It’s Happening Fellas!!!

Stoney

The report also states that “nearly 120 institutions, athletic conferences and bowl games” have “conceptually approved participation,” so far. This thing is already in the works for EA Sports.

EA’s aim is to release a stand-alone college football game in July of 2023, allowing for the two-year game development window necessary for collecting game assets and developing game play to meet the current market demands for a unique college football game while following NCAA guidelines.”

They also added, “the game development is in full swing.”

EA is a shell of what they used to be. They've run so many other franchises into the ground with their microtransactions and "UItimate Teams". I'm assuming that'll be the focus of this game as well. (I say that- they're very successful and those who pour money into their microtransaction games seem to love it, so.... great for them, it's just not for me). 

Even before their NCAA game stopped, it had gone so far downhill. Their "new" games were literally roster updates with a slightly new feature (their big talking point was "3D grass" one of those years). They used the same engine year to year, claimed changes were made, but really very few were. They lost class action lawsuits for selling the same game while claiming it was a new one. 

I'd love this game to be a big hit and would love to sink hours into it like I did back in the early-mid 00s, but I just can't see it happening. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

EA is a shell of what they used to be. They've run so many other franchises into the ground with their microtransactions and "UItimate Teams". I'm assuming that'll be the focus of this game as well. (I say that- they're very successful and those who pour money into their microtransaction games seem to love it, so.... great for them, it's just not for me). 

Even before their NCAA game stopped, it had gone so far downhill. Their "new" games were literally roster updates with a slightly new feature (their big talking point was "3D grass" one of those years). They used the same engine year to year, claimed changes were made, but really very few were. They lost class action lawsuits for selling the same game while claiming it was a new one. 

I'd love this game to be a big hit and would love to sink hours into it like I did back in the early-mid 00s, but I just can't see it happening. 

Agree. 03-07 were the best years. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I find it hard to be optimistic that EA won’t screw this up. 

Madden has been terrible for a decade with really no new major improvements unless you want to dump money into it for the silly card game nonsense. 

Sadly, that’s what gives them a steady income stream all year. And sadly enough gamers have accepted that as the way forward. 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:56 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

It will be micro-transaction based.  That is literally almost any game these days.  If they have a solid core franchise mode, it will be a winner.

the recruiting has to be better than the 💩 drafting stuff in Madden

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 10:56 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

I still play NCAA14 till' this day.

I have no complaints with the game. Was it as good as 2000s NCAAs? Probably not...but it was still a good game. TeamBuilder was a crazy good concept before they stopped making the college games. I ended up creating Longview teams from '96-2013 using TeamBuilder. 2017-2018 too. 

Unfortunately, majority of the teams were lost when TeamBuilder was officially deactivated a few years ago. 

But yeah, NCAA14 was way better than any Madden game the past decade. 

Rather 2K takeover the College Basketball games though. 

55 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I have no complaints with the game. Was it as good as 2000s NCAAs? Probably not...but it was still a good game. TeamBuilder was a crazy good concept before they stopped making the college games. I ended up creating Longview teams from '96-2013 using TeamBuilder. 2017-2018 too. 

Unfortunately, majority of the teams were lost when TeamBuilder was officially deactivated a few years ago. 

I'm literally in the middle of an Arkansas dynasty on NCAA Football 2006 😁

• LOL! 1

20 hours ago, ANTI said:

My best friend uses a mod of NCAA 14 and plays that. It has current teams/rosters but uses the engine for NCAA 2014. It's about as good as you can hope for, sadly. 

On 6/29/2022 at 5:54 PM, ANTI said:

EA just posted the big update for Madden 23… it’s the same game as 22… and I only played 22 bc i think it’s on my Xbox game pass.