Merrick Garland Should Be Impeached for His Response to Roe Being Overturned

KirtFalcon

Merrick Garland Should Be Impeached for His Response to Roe Being Overturned

By Bonchie | Jun 24, 2022 4:45 PM ET
918d1ea1-ae51-4026-b30e-a048ce8acf35-860
Michael Reynolds/Pool via AP

The responses to the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade have been coming in hot and heavy. As expected, consternation has flowed from the pro-abortion set, with the media outcry matching the intensity of outrage of Democrat politicians.

But one person you’d hope would react with some levelheadedness would be AG Merrick Garland. After all, he ostensibly heads a DOJ that is supposed to be impartial and focused on the law, not enacting political revenge for the Biden administration.

Yet, that’s the direction things are obviously headed after seeing Garland’s statement. In it, he ignores the role of federal law enforcement, pledging his massive bureaucracy to the whims of the pro-abortion lobby. This may be the most overtly political moment in DOJ history.

“The Justice Department strongly disagrees with the Court’s decision. This decision deals a devastating blow to reproductive freedom in the United States. It will have an immediate and irreversible impact on the lives of people across the country. And it will be greatly disproportionate in its effect – with the greatest burdens felt by people of color and those of limited financial means,” Garland said.

I want to stop there to comment on how racist and insulting Garland’s assertion is. Why will the greatest burden fall on “people of color”? Is the idea that “black and brown” Americans are so stupid and incapable that they need to be able to kill their children, less they fail miserably at life? Because that’s what it sounds like Garland is saying.

Moving on, the AG then pledged to “advance” reproductive freedom, something I’m pretty sure is not within the purview of the DOJ.

“We recognize that traveling to obtain reproductive care may not be feasible in many circumstances. But under bedrock constitutional principles, women who reside in states that have banned access to comprehensive reproductive care must remain free to seek that care in states where it is legal,” Garland said.

“The Justice Department will work tirelessly to protect and advance reproductive freedom,” he continued. “Under the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act, the Department will continue to protect healthcare providers and individuals seeking reproductive health services in states where those services remain legal.”

Here, it appears that Garland is unilaterally declaring that abortion is interstate commerce and thus can’t be regulated by the states. Where does he derive the power to make such a claim? And how does he plan to enforce it?

Lastly, Garland then said something that I believe is impeachable, openly expressing the DOJ’s support for abortion and calling on Congress to “codify” Roe at the federal level.

“The Department strongly supports efforts by Congress to codify Americans’ reproductive rights, which it retains the authority to do. We also support other legislative efforts to ensure access to comprehensive reproductive services,” he said. “And we stand ready to work with other arms of the federal government that seek to use their lawful authorities to protect and preserve access to reproductive care. In particular, the FDA has approved the use of the medication Mifepristone. States may not ban Mifepristone based on disagreement with the FDA’s expert judgment about its safety and efficacy.”The DOJ has been completely outed as a partisan political outfit, reduced by the Biden administration to the role of directly pushing preferred Democrat policies, even those that cost the lives of children. If that’s not a dereliction of duty and violation of oath worthy of removal then nothing is. Garland’s statement is a direct challenge to the constitutional power of the Supreme Court, with it boiling down to a promise to defy Friday’s landmark ruling.

With Republicans on pace to retake the House this fall, one of their first orders of business in the new year should be impeaching Garland. His actions have stepped over the line several times since he’s taken office, but this is by far his worst betrayal of the DOJ yet. It can’t be allowed to stand, if the department is going to maintain any semblance of credibility going forward.

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

America dodged a bullet when the Republicans kept this clown off the Supreme Court  ....

He’s not qualified to be JP in Evadale.  He’s transformed the DOJ into a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party.  Impeached?  I’m thinking incarcerated.  Biden’s cabinet are the modern equivalent of the 3 Stooges.  Can’t say I’ve seen one competent individual on it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hagar said:

He’s not qualified to be JP in Evadale.  He’s transformed the DOJ into a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party.  Impeached?  I’m thinking incarcerated.  Biden’s cabinet are the modern equivalent of the 3 Stooges.  Can’t say I’ve seen one competent individual on it.  

:rofl: and this statement is sooooooo true. His advisors are not doing him any favors.

According to what I have read, it will NOT be the federal government's job to handle "enforcement" of abortion laws. My understanding is that individual states will be making these laws, therefore, the federal government will not be involved, unless of course this gets the democratic party a majority in both houses and they pass a law that allows the national government to make abortions legal, which would then override all state laws. Because as we know, federal law super cedes state law. Or at least is suppose to. :rofl: