Early picks for 7 on 7 state?

45 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I found out who it is unless he’s lying to me. 😂

QB is the freshman that took over in the playoffs last year after Lewis was injured.  He'll be a sophomore this year.  Bright future.

Longview had a pretty tough draw in the Tyler SQT and still ran the table. Ya gotta figure they're at least a dark horse to take it all. 

Jordan's been throwing the ball well, and the receivers have been coming down with it. If they can keep that going it could be quite interesting. 

13 minutes ago, LOL said:

Longview had a pretty tough draw in the Tyler SQT and still ran the table. Ya gotta figure they're at least a dark horse to take it all. 

Jordan's been throwing the ball well, and the receivers have been coming down with it. If they can keep that going it could be quite interesting. 

And we were without a few in Tyler.

They'll be back for the state tourney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I'd just be happy to get a couple wins, TBH (getting into the contenders bracket).

Anything extra, much like in 2017, is just icing on top.

• Like 1

In D1 I think Longview got a good pool draw, definitely would install them as the favorite...get that top seed and you match up with Pool I In Rd 1 and looking at that pool no one jumps off the page....after that its anyone's guess you get to the Rd of 16 and everyone is really good

New Waverly is one of my D3 sleepers...Daingerfield, Childress, New Waverly, Marlin and Hawley are all teams I really like in the D3 bracket

• Like 1

Just now, MattStepp said:

In D1 I think Longview got a good pool draw, definitely would install them as the favorite...get that top seed and you match up with Pool I In Rd 1 and looking at that pool no one jumps off the page....after that its anyone's guess you get to the Rd of 16 and everyone is really good

New Waverly is one of my D3 sleepers...Daingerfield, Childress, New Waverly, Marlin and Hawley are all teams I really like in the D3 bracket

Would not want to be a D1 school at allllllllll 

1 minute ago, Rowebot said:

Would not want to be a D1 school at allllllllll 

D1 State 7on7 is just always loaded, so many fun pools and so much talent....its just a fun weekend to get a football fix in

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Getting into the championship bracket, and a round 1 win would be way beyond my expectation prior to two weeks ago.

Should be a fun couple of days. No injuries, get some good reps.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Getting into the championship bracket, and a round 1 win would be way beyond my expectation prior to two weeks ago.

Should be a fun couple of days. No injuries, get some good reps.

This is what I am hoping for.  Really will be interested to see how Allen does against tighter coverages and faster game play.  This will be a great test for the faster release and better balls he has been throwing.  If Coronado is pretty good (given the plug in DCTF article), he will be tested right out of the gate.

I can't make it again due to family events but look forward to everyone's feedback on Friday. 

• Like 1