Kilgore @ Carthage Week One

HJR7

Kilgore @ Carthage|Week 1 | 8-26  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Carthage
    • Kilgore

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

As they should be from one year to the next. 
Carthage is Carthage, stop the run they will pass, stop the pass they will run. 
or they will do both and be successful. 
when you have that many starters returning, you should be bigger, stronger, more experienced, and better. 
The defense appears to be very fast to the ball. May take a few games but Preston is the best D coach and will have the C Dawg D tuned and hitting on all cylinders by the time district gets here. 

Is the championship already locked up pretty much? 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, kdogs00 said:

Keyword "should "....but I know it's Carthage and they reload, they don't rebuild...I'm just saying being it's early and your defense has a lot of question marks and "shouldn't" be playing their best ball early,  especially in the first game...if they struggle and allow a team like Kilgore to establish itself, Carthage will be in trouble...a high powered offense is no good on the sidelines and Kilgore is good enough to win...granted it's early and Kilgore will make mistakes too...I just think this game is way closer than some may think...I'm just glad we get to play a good team like Carthage in a game...this can only make us better win or lose

Kilgore is always tough and will be a challenge for Carthage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

IDK I was just curious to whether it should be called. I know the ol' adage that "there's holding every play."

I figure that’s one that will get called sometimes and not get called other times. Depending on the official, impact on the play, etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Who has Kilgore scrimmaged? What were the results?

Does Kilgore throw the ball more now than they did under Coach Wood?

From what I have heard on scrimmages...we outscored Center 5-2 in controlled...no live qtrs...then scrimmage Pleasant Grove. Don't know how controlled portion went but heard in 3 live qtrs Kilgore scored once and Pleasant Grove didn't score...???....heard both teams looked really good and it was a very competitive scrimmage 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Kilgore returns starting QB who threw for over 2200 yds last year with 22 passing td's...so, yes we sling it around 

1 hour ago, BevBrownJr said:

The Kilgore record for most passing yards in a season are

#1 - 2021 Wood's last year

#2 - 2022 Fuller's first year

I'm not going to say anything as far as players go, and most are picking Carthage which is understandable.  But, if Carthage sleeps on Kilgore it won't turn out in their favor. I still like Kilgore in an upset.. but I'm 100% behind the KDOGS.

10 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

I'm not going to say anything as far as players go, and most are picking Carthage which is understandable.  But, if Carthage sleeps on Kilgore it won't turn out in their favor. I still like Kilgore in an upset.. but I'm 100% behind the KDOGS.

When have you ever seen a Surratt team sleep on any opponent. 
I can assure he is telling his team that Kilgore can and will beat you if you are not prepared and you don’t give 100 percent on every play. 
C Dawgs by 10 and Kilgore has a week secondary add 10 more. 

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I can assure he is telling his team that Kilgore can and will beat you if you are not prepared and you don’t give 100 percent on every play. 

Info above on the scrimmage against Center was incorrect. Kilgore struggled to cover Center WRs and QB speed. 

3 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Info above on the scrimmage against Center was incorrect. Kilgore struggled to cover Center WRs and QB speed. 

I was told by someone who went it was 5-2...soo what is false about it..??...and if false then what was the outcome??...and if Kilgore struggled to cover then that means Center must of scored a lot of points..??

13 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I guess go ahead and add 10...according to 89Falcon yall fixing to have a field day...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

When did Kilgore last beat Carthage in Carthage? Was it when Carthage was still playing in Martin Stadium?

I know Mike Vallery was 10-1 in his coaching career vs Carthage...only loss was in 2009 (29-17 @ Carthage)....I don't know when Carthage started playing games at their current stadium, but from my knowledge since 2009 I cant remember a time Kilgore has won at Carthage