Roe v. Wade overturned 6 to 3.....

RETIREDFAN1

18 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Retired, they posted the recipe on how to make pipe bombs. They even got some crazy chick who’s started a movement for people to mail their menstrual blood to SCOTUS.

19 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Greenville, SC police not putting up with crap like Portland, Seattle, ect.

I loved the old man being taken down after hollering what she do over and over again, then some acted surprised that they was getting arrested....A good start to the day

Dobbs Decision Leaves Roberts and the Media as Biggest Losers
AMAC ^ | 26 Jun, 2022 | Seamus Brennan

s reactions from Friday’s landmark Supreme Court ruling continue to pour in, it has become evident that many conservatives have yet to realize that the good news resulting from the decision—which overturned Roe v. Wade and ended the nearly 50-year recognition of abortion as a constitutional right—goes far beyond the pro-life movement and protection of the unborn.

As monumental as the Dobbs decision is for unborn children and pro-life activists who have spent decades tirelessly working to overrule Roe and defend the right to life, Dobbs demonstrates that, for the first time in a generation, the Supreme Court is not controlled by justices who are chiefly concerned with their public image and reputation among left-wing journalists and mainstream media operatives. Ultimately, the Alito majority in Dobbs indicates that, despite his wishes, Chief Justice John Roberts’ efforts to alter the post-Roe majority and Taneyize the High Court have fallen flat—and that at long last, media control of American politics could very well be coming to an end.

As we have stated before, Roberts’ longstanding campaign to neglect the plain words of the Constitution and jeopardize the common good in favor of vague concepts like “fluidity in the middle” and sociopolitical “stability” on the Court have posed a unique series of threats to the American constitutional order and institutional legitimacy of the Court. A May 18th article—“Creeping Taneyism at the High Court: Can Roberts Alter Alito?”—compares Roberts to former Chief Justice Roger Taney, who authored the notorious 1857 Dred Scott decision (which held that black Americans were property while barring them from U.S. citizenship) in an attempt to maintain social and political harmony. The article outlines the ways in which Roberts has abandoned his previously stated constitutionalist principles, which were ultimately responsible for elevating him to the Court in 2005. (Others have since picked up on the Taneyist comparison—most notably The Federalist, which compared the pro-abortion Democrats of today to the pro-slavery Democrats of the 19th century, who held that black Americans possess no rights.)

Even more startling, though, is the description of Roberts as a historical example of an era—one that the Dobbs decision shows is at last fading—when the acts of public officials were frequently controlled by how they thought they might be perceived by a handful of newspapers and broadcast networks.....

On 6/25/2022 at 2:51 PM, PepeSilvia said:

1B8D2824-0AB9-4A93-939D-CC4B819EF6BC.jpeg

The problem is only one of these is even remotely funny...

On 6/25/2022 at 3:58 PM, DannyZuco said:

I understand that it is a 10th amendment issue, but Texas already has "standby" laws waiting to enforce as soon as the supreme court ruled. 

And again, when they mandated shots--these same "pro-life" people were quoting "my body my choice". And I agree with your statement--ANY government should NOT be allowed in ANY circumstance to tell ANY one what to do with their body. And I know that many women, especially those very liberal women use abortion as a birth control method, which I think is completely wrong. But there is NO compromise with a "pro-lifer" or a "pro-choicer"--it's either their way or the highway. Which is why we have such political division. 

As for the selective service--I am with you--every US Citizen should have to sign up when they turn 18, he/she, him/her, they, it, whatever pronoun you want to use--all should be signing up. Women want equal rights, then they should be treated with equal rights in that area also. 

In 5-10 years, all the pro-lifers will be whining about their taxes, because so many children will be homeless, in a foster care system, or whatever else. They don't want to lose a life, but they sure don't want to support that life either. That is why so many of them are HYPOCRITES!!!!!

It is "my Body, my Choice"...the fetus is not their body.  It has completely separate DNA.  If you allowed exceptions for rape and incest, rape and incest would increase 2000%...

We already whine about our taxes.  Nothing new there.  I like the argument that these kids will be poor or end up in a foster system, so it's better that we kill them.  Shut the hell up about hypocrites.  We have issues that need to be addressed.  Allowing our unborn to be slaughtered in the womb is not the answer to any issues facing our country.

19 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I've reconsidered my stance.  I think we should reinstate Roe v. Wade... 🙄

• Like 2

What our libtard loons fail to realize is that our Founding Fathers never intended for the federal government to be the arbitrators of everything under the sun and pass unconstitutional laws and decrees not supported by the Constitution  ....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

What our libtard loons fail to realize is that our Founding Fathers never intended for the federal government to be the arbitrators of everything under the sun and pass unconstitutional laws and decrees not supported by the Constitution  ....

Actually said something true, but the federal government has seized more and more power since the McCulloch v Maryland, and Marbury v Madison. And they continue to seize power. 

I agree with the Supreme Court--as I have stated several times now--with their decision to allow states to decide the rights of an abortion. And it should become part of every state constitution, not just a law--because laws can be over ridden, vetoed, or changed in the future. Constitutional amendments are much harder to rid yourself of. 

So it would be very wise of the state of Texas to pass a constitutional amendment to the state constitution--if they can get it passed. 

11 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Actually said something true, but the federal government has seized more and more power since the McCulloch v Maryland, and Marbury v Madison. And they continue to seize power. 

I agree with the Supreme Court--as I have stated several times now--with their decision to allow states to decide the rights of an abortion. And it should become part of every state constitution, not just a law--because laws can be over ridden, vetoed, or changed in the future. Constitutional amendments are much harder to rid yourself of. 

So it would be very wise of the state of Texas to pass a constitutional amendment to the state constitution--if they can get it passed. 

You were doing fine until the last part of your statement  ... The majority of the people in Texas do not support abortion on demand ....

24 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Based on my understanding, it's comparatively easy to "Amend" the Texas Constitution. Not nearly as hard as the U.S. Constitution.

2/3 of each house, and a simple majority vote by the people.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.17.htm

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, Youngcoach123 said:

Keep the hate of A Black SC justice going, it’s the liberal way. 👍

Where’s the hate?  Just pointing out that if he keeps taking peoples rights away then his right to be married to who he is could eventually be taken away by his own doing. I’m sure there are several in the Texas GOP who would support that by the way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Where’s the hate?  Just pointing out that if he keeps taking peoples rights away then his right to be married to who he is could eventually be taken away by his own doing. I’m sure there are several in the Texas GOP who would support that by the way. 

I'm sure you have some EVIDENCE???

53 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Quote em.