https://www.county.org/About-Texas-Counties

The major responsibilities of Texas county government include:

• Providing public safety and justice
  • Holding elections at every level of government
  • Maintaining Texans’ most important records
  • Building and maintaining roads, bridges and in some cases, county airports
  • Providing emergency management services
  • Providing health and safety services
  • Collecting property taxes for the county and sometimes for other taxing entities
  • Issuing vehicle registration and transfers
  • Registering voters.

It would seem that counties will have the right to decide whether or not they can have abortions, as one of their responsibilites is PROVIDING HEALTH & SAFETY SERVICES. CHECK MATE. 🤣

THAT ain't the text of the state Constitution so it's irrelevant.........try again, libnut......anyway, committing murder is NOT connected to health services........

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

THAT ain't the text of the state Constitution so it's irrelevant.........try again, libnut......anyway, committing murder is NOT connected to health services........

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.11.htm

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.9.htm

Those would be the articles in which these rights are given. I guess they thought that it was more important to allow counties rights at #9, instead of the federal government's #10. LOL 

13 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.11.htm

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.9.htm

Those would be the articles in which these rights are given. I guess they thought that it was more important to allow counties rights at #9, instead of the federal government's #10. LOL 

Now show me where they are given the right to commit murder.......I'll wait.......

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Now, quick question since you have seemed to bring it up. Since I once survived in a very very very dry county. Would the "neo-conservatives" on here allow each county to decide whether or not to allow abortions. I would think that everyone would want for more "LOCAL" control of what is going on. 

Abortion...alcohol...pretty much the same thing.

46 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

https://www.county.org/About-Texas-Counties

The major responsibilities of Texas county government include:

• Providing public safety and justice
  • Holding elections at every level of government
  • Maintaining Texans’ most important records
  • Building and maintaining roads, bridges and in some cases, county airports
  • Providing emergency management services
  • Providing health and safety services
  • Collecting property taxes for the county and sometimes for other taxing entities
  • Issuing vehicle registration and transfers
  • Registering voters.

It would seem that counties will have the right to decide whether or not they can have abortions, as one of their responsibilites is PROVIDING HEALTH & SAFETY SERVICES. CHECK MATE. 🤣

Abortion is very very very rarely about health. You know that.  In my reading, pretty much every "Health Procedure" that is lumped in with abortion is still legal.  That's much ado about nothing.  Elective abortion is no more about health than breast implants or butt lifts.

• Like 1

The way the republican party continues to show that they absolutely do not care about our women (want to control them) or our youth (won't protect them and also want to kill off public education)....people are getting fed up.

All they're doing is digging themselves into a massive hole. As if the hole they're in isn't already deep enough.

I repeat, there will not be a conservative president again for a long time...and Texas? Sure isn't the solid red state that it once was...thanks to Wheel Chair and little Teddy. 

Y'all are in trouble. 🤣 Keep on showing those true colors though 👌 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, ANTI said:

The way the republican party continues to show that they absolutely do not care about our women (want to control them) or our youth (won't protect them and also want to kill off public education)....people are getting fed up.

All they're doing is digging themselves into a massive hole. As if the hole they're in isn't already deep enough.

I repeat, there will not be a conservative president again for a long time...and Texas? Sure isn't the solid red state that it once was...thanks to Wheel Chair and little Teddy. 

Talk about an out of touch libnut......when people go to the polls, it's going to be the high cost of food, gas, and other necessities that they will be looking at.......only ones who will even THINK about child murder will by you dimnuts, who won't vote GOP anyway.........it's going to be a massacre.........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Nobody is controlling women.  The state will not allow murdering of unborn babies as birth control.  If people had kept abortion as "safe and rare" this would probably have never reared it's head, but the rate at which abortions are occurring for no reason other than someone not wanting to have a kid is ridiculous. 

Let me guess, you think gun laws is the way to protect kids.  Well, it isn't.  Conservatives know that gun laws will not stop mass shootings.  We want to harden schools so that they are not the target of these shootings.  Also, let's figure out why these people are doing this!  Guns have been around forever in this country.  they've only been an issue for the last 20 or so in this way!

IF a conservative president doesn't win next time, we will know it's bull.  Look what the current admin has done to the country.

Our true colors are red, white, and blue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Libnut

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Nobody is controlling women.  The state will not allow murdering of unborn babies as birth control.  If people had kept abortion as "safe and rare" this would probably have never reared it's head, but the rate at which abortions are occurring for no reason other than someone not wanting to have a kid is ridiculous. 

Let me guess, you think gun laws is the way to protect kids.  Well, it isn't.  Conservatives know that gun laws will not stop mass shootings.  We want to harden schools so that they are not the target of these shootings.  Also, let's figure out why these people are doing this!  Guns have been around forever in this country.  they've only been an issue for the last 20 or so in this way!

IF a conservative president doesn't win next time, we will know it's bull.  Look what the current admin has done to the country.

Our true colors are red, white, and blue.

Millions of babies killed…..rare

but 800,000 covid deaths is a catastrophe?  

Liberal spin at its finest

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Not by this Nation's law--and that is what we have to go by--this is not a nation run by a religious fanatic--such as Iran--and to some, which I do not agree with--believe that life doesn't even begin at birth--why we have partial birth and even after birth abortions. Which is WRONG!!!!

I go by GOD'S LAW ...

• Thanks 3

In reality, it’s not about women controlling their bodies. That can be done in numerous ways to prevent fertilization.  This whole bru-ha-ha is about power. About sticking it to the conservatives.  About showing conservatives what they can do & we can lump it.  But wait, now they’ve lost that power. It’s been yanked out of their grasp.   They can no longer sacrifice fetuses/babies at the alter of the DNC.  Did they even care about the lives sacrificed simply for their glory?  Not even one iota.  They have no moral boundaries.  As long as it satisfies their God, the DNC, it’s morally acceptable.  I doubt many conservatives understand it, or ever will. It’s incomprehensible to normal people who put God first in their lives.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I tried making this point to Barry when he posted on here. He didn't get it.

Didn’t want to get it. To admit that means you have to defend it. Impossible to do. 

19 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's not really overturned.  Abortion is still legal in many states.  It's similar to wet and dry counties.  Now states have the right to decide if they want to allow abortions are not.

What amazed me today was watching protesters on television, and every single one of the protesters would have had to be impregnated from a one night stand.  If not, I would hate to see what their boyfriend/lover looked like.  What amazes me the most about the number of abortions each year in America is how many stupid women or men there are that don't know or don't want to use contraceptions that are on the market, and will continue to be on the market.  

I find this comment rather humorous. I’m assuming that you are taking a dig at the look of some of these people. I’ve also noticed where others on here do that as well when they talk about women that they find unattractive. The funny part is that I’ve seen what some of you look like in real life. Y’all would be lucky to score some of the people that y’all mock on here. 

• LOL! 2

15 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Bunch of other justices made the same decision he did but you choose him to ridicule. What’s different. A racist liberal is par for the course.

Thomas was the one who tried to take things further in his concurring opinion. He’s the one that decided to go down that road. Who knows, maybe he’s trying to find a loophole out of his marriage. 

• LOL! 1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5570697/

This recommendation has been adopted by the American Bar Association and American Medical Association,21 and made into law in some form in all 50 states.22 The UDDA simply states: ’An individual who has sustained either (1) irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory functions, or (2) irreversible cessation of all functions of the entire brain, including the brain stem, is dead.

31 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

I find this comment rather humorous. I’m assuming that you are taking a dig at the look of some of these people. I’ve also noticed where others on here do that as well when they talk about women that they find unattractive. The funny part is that I’ve seen what some of you look like in real life. Y’all would be lucky to score some of the people that y’all mock on here. 

He touch a nerve?

• LOL! 1