Roe v. Wade overturned 6 to 3.....

RETIREDFAN1

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Based on my understanding, it's comparatively easy to "Amend" the Texas Constitution. Not nearly as hard as the U.S. Constitution.

2/3 of each house, and a simple majority vote by the people.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.17.htm

And what is wrong with having the people vote, especially in a time when we have the technology to actually have fair elections. Even though some won't agree--but we have pretty good ID laws, and don't use dominion machines. 

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You were doing fine until the last part of your statement  ... The majority of the people in Texas do not support abortion on demand ....

And neither do I. I have referenced somewhere around here, that I would like to see legal abortions up until the heart beat, and any after that would need to either have the mother's health at stake, or that the child has multiple problems that would not allow it to live outside the womb. And that women who have miscarriages can have corrective procedures after that. There are many out there that want to end everything, there is NO middle ground. 

IF those circumstances were met, I would be fine on the abortion issue, and wouldn't even argue anymore. It's just those that have to go too far right or too far left that are the problem. Because as you know, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. 

22 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

And what is wrong with having the people vote, especially in a time when we have the technology to actually have fair elections. Even though some won't agree--but we have pretty good ID laws, and don't use dominion machines. 

Something like that would, as noted, have to pass the Texas House and Texas Senate first. Which means someone would have to introduce it, it would have to get through committee, then be voted on, and pass in, both houses before it appeared on a ballot.

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

And neither do I. I have referenced somewhere around here, that I would like to see legal abortions up until the heart beat, and any after that would need to either have the mother's health at stake, or that the child has multiple problems that would not allow it to live outside the womb. And that women who have miscarriages can have corrective procedures after that. There are many out there that want to end everything, there is NO middle ground. 

IF those circumstances were met, I would be fine on the abortion issue, and wouldn't even argue anymore. It's just those that have to go too far right or too far left that are the problem. Because as you know, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. 

That's still murder and it won't fly. Life begins at conception ... plain and simple  ....

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Vote :rofl:. And some still believe Plugs got 81 mil.

https://www.wnd.com/2022/06/election-results-2022-already-doubted/

8 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I've reconsidered my stance.  I think we should reinstate Roe v. Wade... 🙄

It's not really overturned.  Abortion is still legal in many states.  It's similar to wet and dry counties.  Now states have the right to decide if they want to allow abortions are not.

What amazed me today was watching protesters on television, and every single one of the protesters would have had to be impregnated from a one night stand.  If not, I would hate to see what their boyfriend/lover looked like.  What amazes me the most about the number of abortions each year in America is how many stupid women or men there are that don't know or don't want to use contraceptions that are on the market, and will continue to be on the market.  

8 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Where’s the hate?  Just pointing out that if he keeps taking peoples rights away then his right to be married to who he is could eventually be taken away by his own doing. I’m sure there are several in the Texas GOP who would support that by the way. 

Bunch of other justices made the same decision he did but you choose him to ridicule. What’s different. A racist liberal is par for the course.

• Like 1

Calm down. No one is coming for your abortions. We just want common sense abortion control. Complete background checks, including a mental health evaluation. The person seeking an abortion must be recorded in the National Abortion Registry, accompanied with their payment of a $200 tax stamp, and a mandatory wait-period. Assault abortions after the 1st trimester or when a heartbeat is detected, will be outlawed. Abortion seekers will face a limit on how many abortions they can have, after all, no one needs more than one abortion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 3

9 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

FB_IMG_1656383759276.jpg

Good, we don't want you here anyways. Go live in one of those states that have no problem taking a innocent life because you don't know how to be more responsible in your sex life. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

That's still murder and it won't fly. Life begins at conception ... plain and simple  ....

Not by this Nation's law--and that is what we have to go by--this is not a nation run by a religious fanatic--such as Iran--and to some, which I do not agree with--believe that life doesn't even begin at birth--why we have partial birth and even after birth abortions. Which is WRONG!!!!

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's not really overturned.  Abortion is still legal in many states.  It's similar to wet and dry counties.  Now states have the right to decide if they want to allow abortions are not.

What amazed me today was watching protesters on television, and every single one of the protesters would have had to be impregnated from a one night stand.  If not, I would hate to see what their boyfriend/lover looked like.  What amazes me the most about the number of abortions each year in America is how many stupid women or men there are that don't know or don't want to use contraceptions that are on the market, and will continue to be on the market.  

Now, quick question since you have seemed to bring it up. Since I once survived in a very very very dry county. Would the "neo-conservatives" on here allow each county to decide whether or not to allow abortions. I would think that everyone would want for more "LOCAL" control of what is going on. 

Just now, DannyZuco said:

Now, quick question since you have seemed to bring it up. Since I once survived in a very very very dry county. Would the "neo-conservatives" on here allow each county to decide whether or not to allow abortions. I would think that everyone would want for more "LOCAL" control of what is going on. 

You'd THINK a teacher would understand what the TENTH AMENDMENT means.......guess not......

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You'd THINK a teacher would understand what the TENTH AMENDMENT means.......guess not......

The 10th amendment allows for states to make rules that are not in the Constitution, or prohibited by the Constitution. And since all state constitutions are based on the US Constitution, I would think that a provision like that would be in the state constitution. I mean we have a state that allows for alchol to be sold, yet some counties are dry. That would be the exact same thing as the 10th Amendment. So quit being so naive. SMH. 

I would think that a provision like that would be in the state constitution. I mean we have a state that allows for alchol to be sold, yet some counties are dry. That would be the exact same thing as the 10th Amendment. So quit being so naive. SMH. 

What you THINK is irrelevant.....what the state Constitution SAYS is all that matters........and learn the principle of mutual exclusivity.....you'd THINK a teacher could grasp that concept as well..........

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

What you THINK is irrelevant.....what the state Constitution SAYS is all that matters........and learn the principle of mutual exclusivity.....you'd THINK a teacher could grasp that concept as well..........

Well, we know that you know what is means, because ANYONE that disagrees with you, proves you wrong, gets labeled a "libnut, libtard" or whatever other word FOX has told you to use today. 

Well, we know that you know what is means, because ANYONE that disagrees with you, proves you wrong, gets labeled a "libnut, libtard" or whatever other word FOX has told you to use today. 

Shows YOUR ignorance........I dumped FAUXNEWS over a decade ago..........

4 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

https://www.county.org/About-Texas-Counties

The major responsibilities of Texas county government include:

• Providing public safety and justice
  • Holding elections at every level of government
  • Maintaining Texans’ most important records
  • Building and maintaining roads, bridges and in some cases, county airports
  • Providing emergency management services
  • Providing health and safety services
  • Collecting property taxes for the county and sometimes for other taxing entities
  • Issuing vehicle registration and transfers
  • Registering voters.

It would seem that counties will have the right to decide whether or not they can have abortions, as one of their responsibilites is PROVIDING HEALTH & SAFETY SERVICES. CHECK MATE. 🤣