Kilgore @ Carthage Week One

HJR7

Kilgore @ Carthage|Week 1 | 8-26  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Carthage
    • Kilgore

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 12:30 AM

9 hours ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

That’s not very wise.

Right? Freshman football is a huge developmental stepping stone. Obviously for every program you take more or less Freshman to varsity depending on your needs and players returning, but for the Freshman team to be an afterthought? That’s suspect.

10 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

How many on side kicks will Carthage attempt +-2 they like to try a few seems like everytime they play Kilgore 

IDK, but I'm sure they will be sky kicking to try and get someone nervous to drop the ball.

2 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

How many on side kicks will Carthage attempt +-2 they like to try a few seems like everytime they play Kilgore 

2020 Carthage wins 27-7

2019 Carthage wins 48-41

2018 Carthage wins 48-23

2017 Carthage wins 50-20

You are acting like Kilgore hasn't lost 4 straight.  Carthage won 3 of those EASILY.  And won State 3 of those years.  While I'm not keeping count of "onside kicks", tell me where an onside kick would even have been needed to stomp Kilgore during any of those games outside of 2019??? Are you perhaps confusing a sky kick with an onside kick? They are two different things.  Onside is with a goal of recovery.  Sky kicks are used to try and cut down on big kick returns.  

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

Carthage has a lot to prove this year. Yeah we return all those guys on offense blah blah blah. It’s the same offense that spit and sputtered all season long last year while they relied on the legs of the defense. And this year we don’t have that same defense.

but overall Cuff has to perform to win tomorrow night. And maybe show more confidence with his throws bc last year he didn’t have it.

Cuffs a different qb this year

55 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

2020 Carthage wins 27-7

2019 Carthage wins 48-41

2018 Carthage wins 48-23

2017 Carthage wins 50-20

You are acting like Kilgore hasn't lost 4 straight.  Carthage won 3 of those EASILY.  And won State 3 of those years.  While I'm not keeping count of "onside kicks", tell me where an onside kick would even have been needed to stomp Kilgore during any of those games outside of 2019??? Are you perhaps confusing a sky kick with an onside kick? They are two different things.  Onside is with a goal of recovery.  Sky kicks are used to try and cut down on big kick returns.  

You are way off from what I said the onside comment had nothing to do with the score. I was saying Carthage would always try an onside kick even if they were up by half a hundred. More power to them if they elect to try it the whole game then go ahead I don't care. All I was saying I wonder how many kicks they will try.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, TrumpisDump said:

The game will be won in the trenches. Both teams have athletes out in space. If Kilgore doesn't make big mistakes and control the ball they should have a chance. If they end up 2-0 for the first two games, they might be looking at state and a rematch with CH in the Quarterfinals. 

Who is Kilgore’s opponent in their next game?

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

You are way off from what I said the onside comment had nothing to do with the score. I was saying Carthage would always try an onside kick even if they were up by half a hundred. More power to them if they elect to try it the whole game then go ahead I don't care. All I was saying I wonder how many kicks they will try.

I see. Fair enough, putting my pitchfork down.  Ready for some football.  I do believe this will be a game more like 2019, except maybe not quite as high scoring.  Should be great for all. 

24 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I see. Fair enough, putting my pitchfork down.  Ready for some football.  I do believe this will be a game more like 2019, except maybe not quite as high scoring.  Should be great for all. 

No hard feelings here I can see how someone could read it like that how you commented on it. But yeah I'm ready for some HS football again 

8 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Right? Freshman football is a huge developmental stepping stone. Obviously for every program you take more or less Freshman to varsity depending on your needs and players returning, but for the Freshman team to be an afterthought? That’s suspect.

100% you have to have some form of foundation