Tyler High @ Marshall Week 1

cujoforlife

Old rivalry renewed  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Idk if this will be a good measuring stick for Cujo first and only scrimmage.

Idk if it will be competitive but I think you guys are very fortunate to be practicing against a team that runs a form of wing T. 

2 hours ago, mav01 said:

Idk if it will be competitive but I think you guys are very fortunate to be practicing against a team that runs a form of wing T. 

True. Terrell isn't a particularly strong team at all, but it is good practice against that style of offense. Now Terrell has new OC as well. 

On 8/2/2022 at 5:49 PM, Mavchamp said:

Man, I love all of the improvements Marshall has gotten over the past 15 years, but those stands could use a $10000 powerwash or something.  It looks like the concrete is about to start growing hair.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Man, I love all of the improvements Marshall has gotten over the past 15 years, but those stands could use a $10000 powerwash or something.  It looks like the concrete is about to start growing hair.

It’s a never ending ongoing discussion on the Maverick message board. 

That….and bleacher replacement.  Both are sorely needed. 

22 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Not to talk about the announcers of the broadcast but anything that doesn’t go Marshall way. It is always the referees fault.

That’s just about every broadcast of every team on every radio station every Friday night. 😂😂😂

27 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Not to talk about the announcers of the broadcast but anything that doesn’t go Marshall way. It is always the referees fault.

You obviously have never listened to Gilmer play by play...

Some great people.  But most definitely homers for the teams they were calling.  It’s one of the joys of hometown radio.  No need to be unbiased. 

@Matt for Jax.  @RandyJohnson for PT.  The Hallsville guys are absolutely hysterical. Chase and his crew for Marshall.

Not really familiar with the MP and Nac crews…. But I’m sure it’s more of the same.  Wonder what will happen with WH since Bryan Houston is headed to Longview. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Some great people.  But most definitely homers for the teams they were calling.  It’s one of the joys of hometown radio.  No need to be unbiased. 

@Matt for Jax.  @RandyJohnson for PT.  The Hallsville guys are absolutely hysterical. Chase and his crew for Marshall.

Not really familiar with the MP and Nac crews…. But I’m sure it’s more of the same.  Wonder what will happen with WH since Bryan Houston is headed to Longview. 

Ahhh... appreciate the "shout out" on some perceived "homerism" there Mavchamp !

I'll take it in the complimentary manner that you've extended ! 😉

More to come in 2022 ! LOL !

R.J.

• Thanks 1

This game will be interesting….this is the 3rd yr under Griedl’s strength and conditioning regimen?? If so, this for me would be able to see the payoff for the Mavs this season.  Combine that with the new offense (as long as Alvarez doesn’t get cute) is a recipe for a solid first game.  

i do have my doubts on the Mavs being able to overcome the Lions skill positions.   If Tyler has a QB this should be a 10-20 point win for Tyler.  If not, then Marshall should be able to keep it to 7-10 points.

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

This game will be interesting….this is the 3rd yr under Griedl’s strength and conditioning regimen?? If so, this for me would be able to see the payoff for the Mavs this season.  Combine that with the new offense (as long as Alvarez doesn’t get cute) is a recipe for a solid first game.  

i do have my doubts on the Mavs being able to overcome the Lions skill positions.   If Tyler has a QB this should be a 10-20 point win for Tyler.  If not, then Marshall should be able to keep it to 7-10 points.

I’ve heard our guys are in great shape. Worked their tails off over the summer in the weight room. Hasn’t really been an issue for us the last few years thanks to Griedl’s staff… and the new s&c guy has continued that.

I agree that if the offense doesn’t come out flat…. And just plays smart (no turnovers, move the ball)…. This could be a close game. 

No doubt Tyler has a numbers advantage. They are a Div I school…. Probably 500-600 more students.

No fear of playing bigger schools though. We swept McKinney North and split with New Caney the last two seasons.   And of course the Annual Slaughter.

Hoping it’s a good competitive game.  Would be ecstatic for an upset.  

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I am use to the unbiased radio play by play. KTBB calls it right down the middle for the most part.

1 minute ago, cujoforlife said:

I am use to the unbiased radio play by play. KTBB calls it right down the middle for the most part.

Are you old enough to remember Smoaky calling REL games on KTBB?  Most definitely not unbiased.  The fact that he was so into REL winning is what made him great. 

And back in the day….. when KEZY was doing JT’s games…. Also not unbiased.  In fact… their booth guys loved the term “pisspoor” when they disagreed with an official’s call.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Are you old enough to remember Smoaky calling REL games on KTBB?  Most definitely not unbiased.  The fact that he was so into REL winning is what made him great. 

And back in the day….. when KEZY was doing JT’s games…. Also not unbiased.  In fact… their booth guys loved the term “pisspoor” when they disagreed with an official’s call.

I am 39 so yes I am. I don’t remember the guys back in the day that called for JT. I never listened to smoaky when it came rel. only when he did JT games which wasn’t very often.

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

The closer we get, the more I'm realizing that this is the most intriguing Week 1 ETX matchup. 

I'm still liking Tyler by about 14 but, the power of coaching could definitely swing this thing. I'm hearing that the kids in Marshall are willing to run through a 🧱 wall for Alvarez. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ANTI said:

The closer we get, the more I'm realizing that this is the most intriguing Week 1 ETX matchup. 

I'm still liking Tyler by about 14 but, the power of coaching could definitely swing this thing. I'm hearing that the kids in Marshall are willing to run through a 🧱 wall for Alvarez. 

I would say Gilmer vs Chapel Hill is the most intriguing match up for week one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VonG said:

I'm sure he was saying that coming from a bigger school perspective. Overall, yes Gilmer CH is one of most intriguing games in the state. 

9 hours ago, VonG said:

+1  I think Chapel Hill wins tho...this gm is prob close 2nd throughout Etx. College Station/Lovejoy should be a good one. Soc/Duncanville week 1 at at&t