𝐀𝐀𝐀 𝐃𝐒𝐯. 𝐈𝐈 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐨𝐩 πŸπŸ“

THTFUIL

On 6/17/2022 at 1:24 PM, THEHARDWAY said:

Tell me you don’t watch small school football without telling me you don’t watch small school football…….

I kid, but dang. It will be fun to watch this season shake out, and I’ll leave it at that. I would also be willing to wager just a tiny bit that we don’t end up at 14.

I agree. Y’all have enough to be in the mix.Β 

On 6/17/2022 at 1:56 PM, lionpride08 said:

Poth played Shiner as close as Timpson did. They bring back a good group as does Tidehaven. Don't sleep on them.

no amount of convincing will get me to say a region 4 team not namedΒ  east bernard 3 weeks into a season belongs in a top 10 talk ever......

44 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

no amount of convincing will get me to say a region 4 team not namedΒ  east bernard 3 weeks into a season belongs in a top 10 talk ever......

East Bernard is way down and will be for a couple years. They will make playoffs. We were a region 4 team last two seasons. Did we not belong in the top 10

41 minutes ago, HeatTested said:

Insane to me that New Waverly didn’t even scrape the top 25. They’ll give Newton a game for the district championship this year in week 10.

iTLL be closer but Newton returned a lot of dudes

16 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

iTLL be closer but Newton returned a lot of dudes

So did NW, the biggest issue last year was numbers. New Waverly reloaded and will be suiting out more dudes on Friday this year. Newton’s secondary couldn’t run with their receivers when they were fresh.

5 minutes ago, blueflu said:

Good, now Gunter has a quote.

They should be number 1. There are questions though. Graham left big shoes to fill. So did Lemons. Hard to replicate 3 years varsity in the pistol option. Dodd looks good, but is he mobile enough to run the offense?Β 
Β 

Kind of a weird year. All of the top teams have some questions/holes to fill.Β 

7 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

They should be number 1. There are questions though. Graham left big shoes to fill. So did Lemons. Hard to replicate 3 years varsity in the pistol option. Dodd looks good, but is he mobile enough to run the offense?Β 
Β 

Kind of a weird year. All of the top teams have some questions/holes to fill.Β 

You hit the nail on the head.Β  Graham and Lemons were great players.Β  Graham was at the helm as a sophomore for the 2019 state champs though, so it can be done.

Dodd has lots of experience in the offense though not much at the varsity level.Β  If Graham had gone down I'm sure Dodd would have become QB1.Β  Ivy Hellman can certainly play the position too but is valuable on defense and all of the back, wing and slot positions.Β  Sloan and Bennett will get most of the time at running back (Sloan will be anywhere) but in this offense the ball will be spread around.Β  Watch out for Colin Peacock - as a freshman he edged out Sloan in the 200 meters and is good size and strength.Β  Β Cannon Lemberg will try to fill the hole at receiver - good sized kid with speed and great hands.Β  Caught several long balls and 50-50 balls last year and is bigger.

As always #1 will be determined in December .Β  i believe our first goal will be to stay healthy (like all the teams) and compete with a tough non-district schedule.Β  Get better and be in the conversation at the end.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 11:39 AM, lionpride08 said:

Not true Buffalo was really good the 2020 season and so was Rogers. Buffalo could have played with pretty much anyone in region 3 that season.

Buffalo and Rogers were both really strong in 2020....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Buffalo and Rogers were both really strong in 2020....

matthew mathew mathew...... listen..... really strong yes dont disagree.... but buffalo and franklin are really region three/two teams no buisness being in the weak region four..... rogers? come on of course they are going to have fun with the coast/vaelly teams.... appreciate you really never being biased..... but i am biased........................... enough for the both of us......................

8 hours ago, Rowebot said:

matthew mathew mathew...... listen..... really strong yes dont disagree.... but buffalo and franklin are really region three/two teams no buisness being in the weak region four..... rogers? come on of course they are going to have fun with the coast/vaelly teams.... appreciate you really never being biased..... but i am biased........................... enough for the both of us......................

Rogers was salty in 2020..... they played Buffalo close both times they played

8 hours ago, Rowebot said:

Instead of saying Region IV just say South Texas, traditional ideas of "regions" are out the window...we have San Antonio teams in Region III now, Golden Triangle teams in Region II, West Texas teams in Region IV etc