🏈🏈 STATE FINALS EDITION PICKEMS....DEADLINE 10 AM WEDNESDAY 🏈🏈

corrigancamden09

1 hour ago, AledoAlumni said:

Carthage should have lost to Glen Rose. So yeah, I'm picking Wimberly.Β 

Take away that penalty on the throw back pass to the QB TD and the 3 Carthage fumbles in the 2nd half and Carthage blows out GR .... GR should have never been in the game ...

• Thanks 1

LoraineΒ vs.Β BenjaminΒ 

Westbrook vs.Β Abbott

MartΒ vs. AlbanyΒ 

RefugioΒ vs. HawleyΒ 

Poth vs.Β Gunter

FranklinΒ vs. BrockΒ 

CarthageΒ vs. Wimberly

Boerne vs.Β China Spring

PNGΒ vs. South Oak CliffΒ 

College Station vs.Β AledoΒ 

Austin Vandergrift vs.Β DeSoto

Galena Park NorthshoreΒ vs. DuncanvilleΒ 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Take away that penalty on the throw back pass to the QB TD and the 3 Carthage fumbles in the 2nd half and Carthage blows out GR .... GR should have never been in the game ...

They shouldnt have been in the game but they were. Thats why I am picking Wimberly.Β 

• Thumbs Down 1

36 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Never really paid much attention but I see what they mean now bout arrogant fans, I don't see a issue with someone picking against Carthage... GR did expose them just didn't finish

Anyway, Carthage wins by 17+ IMO ✌🏾️

I'm outta likes but I 100% agree. WIth all of it.Β 

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

No, You said theyΒ should have lost to Glen RoseΒ ...

Alright, let me clarify. Glen Rose should have never been in that game per fans on this website. We all hear how great Carthage is and no team in 4A or 5A should beat Carthage. Carthage will just show up and beat everyone. However, Glen Rose did not get the memo, they did not know the rules. At one point very late in the game everything changed, Glen Rose was the favorite to win and should have won. But they didnt. After knowing how Carthage struggled with turnovers and the fact Glen Rose returned the favor, I picked Wimberly to win. I couldnt care less if Carthage wins or loses. However, I do like to pick games (even though I do zero research). Its something fun to do. So all you Carthage fans can take it personal or not, doesnt bother me at all. I'm simply picking games. Took me 6-8 seconds to bold the name for each game.Β 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Alright, let me clarify. Glen Rose should have never been in that game per fans on this website. We all hear how great Carthage is and no team in 4A or 5A should beat Carthage. Carthage will just show up and beat everyone. However, Glen Rose did not get the memo, they did not know the rules. At one point very late in the game everything changed, Glen Rose was the favorite to win and should have won. But they didnt. After knowing how Carthage struggled with turnovers and the fact Glen Rose returned the favor, I picked Wimberly to win. I couldnt care less if Carthage wins or loses. However, I do like to pick games (even though I do zero research). Its something fun to do. So all you Carthage fans can take it personal or not, doesnt bother me at all. I'm simply picking games. Took me 6-8 seconds to bold the name for each game.Β 

I accurately explained why GR was even close .... as great as they played they should have never been close in this game ... even with those 4 "mistakes" by Carthage, they still won .... without those 4 mistakes, Carthage wins by 21 - 28 points ....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Don't explain yourself to these folks, this time of year there's alot of bandwagon fans cause their team's playing round ball, who would've thought picking against a team would ruffle some thin skins on here.... hell I did the same thing on picking the Loraine vs Benjamin CS... and the Westbrook vs Abbott CS, I know nothing bout those teams just wild guesses.... from there to 6A I pay lil more attentionΒ 

24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I accurately explained why GR was even close .... as great as they played they should have never been close in this game ... even with those 4 "mistakes" by Carthage, they still won .... without those 4 mistakes, Carthage wins by 21 - 28 points ....

Ok.Β 

40 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

How many mistakes GR have? I know 1 in particular I'm talking about that was possibly the game changer at the end... point being both squads made "mistakes" and dawgs pulled it out... Call it what you will GR QB was the best player on the field and it almost cost them... great QB's are Carthage's Achilles heel.. Major bowden says hello (probably googling right now)

Edited by BoyzNdaHood

1 hour ago, AledoAlumni said:

You forget I have read your arrogant post on SETX and how you talk smack about the Dawgs over there.Β 
Some Dawgs fans go over board like me.Β 
It dang sure is not arrogance. Under estimating an opponent some times. I greatly under estimated GR but I had no idea the Dawgs would turn the ball four times with 3 of them back to back to back. Your nuts if you think GR was favored to win that game.Β 
Β 

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You forget I have read your arrogant post on SETX and how you talk smack about the Dawgs over there.Β 
It dang sure is not arrogance. Under estimating an opponent some times. I greatly under estimated GR but I had no idea the Dawgs would turn the ball four times with 3 of them back to back to back. Your nuts if you think GR was favored to win that game.Β 
Β 

Quote me then. Post links. Expose my arrogance.Β 

Edited by AledoAlumni

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Β 

I dont think your reading comprehension is up to par. At one point in time, late in the game, Glen Rose was absolutely the favorite to win. The majority of the time I think they close out that game and advance. Once that final fumble happened then it was up in the air. Carthage made they plays they needed to and won. Good for them.Β 

Edited by AledoAlumni

17 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

I dont think your reading comprehension is up to par. At one point in time, late in the game, Glen Rose was absolutely the favorite to win. The majority of the time I think they close out that game and advance. Once that final fumble happened then it was up in the air. Carthage made they plays they needed to and won. Good for them.Β 

Before the fumble it was 35 to 35.Β 
There was no guarantee GR would score again before time ran out and they go to overtime.Β 
Once 22 Dowden entered the game for the Dawgs, GR could not stop the run game of Carthage. He scored the last two touchdowns. He did not enter the game until the last two series for the Dawgs and scored both touchdowns.Β 
I hope the GR QB wins player of the year in 4A DII. I can say he was the best player on the that day.Β 
The Dawgs have had multiple turnovers in all three semi final games at the star but they have won all three.Β 
I hope this week the Dawgs do what they did after all three of those semi final games and win the state championship by 24 points.Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

How many mistakes GR have? I know 1 in particular I'm talking about that was possibly the game changer at the end... point being both squads made "mistakes" and dawgs pulled it out... Call it what you will GR QB was the best player on the field and it almost cost them... great QB's are Carthage's Achilles heel.. Major bowden says hello (probably googling right now)

You are so easy ... you make my points perfectly .... GR played an perfect game really except that one critical fumble late in the game ... Carthage played a far from perfect game, especially in the 2nd half .... they made mistake after mistake and GR capitalized on them .... and hell yes, the GR QB was head and shoulders the best player on the field ... nobody has disputed that .... but pay attention for once, grasshopper ... all that said, GR might have the best player, but Carthage had the best team and coaching staff ... Carthage beats them 8 or 9 out of 10 times because they were the better team ....Β  GR deserves a lot of acclaim for what they accomplished, but great teams find away to win, even when they don't play their best game .... comprende, grasshopper? ....Β 

Β 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

LoraineΒ vs.Β BenjaminΒ 

Westbrook vs.Β Abbott

MartΒ vs. AlbanyΒ 

RefugioΒ vs. HawleyΒ 

Poth vs.Β Gunter

FranklinΒ vs. BrockΒ 

CarthageΒ vs. Wimberly

BoerneΒ vs.Β China Spring

Austin VandergriftΒ vs.Β DeSoto

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 9:17 AM, AledoAlumni said:

Loraine vs.Β BenjaminΒ 

Westbrook vs.Β Abbott

MartΒ vs. AlbanyΒ 

RefugioΒ vs. HawleyΒ 

Poth vs.Β Gunter

FranklinΒ vs. BrockΒ 

CarthageΒ vs. Wimberly

Boerne vs.Β China Spring

Austin Vandergrift vs.Β DeSoto

Not doing so great with my picks. Maybe I should have done a little research. Congrats to all the teams that have won so far(yes, you too Carthage)! Feeling good the rest of the way!

7 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Not doing so great with my picks. Maybe I should have done a little research. Congrats to all the teams that have won so far(yes, you too Carthage)! Feeling good the rest of the way!

I was surprised to see you had picked Wimberley.Β  Just curious as to why you thought that? Did you truly think they were going to win? This was one of, if not Carthage's best team. Possibly 2nd to the 2020 team.Β Β 

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I was surprised to see you had picked Wimberley.Β  Just curious as to why you thought that? Did you truly think they were going to win? This was one of, if not Carthage's best team. Possibly 2nd to the 2020 team.Β Β 

You'd have to go back and read. Already talked about it. Congratulations on the win!Β 

On 12/12/2022 at 12:34 PM, BoyzNdaHood said:

Loraine vs. Β Benjamin

Β 

Westbrook vs. Abbott

Β 

Mart vs. AlbanyΒ 

Β 

Refugio vs. HawleyΒ 

Β 

Poth vs. Gunter

Β 

Franklin vs. Brock