Kilgore @ Carthage Week One

HJR7

Kilgore @ Carthage|Week 1 | 8-26  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

• Carthage
    • Kilgore

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2022 at 12:30 AM

42 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

With a 45-10 final, I have no idea how that would make you feel any better or be worth pointing out, but… cool story? I guess? 

I literally said great job Carthage...all I pointed out was Kilgore made a ton of mistakes and Carthage did exactly what a good team should do..."capitalize"...I never once said that's the only reason yall won..... but I do believe the game was a few plays away from being a closer score then you think...yes Carthage defense did a fantastic job against Kilgore...but in the end penalties, interceptions (50/50 or not) all contributed to Kilgore defense being on the field too much...also being 1st game..hot...and playing a team like Carthage

5 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I literally said great job Carthage...all I pointed out was Kilgore made a ton of mistakes and Carthage did exactly what a good team should do..."capitalize"...I never once said that's the only reason yall won..... but I do believe the game was a few plays away from being a closer score then you think...yes Carthage defense did a fantastic job against Kilgore...but in the end penalties, interceptions (50/50 or not) all contributed to Kilgore defense being on the field too much...also being 1st game..hot...and playing a team like Carthage

Y’all have a good team and will be just fine on both sides of the ball come district and playoffs.

Hope you and all Kilgore fans make it home safe.

53 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You have to give Carthage DB’s the nod on both INT’s.  They were 50/50 balls and the DB’s had excellent coverage and made the plays.  The onside kick was a result of the 15 yard unsportsmanlike from the XP in Kilgore.  Self- inflicted.  And Kilgore only had 70 yards in penalties.  Kilgore had no answer on D for the Carthage O.  It was a dominant win period.

All I was saying is the game easily could have gone into half 14-0...potentially 14-7 with Kilgore receiving ball at half...it collapsed on Kilgore in a matter of 3-4 min which led to 28-0 halftime lead...but yes, Carthage took advantage of what opportunities Kilgore gave them...like a good team should

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Y’all have a good team and will be just fine on both sides of the ball come district and playoffs.

Hope you and all Kilgore fans make it home safe.

As well as Carthage...it's all good just first game frustration...I guess as long as we get better and learn from our mistakes...which I know we will

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

As well as Carthage...it's all good just first game frustration...I guess as long as we get better and learn from our mistakes...which I know we will

Yep, this game doesn’t hurt Kilgore in the least bit. 

Tons of football yet to be played.

I saw some encouraging signs on both sides of the ball for Carthage tonight. 
Hopefully our running game continues to improve, but for the most part I was pleased with the rushing attack.

I was definitely happy with our QB play.

Carthage didn't really do anything special (and thats not knocking the offense at all) It was a Keep it simple stupid method.  And, it work to perfection against Kilgore. Kilgore CBs were playing off the ball and Carthage just short pass and YAC. Good job Carthage. Kilgore will be fine, and prepare for Gilmer.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Impressive win.  Offense looked balanced and well into mid-season form.  Defense was MUCH better than expected.  Scary thing is they are only going to get better.  😳

Supposed to have another defensive lineman in the next week or so that might start or at least be a rotation guy. 

With the defensive formation that Kilgore stayed in, Carthage could have had 400 yards passing to the slot receiver, if Little Belichick has chosen to do so……..the slot flare towards the sideline was simple “throw and catch” for 7+ yards every play they wanted 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

That was all very exciting to see after so much trepidation from last years offense. Cuff and the Passing game were 1000% better than last year. Run game much improved! Defense surprised the heck out of me. I won’t be comfortable until I see Carthage do it a few more weeks, but we shall see! 

I tried to tell some of y’all on here that the transfer from Atlanta was good - lots of family history of real good athletes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

With the defensive formation that Kilgore stayed in, Carthage could have had 400 yards passing to the slot receiver, if Little Belichick has chosen to do so……..the slot flare towards the sideline was simple “throw and catch” for 7+ yards every play they wanted 

Didn't understand why Kilgore didn't adjust early to that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Impressive win.  Offense looked balanced and well into mid-season form.  Defense was MUCH better than expected.  Scary thing is they are only going to get better.  😳

I knew Carthage was going to have to field a lot of new faces on defense, but I had no idea three of the starters would be sophomores. And both new starters on the O-line are also sophomores.  Yes, they’re only going to get better.

The conventional thought is that a team shows its most improvement from the season opener until the second game. If that’s true for this year’s Carthage team…poor Pittsburg.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Belichick needs Brady.  Surratt just plugs in a new qb and keeps on….

maybe Belichick needs to be called little Surratt 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Really thought this game would be closer.   Thought Kilgore would score a few more. Big win to open for Carthage.   Congrats 

Have to agree. While I leaned slightly towards Carthage, I thought Kilgore would hang. District of doom was district of disaster last night. We all sucked except Athens. WOW! 

35 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Sorry, Palestine too. They won. Congrats to both! 

Don’t let that score fool people either. It really wasn’t close. Nac shouldn’t even have been on the same field as Palestine last night. Palestine dominated, just let them hang around after half..