Pittsburg VS Mount Pleasant Week 1

ETX33

Pittsburg VS Mount Pleasant Week 1   

38 members have voted

1. 1. I know its a little early but what's every one pick for Pittsburg VS Mount Pleasant Week 1

• Pittsburg
    • Mount Pleasant

This poll is closed to new votes

On 7/20/2022 at 9:21 PM, BlackShirtD said:

PG

Gilmer

Pitt/LE winner 3rd and the loser 4th

SH

NL

You are underestimating SH.  They had LE beat with under 3 mins to play in 2021 and gave the game away.  We will be improved in 2022.  Will have a SR heavy team with many having 2 years of varsity experience already.  Won’t be at the Gilmer/PG level.  But we can play with Pitt/LE.  Question is will we?

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You are underestimating SH.  They had LE beat with under 3 mins to play in 2021 and gave the game away.  We will be improved in 2022.  Will have a SR heavy team with many having 2 years of varsity experience already.  Won’t be at the Gilmer/PG level.  But we can play with Pitt/LE.  Question is will we?

I agree that SH will be better, But until they knock off a Pitt or an LE they will still be bottom feeders.   To win you have to play 4 full quarters, not 3 Qtrs and 8 min.  

Lose/Lose for Mount Pleasant. Win and its the equivalent of a D-1 FBS school beating a D-I FCS school. Lose and your a Sportcenter Top 10 Moment. 

With that said, Mount Pleasant at home will be too much for the Pirates. Close game. Mount Pleasant by 10. 

10 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I agree that SH will be better, But until they knock off a Pitt or an LE they will still be bottom feeders.   To win you have to play 4 full quarters, not 3 Qtrs and 8 min.  

True story.  That’s where culture and knowing how to win come into play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 7:02 PM, tomlandry said:

Lose/Lose for Mount Pleasant. Win and its the equivalent of a D-1 FBS school beating a D-I FCS school. Lose and your a Sportcenter Top 10 Moment. 

With that said, Mount Pleasant at home will be too much for the Pirates. Close game. Mount Pleasant by 10. 

That is a bit of a stretch lol. MP losing this game would not even be a huge upset...or even an upset at all really. 

48 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

That is a bit of a stretch lol. MP losing this game would not even be a huge upset...or even an upset at all really. 

Exactly.  I’m not sure MP can stop Pitt consistently in game one.  Pitt will stop MP enough times to get the W.  Close game decided by 8 points or less.  Pitt goes home 1-0 and hosts the Panola County Dawgs in week two.  May not be so fortunate in week two.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think that this game dictates either team's later season success. Pitt has had one year of the slot-t and got better and better each week last year. They did graduate a lot from what I hear, but they will get stronger as the season goes and they have a couple really good young RBs. Great coaching staff, tough offense to stop and players getting tougher = building throughout the season IMO.

MP has a new coaching staff. I've seen many positives so far. Trick is to keep that heading in the right direction when learning curves and growing pains get tough. If we can keep the ship's attitude as positive as it is now, we could build and get better and better and make some noise!

Both teams play in very tough districts. Pitt has shown they'll compete. If MP follows suit, ET football will be fun again for years to come here on 271!

My prediction is MP 28   Pitt 21. Probably just because I'm a homer. I hope for a good competitive game where both teams stay healthy and get better. I have no doubt that both coaching staffs will find ways to get better from this one. These are the two best staffs in our area! It should be an electric atmosphere and a great way to kick off the 22' season!!

#Family

#LetsGoooooo

#Step1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPGold said:

I do not think that this game dictates either team's later season success. Pitt has had one year of the slot-t and got better and better each week last year. They did graduate a lot from what I hear, but they will get stronger as the season goes and they have a couple really good young RBs. Great coaching staff, tough offense to stop and players getting tougher = building throughout the season IMO.

MP has a new coaching staff. I've seen many positives so far. Trick is to keep that heading in the right direction when learning curves and growing pains get tough. If we can keep the ship's attitude as positive as it is now, we could build and get better and better and make some noise!

Both teams play in very tough districts. Pitt has shown they'll compete. If MP follows suit, ET football will be fun again for years to come here on 271!

My prediction is MP 28   Pitt 21. Probably just because I'm a homer. I hope for a good competitive game where both teams stay healthy and get better. I have no doubt that both coaching staffs will find ways to get better from this one. These are the two best staffs in our area! It should be an electric atmosphere and a great way to kick off the 22' season!!

#Family

#LetsGoooooo

#Step1

As a Pittsburg fan I really don't think that this will be a close game. Pitt is very young, mostly sophomores but talented.  I watched the Mt Pleasant scrimmage with P G and they are better right now than  the Pirates. The pirates will be ready for district with some experience by that time and with their coaching staff getting them better. I see a possible 35 to 7 type of outcome for the tigers. 

23 hours ago, bulldog1068 said:

As a Pittsburg fan I really don't think that this will be a close game. Pitt is very young, mostly sophomores but talented.  I watched the Mt Pleasant scrimmage with P G and they are better right now than  the Pirates. The pirates will be ready for district with some experience by that time and with their coaching staff getting them better. I see a possible 35 to 7 type of outcome for the tigers. 

I hope you are right, lol.  I just know your kids will play hard and be coached well.

So, we will see. Either way, good luck after next Friday ;)