Kilgore @ Carthage Week One

HJR7

Kilgore @ Carthage|Week 1 | 8-26  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Carthage
    • Kilgore

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 12:30 AM

Carthage needs a marked improvement in run and pass blocking from the OL and in the rushing attack this season.

Cuff needs to keep his feet underneath him on his throws in order to be more accurate, especially on 20+ yard passes.

The defense will take time to get up to speed and may give up some yards and points early on.

The Bulldogs have the #1 preseason ranking and teams like Kilgore will force Carthage to earn it.

I believe our Bulldogs can and will earn it by seasons end.

🐾🐾

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage needs a marked improvement in run and pass blocking from the OL and in the rushing attack this season.

Cuff needs to keep his feet underneath him on his throws in order to be more accurate, especially on 20+ yard passes.

The defense will take time to get up to speed and may give up some yards and points early on.

The Bulldogs have the #1 preseason ranking and teams like Kilgore will force Carthage to earn it.

I believe our Bulldogs can and will earn it by seasons end.

🐾🐾

The report I got on the scrimmage with LE. 
Cuff looks 10 times better than last year. 
All his throws were on the money. He is much more athletic with very quick feet. The new receiver is super fast with great hands. Hatten caught every ball he touched. O line was much improved on both run blocking and pass protection. 
Both running backs are bigger and ran hard. 
Defense was big and fast to the ball. 
Preston will have them fine tuned and rolling by district. 
Word from my guy, the Dawgs stayed in the weight room and they look like. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

All his throws were on the money. He is much more athletic with very quick feet. The new receiver is super fast with great hands. Hatten caught every ball he touched. O line was much improved on both run blocking and pass protection. 

I thought you were “the guy” C&C?

• LOL! 1

By my count Surratt is 6-4 against Kilgore since coming to Carthage.  The big win was obviously the state game, but Carthage has won the last four I believe.  The games are usually close and entertaining though.  I expect this to be the same.  Hard to predict the first game of the season with all the unknowns.

I think it will be a very good game and come down to the fourth quarter.  Picking the Carthage Dawgs at home.

• Like 4

I think most fans from both teams would be surprised and disappointed if this was not a great game. I think it will be. I could see it going either way, but I am hoping to see all the things I didn’t see last from Carthage, which if they are present, can very likely work up to another Carthage state championship at the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Your guy see Atlanta play last year, since he says the RBs are bigger ?

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Don’t know if he watched Atlanta or not. What has that got to do with anything I said. Both running backs started last year. Was told they were bigger and stronger looking to him. 

I figure the starting RB for Carthage tomorrow night played for Atlanta last year…….but maybe he doesn’t start. 

5 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The only thing left to do is for Kilgore to give them boys a reality check sounds like they are perfect in practice. Tell Cuff to wear his dancing shoes tomorrow night gonna have to make him two step to Achy breaky heart

11 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

The only thing left to do is for Kilgore to give them boys a reality check sounds like they are perfect in practice. Tell Cuff to wear his dancing shoes tomorrow night gonna have to make him two step to Achy breaky heart

I’ll be keeping a close eye on this one for tomorrow night. 

14 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

All the good players for the freshman and jv Kilgore teams are up on varsity.

Wouldn't say that. Kilgore freshman barely practice, and the offensive line needs work. The freshman team isn't a main focus. It would be JV and Varsity, it definitely shows.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Wouldn't say that. Kilgore freshman barely practice, and the offensive line needs work. The freshman team isn't a main focus. It would be JV and Varsity, it definitely shows.

A lot of the good freshman players were either moved up to JV or varsity. That freshman team was left out pretty much 

10 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

If Kilgore can stay healthy this year they are going to be more dangerous and better than last year's team. Everyone but Van Zandt will probably be playing a little both ways Kilgore will have talent all over the field. I'm pretty excited to get this season kicked off I usually don't get excited before game 1. But with what we have back from last year and the guys that weren't considered starters they saw significant playing time. Plus the young guys coming up they have definitely been eating their vegetables and cornbread over the summer they have grown tremendously. Win or lose great measuring stick anyways 

Kilgore will be good but that’s why I like Carthage in this one. They don’t play both ways. Probably will be a good game in the first half and Carthage will pull away in the second half. 

7 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Kilgore will be good but that’s why I like Carthage in this one. They don’t play both ways. Probably will be a good game in the first half and Carthage will pull away in the second half. 

Not everyone will play both ways just mainly the skill players mostly 

Carthage has a lot to prove this year. Yeah we return all those guys on offense blah blah blah. It’s the same offense that spit and sputtered all season long last year while they relied on the legs of the defense. And this year we don’t have that same defense.

but overall Cuff has to perform to win tomorrow night. And maybe show more confidence with his throws bc last year he didn’t have it.

According to the Panola Watchman, Carthage’s top two running backs last year, both of whom are seniors this year, will both be playing on the other side of the ball this year. There will be two new running backs this year. Presumably, one of them is the kid who moved in from Atlanta.