TEXAS HOMETOWN FOOTBALL AAA DIV I PRESEASON TOP 25

THTFUIL

o    Due to realignment, we have two State Champions in Division I and both Franklin and Lorena are in District 11. Also, District 11 includes sixth ranked Little River Academy, twenty-third ranked Cameron and twenty-fifth ranked Rockdale. District 12 has three ranked teams (Columbus, Hallettsville, and Yoakum). Districts 2, 4, 7, 8, and 15 have two ranked teams.

Key: Ranking-Team-Record-Last Game-Number return All-Districts Players-Positions of All-District Player Return-All-State Players Returning-Notes-Player lost

1.        FRANKLIN 16-0 State Champs. 8 all-district players return (MVP/RB/DB, DPOY/LB, DPOY/LB, NCOY/LB/FB, TE, DL, DB, DL) plus six other starters. All State TE Braden Smith, All State RB/DB Dalton Washington, State Game DMVP Coby Smith- Franklin was the AAA Leader In Team Scoring, Points Allowed and Margin of Victory. The lost an All-State RB, DB & LB.

2.        LORENA  14-2 State Champs. They return 10 all-district players (MVP, DNCOY, WR, WR, OL, DB, WR, DB, LB, LB) plus two other starters. ALL STATE & DPOY DE JOE GUTSHALL, JORDON PORTER SOPH. 1265 yards receiving. Lost QB that passed for 3015 yards. Lost MVP-RB, MVP-OL, and 6 all district defensive starters.

3.        BROCK 15-1 Lost to Lorena 35-18 in the Semis. Return 13 all-district players (LOMVP, DNC, FB, OL, OL, DL, DL, LB, DB, DB, DB, DB, DB). All-State QB Tyler Moody- 3096 PASSING. Lost a 2000 rusher and an All-State TE and DE.

4.        MT VERNON 13-1 Lost to Brock 35-28 in the Semis. Return 8 all-district players (MVP, UP, QB, WR, DL, OL, LB, LB) plus four other starters. ALL STATE QB and State Offensive Player of the Year, Braden Bennett, All-State RB Mckinzie McGill. They must replace and All-State WR and four offensive linemen.

5.        MALAKOFF 9-4 Lost to West 14-12 in Region. Return 13 all-district players. (DNCY, WR, WR, OL, OL, DL, LB, DB, WR, WR, OL, DB, DB) plus two other starters. Lost OMVP, DMVP and OLOY. The Tigers must replace a RB and OL/DL that were honorable mention All-State.

6.        LITTLE RIVER ACADEMY 11-2 Lost to Diboll 37-34 in the Region. Return 12 (ONCOY/QB, WR, OL, DB, LB, LB, RB, RB, OL, OL, DB, DL). Six all-district players were sophomores. Scout Brazeal 1396 yards receiving. Mus replace two first team and two second team all-district players.

7.        COLUMBUS 10-3 Lost to Lorena 62-13 in the Region. Return 20 position that earned all-district (OMVP, DMVP, NCOY, RB, WR, OL, OL, OL, OL, DL, DL, LB, LB, DB, RB, WR, TE, TE, DL, LB, DB, DB). They must replace eight All District players. All State OT Oscar Ramirez

8.        EDNA 10-3 Lost to Lago Vista 33-29 in the Region. Returns 11 all-district players (DMVP, OPY, DNCY, RB, OL, OL, LB, DB, DB, DL, DB) Must replace five all district players. JOSH Muncrief WR All-State, 77 Otis Santellana   6’3” 330 Lbs. All-State Hon. Men. DL.

9.        WHITESBORO 9-4 Loat to Brock 49-14 in Quarters. Return 9 all-district players (DMVP, QB, OL, DL, DL, LB, OL, DB, P) and one honorable mention. All State LB Sterling Gartin.

10.     WEST  13-1 Lost to Mt Vernon 24-13 in Quarters. Return 8 all-district players (OLY, DNCOY, RB, OL, QB, DB, WR, UT) plus three other starters. All State OT Cash Fuller, All State DB Easton Patton. Must replace four starters on offense and seven on defense.

11.     DIBOLL 10-4 Lost to Lorena 63-28 in the Quarters. Return 11 all-district players (OL, WR, TE, OL, WR, DL, LB, LB, DB, DL, DB). All State DB Zack Phipps

12.     JIM NED 12-1 Lost to Brock 70-25 in Region. Returns 12 all-district players (DMVP, DNCY, RB, TE, WR, DL, LB, DB, DL, LB, DB, DB).

13.     BUSHLAND 8-2 Lost to Whitesboro 41-21 in Area. Returns fourteen all-district players (TE, OL, WR, DL, DL, LB, DB, RB, OL, WR, DL, DL, LB, DB).

14.     LONDON 10-1 Lost to Lago Vista 34-0 in Bi District. Return 15 all-district players (DNCOY/DB, QB, RB, OL, FB, WR, WR, LB, LB, DB, UTIL, WR, OL, DL, DB).

15.     SAN DIEGO 11-3 Lost to Industrial 38-6 in Region. Return 12 all-district players (MVP/WR, ONCOY/OL, LB, QB, TE, OL, LB, OL, OL, OL, LB, DB). All-State Kick returner – Hector Gaza III, 5-9, 170, jr., Pablo Vega, 5-10, 290, soph. Hector Gaza III, 5-9, 170, jr.

16.     LLANO 8-3 Lost to San Diego 35-27 in Area. Returns 21 all-district players (DMVP, NCY, QB, RB, RB/P, WR, WR, C, OL, OL, DL, LB, LB, DB, DB, ST, WR, WR, TE, OL, DL, DB).

17.     ANAHUAC 9-3 Lost to Columbus 42-34 in Area. Return 9 all-district players (OMVP, OLY, QB, OL, LB, DE, LB, DB, ST). ALL-STATE FB LANDON CORBITT.

18.     HALLETTSVILLE 9-3 Lost to Diboll 14-0 in Area. Returns 11 all district players (RB, OL, LB, LB, DB, WR, WR, WR, DB, DB).

19.     GLADEWATER 9-3 Lost to Mt Vernon 40-14 in Region. Returns 9 all-district players. (RB, WR, TE, LB, ST, OL, OL, TE, DB).

20.     YOAKUM  7-4 (Lost to LR Academy 28-22 (OT) in Bi District. Return 8 all-district players (OMVP, LOY, WR, OL, OL, DL, DL, LB). JACOBY JONES YOAKUM 1846 RUSHING JR OMVP

21.     SHALLOWATER 10-2 Lost to Whitesboro 50-25 Region. Return 11 all district players (UT, NCY, WR, OL, RB, OL, OL, LB, DL, DB, DE).

22.     GROESBECK 8-3 Lost to Whitney 14-0 in Bi District. Return 11all-district players. (OMVP, DLOY, WR, OL, DB, RB, RB, OL, DL, LB, DB).

23.     CAMERON 4-7 Lost to Hallettsville 42-38 in Bi District. Returns 6 all district players (WR, OL, DB, DB, LB, DL).

24.     GRANDVIEW 9-3 Lost to Gladewater 49-21 in Area. Returns 8 all-district player (OMVP, ONCY, LB, DB, LB, OL, TE, RB).

25.     ROCKDALE 5-6 Lost to Columbus 42-21 in Bi District. Return 5 all-district players (OL, LB, QB, DB, DL). Rockdale returns young talent and gains young talent from the sub-varsity teams.

FRANKLIN-LORENA.webp

• Like 2

Guest Tiger03lb

Koff has a rb in Tennison or should be him starting. He was sharing the carries towards the end of the season when he was moved up to varsity. More concerned at the qb spot, which I'm assuming the JV qb will be taking over as a soph, which Tennison is as well. There's a few spots to replace on the o line but not a huge deal. 

Defense just have to replace 2 lbs and corner. Watkins had switched out the dl line thoughout last season. DC Watkins seems to find a good mlb when he needs one every year. He has done a good job on the front seven each year. 

Just an update for you

19 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Koff has a rb in Tennison or should be him starting. He was sharing the carries towards the end of the season when he was moved up to varsity. More concerned at the qb spot, which I'm assuming the JV qb will be taking over as a soph, which Tennison is as well. There's a few spots to replace on the o line but not a huge deal. 

Defense just have to replace 2 lbs and corner. Watkins had switched out the dl line thoughout last season. DC Watkins seems to find a good mlb when he needs one every year. He has done a good job on the front seven each year. 

Just an update for you

Thanks, I think the big sophomore QB will be fine. Driskell has developed a number of very good QB’s in the past. The young RB reminds me of Hart. As sophomore he was a little light in the britches and matured into speed and power. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, THTFUIL said:

Thanks, I think the big sophomore QB will be fine. Driskell has developed a number of very good QB’s in the past. The young RB reminds me of Hart. As sophomore he was a little light in the britches and matured into speed and power. 

Yep. If you didn't know, I believe he is the younger brother of Nathan Jones. Yes you are correct, Driskell has developed some good qbs in the past. 

Tennison will be scary good if he continues like he is by the time he'll be a senior. Our sophomore class has some good kids.

Just now, BlackShirtD said:

BUT inherited a QB and O lineman that will mix in well with the speed that is there.   

Are you close to that program?  They may have picked up a good Qb and OL but they lost a lot more than that. The Qb last year was a solid dual threat. The losses at the skills positions can’t be overlooked. They also lost a dominant force on their DL. I’m not saying they won’t be solid but I think it will need to be a see it before you believe it type of thing. 

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, GWBears01 said:

Are you close to that program?  They may have picked up a good Qb and OL but they lost a lot more than that. The Qb last year was a solid dual threat. The losses at the skills positions can’t be overlooked. They also lost a dominant force on their DL. I’m not saying they won’t be solid but I think it will need to be a see it before you believe it type of thing. 

They still got the other dl and some other pieces to work with. 

12 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m not really “close” to the program but I’m very familiar with the offense they will be running and it has zero to do with a “dual” threat QB.   Tatum will not be in the spread.   Go watch some Waskom hudl and watch the machine roll.    The QB is a leader and decision maker that matters a lot in the O.    

4 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I’m not really “close” to the program but I’m very familiar with the offense they will be running and it has zero to do with a “dual” threat QB.   Tatum will not be in the spread.   Go watch some Waskom hudl and watch the machine roll.    The QB is a leader and decision maker that matters a lot in the O.    

Oh I totally agree. All I’m saying is that the cupboard wasn’t bare last season. The seniors were a strong class for Tatum. I’m not saying they won’t have a good season but for me personally it will be a wait and see.