Kilgore @ Carthage Week One

HJR7

Kilgore @ Carthage|Week 1 | 8-26  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Carthage
    • Kilgore

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

LT has 12 offers……

Keystone Allison, 6-4, 272

1.  Arkansas State

2. Colorado State

3. Louisiana Tech

4. North Texas 

5. Sam Houston

6. SMU

7. Tulane

8. UNLV

9. UTSA

10. Alcorn State

11.  Houston Baptist

12. Northwestern State 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I can’t remember the last time any team scored 34 points on a Dawg D, I don’t believe will happen this week either. 

It’s ok C&C.  You have a built in excuse.  Replacing 9 on D.  Giving up 34 points is ok as long as you score 35 or more, which I think the C Dawgs will.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

What will be Carthage’s strengths this year? And please don’t say everything. Give us a break. An honest evaluation please. 

Receiving corps will be the strongest area. Returning are 2 starting WRs & the starting TE. One of these WRs has committed to Oregon State. The other is an All-District kick returner (and an All-State baseball player). The TE has scholarship offers already. Added to this group is a 6-3, 200 lbs. move-in WR who will be a junior and already has an offer from UTSA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

What will be Carthage’s strengths this year? And please don’t say everything. Give us a break. An honest evaluation please. 

Well if you ask CowboyandChrist everyone is bigger, better and stronger...🤷‍♂️

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

Well if you ask CowboyandChrist everyone is bigger, better and stronger...🤷‍♂️

As they should be from one year to the next. 
Carthage is Carthage, stop the run they will pass, stop the pass they will run. 
or they will do both and be successful. 
when you have that many starters returning, you should be bigger, stronger, more experienced, and better. 
The defense appears to be very fast to the ball. May take a few games but Preston is the best D coach and will have the C Dawg D tuned and hitting on all cylinders by the time district gets here. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

As they should be from one year to the next. 
Carthage is Carthage, stop the run they will pass, stop the pass they will run. 
or they will do both and be successful. 
when you have that many starters returning, you should be bigger, stronger, more experienced, and better. 
The defense appears to be very fast to the ball. May take a few games but Preston is the best D coach and will have the C Dawg D tuned and hitting on all cylinders by the time district gets here. 

Keyword "should "....but I know it's Carthage and they reload, they don't rebuild...I'm just saying being it's early and your defense has a lot of question marks and "shouldn't" be playing their best ball early,  especially in the first game...if they struggle and allow a team like Kilgore to establish itself, Carthage will be in trouble...a high powered offense is no good on the sidelines and Kilgore is good enough to win...granted it's early and Kilgore will make mistakes too...I just think this game is way closer than some may think...I'm just glad we get to play a good team like Carthage in a game...this can only make us better win or lose

• Like 3