Dick’s Sporting Goods Living Up To Their Name

Stoney

I never bought anything from them.  I could always find the same stuff substantially cheaper elsewhere .... I never understood how they ever stayed in business with their business model .... especially now ....

• Like 1

Murdering babies is not health care, your board of directors and the CEO will answer before God for your killing and slaughter of the most innocents in society. I would boycott them but I never went there anyhow 

• Like 2
  • Roll Eyes 1

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I never bought anything from them.  I could always find the same stuff substantially cheaper elsewhere .... I never understood how they ever stayed in business with their business model .... especially now ....

23 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

When they went anti-gun I stopped spending my money there.......

27 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I quit shopping there a couple years ago.  Their prices were always higher. Then they decided to take a stance on gun rights.  It just confirmed my thoughts about them.

I’ve never understood this store. It’s like they cater to the wanna look like an athlete/outdoorsman instead of the real deal. Plus their politics don’t jive with me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think I’ve been in their Shreveport store twice, and couldn’t find what I was looking for. This was when my daughters were playing youth league softball. I naturally browsed their gun and outdoors department.  Academy had a better selection on everything, and their sales people were much more knowledgeable and helpful, whether I was looking at guns, shoes, or grills. My wife likes to shop at a couple of the stores adjacent to the Shreveport location, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than 3 cars in front of it at one time. I don’t see how they’re not losing tons of money. 

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I think I’ve been in their Shreveport store twice, and couldn’t find what I was looking for. This was when my daughters were playing youth league softball. I naturally browsed their gun and outdoors department.  Academy had a better selection on everything, and their sales people were much more knowledgeable and helpful, whether I was looking at guns, shoes, or grills. My wife likes to shop at a couple of the stores adjacent to the Shreveport location, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than 3 cars in front of it at one time. I don’t see how they’re not losing tons of money. 

A friend of mine told me a few years back they sell a lot of team equipment.  They have to be selling to somebody to stay afloat ... I just don’t see it .....

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Why wouldn't you want to go to the higher priced store? I'm sure they pay their employees more because the prices are higher, right? ;)

If they pay their employees more they should expect them to know about the products they sell. When I ask the guy at the gun counter if he has any .270 150 grain ballistic tip, I’m not happy with a blank stare and “oh I don’t know anything about guns. I just work here.” (It was a college kid with a really bad haircut). 

17 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I'm an Academy man!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Murdering babies is not health care, your board of directors and the CEO will answer before God for your killing and slaughter of the most innocents in society. I would boycott them but I never went there anyhow 

Glad you can roll your eyes at murdering babies zuco

• Roll Eyes 1

While I will agree with what they are doing, mainly because so many states are going to go to far stupid right in this area, I have always wondered how that also stayed in business. The closest one to me is in Rockwall, and their prices are almost twice as much as Academy, unless they are having a sale, upon sale items. Which is not very often or when I am in that town. Because Rockwall is the absolute worst town in Texas to get around in. 

But if they want to PO their stockholders by spending that much money to help their employees travel to a different state, then it is their money to do it with. Until the stockholders decide to end that "benefit". 

11 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Why wouldn't you want to go to the higher priced store? I'm sure they pay their employees more because the prices are higher, right? ;)

Those prices gotta go up now that they are paying traveling expenses for their employees to get abortions. It is bad enough watching guys getting paid for 8 hours while taking 2 hours worth of smoke breaks. 

So far right that the average person is left to wonder what kind of world we have, when a rape or incest victim cannot have an abortion. That abortions are not legal up until at least the heart beat. And some states are even trying to stop people from getting "the morning after pill". How far do you want the government in your business that you want to outlaw everything. Some of ya'll should watch the "handmaids tale". This is where the right is headed, while the left is headed to marriage between a skunk and a human. 

• Roll Eyes 1