Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Lady Lobos improved to 7-1 last night with a 81-28 win over Henderson. They'll play Paris on Thursday at the Winnsboro Hoopfest.

Lobos improved to 5-0 last night with a 84-34 win over New Boston. They'll play Lufkin Hudson before playing Humble on Thursday at the Lufkin Hoopfest.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Class 5A

1. Dallas Kimball (4-1)
2. FB Marshall (4-2)
3. Mansfield Summit (5-1)
4. Lancaster (3-3)
5. Killeen Ellison (4-0)
6. Boerne Champion (7-0)
7. Manvel (6-3)
8. Amarillo (8-1)
9. Birdville (1-3)
10. Lufkin (4-0)
11. Frisco Memorial (5-4)
12. A&M Consolidated (5-2)
13. SA Wagner (6-5)
14. South Oak Cliff (4-2)
15. FW Wyatt (1-3)
16. Flour Bluff (7-2)
17. Lovejoy (4-1)
18. Barbers Hill (5-3)
19. PA Memorial (5-0)
20. Crosby (4-2)
21. Colleyville Heritage (6-1)
22. Midlothian (7-1)
23. Alamo Heights (6-1)
24. Laredo Nixon (4-4)
25. Mt Pleasant (6-0)

Edited by LufkinPack
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2022 at 6:49 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Lady Lobos improved to 7-1 last night with a 81-28 win over Henderson. They'll play Paris on Thursday at the Winnsboro Hoopfest.

Lobos improved to 5-0 last night with a 84-34 win over New Boston. They'll play Lufkin Hudson before playing Humble on Thursday at the Lufkin Hoopfest.

Someone commented that our hoop squads have only been winning because of "playing down" to smaller schools.

Well first, basketball ain't football. Class sizes don't mean the same thing. 

But mostly: these are games Longview's been losing too much of late. To be winning these games means improvement. Obviously the next step is competing and beating other 5As, but still...   progress is progress. Winning matters. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Someone commented that our hoop squads have only been winning because of "playing down" to smaller schools.

Well first, basketball ain't football. Class sizes don't mean the same thing. 

But mostly: these are games Longview's been losing too much of late. To be winning these games means improvement. Obviously the next step is competing and beating other 5As, but still...   progress is progress. Winning matters. 

Longview is playing really good basketball right now. Both boys and girls. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Someone commented that our hoop squads have only been winning because of "playing down" to smaller schools.

Well first, basketball ain't football. Class sizes don't mean the same thing. 

But mostly: these are games Longview's been losing too much of late. To be winning these games means improvement. Obviously the next step is competing and beating other 5As, but still...   progress is progress. Winning matters. 

From a girls stand point, we were literally getting blown out by these schools last season.

Timpson - In 2021, lost by 21!!! This season, lost by 4 after leading the entire game until the final minute.

Nacogdoches - In 2021, lost by 14, first loss to Lady Dragons in 21 years. This season, won by 12.

Pittsburg - In 2021, lost by 30!! This season, won by 2.

Pleasant Grove - In 2021, lost by 17. This season, won by 22.

Regardless of competition, they've made a tremendous turnaround in just a single season. We're not expecting to be state champs or anything, heck I'm not even expecting to be district champs for either side. But competitive is what we've been missing the last two seasons. Fun to see their hard work paying off.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

But competitive is what we've been missing the last two seasons. Fun to see their hard work paying off.

Exactly. That's all we can ask for. 

Obviously *hoping* for greatness, maybe someday...  but with the athletes we have walking the halls at Longview High, there's absolutely no reason to not at least be competitive. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing down???

pshhhh.  Most of the 3A and 4A basketball programs in East Texas are light years better than the 5A programs. 

MP and former 5A Sulphur Springs have been the best in these parts. 

playing down shows people have no idea what they are talking about. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Playing down???

pshhhh.  Most of the 3A and 4A basketball programs in East Texas are light years better than the 5A programs. 

MP and former 5A Sulphur Springs have been the best in these parts. 

playing down shows people have no idea what they are talking about. 

There’s a large portion of East Texas that sees Longview as a large school and just assume we should be dominating everybody in every sport. Makes no sense to me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

There’s a large portion of East Texas that sees Longview as a large school and just assume we should be dominating everybody in every sport. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah, it’s a dumb mindset. Like around here for example, when Lufkin loses a softball, volleyball, or basketball game to one of the smaller schools next to us (like Hudson or central) people flip out and automatically assume we must not be very good. Even though they will be ranked in the top 10 of the 3A and 4A rankings at the time lol… I mean, If you wanna discredit your own program just so you can bash mine, thanks I guess? Lmao. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Playing down???

pshhhh.  Most of the 3A and 4A basketball programs in East Texas are light years better than the 5A programs. 

MP and former 5A Sulphur Springs have been the best in these parts. 

playing down shows people have no idea what they are talking about. 

We have a lot of schools in the area that only play basketball and baseball. Not sure about up North but around Nac and Lufkin that's what we have. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

How did Longview do in that pool game against hudson this morning? I lost my score keeper that was relaying scores to me 

54-33 vs Hudson, 57-44 vs Humble

Edited by LoboFan07
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...