted this run. What an unreal ending for this team. And they still have more to go!!!!

Upset complete!!!

This is one of the grittiest baseball teams I’ve seen in quite some time. Every playofff series so far when they needed someone to make a play they do !! 

Edited by nacdragon07
  • Like 3