White Oak LHP/OF commits to Texas Tech

snuffy

Soon to be a senior at White Oak Gavyn Jones has committed to Texas Tech. Roughnecks on a roll producing D1 players with Elijah Trest currently chasing a National title at Arkansas and Heath Hood at Louisiana Lafayette.  A Roughneck has won a Juco D3 title with Hood at Tyler JC. A Roughneck has won a Juco D1 title with Justin Thomas at Navarro College. Got a D1 National Runner up finish with Todd Smith at Oklahoma State back in 1990 now have a shot at a D1 title with Trest at Arkansas...small town, big things!

19 minutes ago, snuffy said:

Had medical redshirt with Tommy John surgery in 90 so not listed there but was a scholarship player for sure

Interesting

I looked at all the rosters from 1986-92....no Todd Smith.  Maybe he was a practice squad player, walk on, manager, etc?

Anyway, that's a nice looking card.  Not trying to ruffle any feathers.  Just peaked my interest.

My only year there was 90 after first 2 years at Panola JC. Transfered to Southwest Texas State in 91 but never the same after TJ.  Happy for this generation though.  Lots of success with that surgery now

• Like 1

6 hours ago, snuffy said:

My only year there was 90 after first 2 years at Panola JC. Transfered to Southwest Texas State in 91 but never the same after TJ.  Happy for this generation though.  Lots of success with that surgery now

oops, sorry, I just now caught that you were referring to yourself.  I didn't gather that from the first 2 posts.  Injuries suck for sure.  My apologies if it looked like I was calling you for embellishing your career.  Not my intentions at all.