Man works for 27 years at Burger King without missing a day. So his reward is.....

BlahBlah

Not that he was "owed" anything.  But companies really should show more respect.  My grandpa was born in 1913.  Spent 4 years at Pearl Harbor.  Came home from the war and worked until he retired at Quaker Oats.  They never gave him anything big, but they did show respect.  They sponsored a small party/get together every year around Christmas for the retirees.  Gave them free cereal, cookies, oatmeal, gatorades, etc....   Products that the company owned.  Didn't cost them anything but it meant a lot to the old guys/gals that spent their life making the company what it was.  Respect doesn't cost much.

Burger king could have spent$2k flying this guy in and taken him to a nice dinner.  Make a small campaign about it and show good will toward employees and customers if they felt like it.   Or just treat people decent. 

5 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Not that he was "owed" anything.  But companies really should show more respect.  My grandpa was born in 1913.  Spent 4 years at Pearl Harbor.  Came home from the war and worked until he retired at Quaker Oats.  They never gave him anything big, but they did show respect.  They sponsored a small party/get together every year around Christmas for the retirees.  Gave them free cereal, cookies, oatmeal, gatorades, etc....   Products that the company owned.  Didn't cost them anything but it meant a lot to the old guys/gals that spent their life making the company what it was.  Respect doesn't cost much.

Burger king could have spent$2k flying this guy in and taken him to a nice dinner.  Make a small campaign about it and show good will toward employees and customers if they felt like it.   Or just treat people decent. 

Why not spend 4k and send him to Hawaii??? Or how about spending 30k for a new car??? Or spend 300k for a new house???? That would be a decent show of respect…right???? Maybe congress should pass a law that when someone meets a certain threshold of years of employment they get a bar of gold….that would be decent….

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Why not spend 4k and send him to Hawaii??? Or how about spending 30k for a new car??? Or spend 300k for a new house???? That would be a decent show of respect…right???? Maybe congress should pass a law that when someone meets a certain threshold of years of employment they get a bar of gold….that would be decent….

I didn't say they have to do anything.  I said it would be nice if they showed the man some respect.  He did something that I bet nobody else did for that company.  Never missed a day in 27 years.  I was raised that when someone goes above and beyond for me, I try and do the same for them.  Maybe you were raised different.   Burger King sucks anyway, so not surprised they didn't do what I would consider the right thing.

21 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

So a human with a mental handicap works for 27 consecutive years,  never misses a single payday,  never has a late payday, apparently earns enough money to live, and yet someone still has a problem with CAPITALISM!?! 

Who has a problem with CAPITALISM....besides Enjoy Life?  

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

I didn't say they have to do anything.  I said it would be nice if they showed the man some respect.  He did something that I bet nobody else did for that company.  Never missed a day in 27 years.  I was raised that when someone goes above and beyond for me, I try and do the same for them.  Maybe you were raised different.   Burger King sucks anyway, so not surprised they didn't do what I would consider the right thing.

Showing up everyday for work is what he was PAID to do.....nothing above and beyond at all.......

4 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Showing up everyday for work is what he was PAID to do.....nothing above and beyond at all.......

It isn't what EVERYONE does.  Very few do that.  That is above and beyond the norm.  Mediocre folk don't understand 🤣

25 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Everyone who voted for Biden,  Pp, Barry, jett,, etc

Barry doesn't even post on this part of the site anymore. I don't think he was permabanned, I just think he doesn't post anymore on this part of the site.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Barry doesn't even post on this part of the site anymore. I don't think he was permabanned, I just think he doesn't post anymore on this part of the site.

Being wrong day in and day out is very taxing on a fella, I'm sure.

• LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Being wrong day in and day out is very taxing on a fella, I'm sure.

His stereotype of Republicans probably go reinforced.

I tried to "teach the teacher" a few times by pointing out he was doing exactly what he claimed we were doing, but to no avail.

• Like 1

Something I thought about today while at work was this was the guys 27th anniversary.  At least they gave him something.  Usually companies will do something for significant anniversaries such as the 10th, 20th, 25th, and when they finally do retire for good.  I suppose he likes going to the movies with the treats to eat while watching it.  If anyone knows the cost of those "treats" at a theater they were worth almost $30 including the movie ticket.  He could have received nicer bonuses on those anniversaries.  I should have thought of it when I first saw 27th Anniversary which is just like any other workday for most employees at any company.  

On 6/22/2022 at 9:56 PM, BlahBlah said:

He gets a 5 dollar bag of candy, and a Starbuck's cup.   

i saw this story trending in Twitter today.  If you want to know why people are leaving the work force, or not entering the work force.  Stories like this are it.  Corporations don't care about their employers.  

https://torontosun.com/news/weird/gift-to-burger-king-employee-with-27-years-of-perfect-attendance-could-be-better

BK made 1 billion dollar profit in 2021.   

What the heck are they doing instead?!  Guys who get up and go to work every day want to know...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JBizzle said:

What the heck are they doing instead?!  Guys who get up and go to work every day want to know...

Some are on social media.  Look at onlyfans.com.     If you can find 2,000 followers worldwide, and charge 2 dollars a month listening to you .  That would be 4,000 dollars a month.  Onlyfans.com takes about 10% off the top.  Patreon, YouTube , and others do similar things.  YouTube, one of the first apparently take a huge percentage off the top.  

Plus, you have the larger Baby Boomers retiring the last decade and being replaced by not nearly as large numerically generation.  

17 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Maybe they're trying to become "influencers" or famous YouTubers or something.

I cant even seem to "influence" RF1 on a little political site like Smoaky.

Pretty sure I would have no chance on Tick Tock lol.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I cant even seem to "influence" RF1 on a little political site like Smoaky.

Don't let it bother you......you are just one more in a LONG 2 decade line who have failed at that........see the motto for the Political Forum........it was coined by me and placed there by @cheaptrick77 many years ago........

Political Arena

I'm right... you're wrong... no point in even trying to change my mind...

• LOL! 1

It’s great to work for a company that treats the employees as family, the company I have worked for the last 20 years has that reputation…but really it is not like it used to be…I get a birthday card every year from the CEO… got a cheap watch for 15 years….the main thing is the job I have has provided for me and my family to live well…and that is all I really need…but if y’all whiners want to start a go fund me for moi…please do

On 6/27/2022 at 3:26 PM, EnjoyLife said:

I wonder the same thing. Heck, if I could figure it out I would join them.

I moved 75% of my funds to money market between November and January.  Lost very little.  Now I’m waiting on Biden’s forced recession to tank everything even further so I can jump in on some great buys.  I’m eyeballing an early retirement of 55 if I can

• Thanks 1