USFL Coming Back For Season 2

Football in 100+ degree heat ... no fans in the stands .... it's like a glorified intersquad scrimmage ... wrong time of the year competing with baseball season .... I just don’t see this lasting long term ....

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

They need to move the start of the season to the week after the Super Bowl.

It’s interesting. They are going to either 2 or 4 cities next year. If they make it to season 3 there might be expansion. I think with getting the league set up and running now, that moving the season up would be easy to do. Although having a football championship game 4th of July weekend just feels right.

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

:rofl: .....

Only thing more patriotic would be a drunk, shirtless Kirt shooting off fireworks while singing Lee Greenwood. Kinda like this but less hair, more belly room to get all 50 stars and 13 stripes.C4E7E736-9BF1-428D-ACA8-C071BF135831.png

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Only thing more patriotic would be a drunk, shirtless Kirt shooting off fireworks while singing Lee Greenwood. Kinda like this but less hair, more belly room to get all 50 stars and 13 stripes.C4E7E736-9BF1-428D-ACA8-C071BF135831.png

Less hair for sure,  no belly though ... I do like Lee Greenwood .... not much of a drinker ....

Football in July just ain't right ....

5 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

They need to move the start of the season to the week after the Super Bowl.

That's a good idea. Maybe time things so the championship game falls on Memorial Day. Although playing games in Feb and March could get pretty dicey in Northern markets.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:05 PM, EnjoyLife said:

That's a good idea. Maybe time things so the championship game falls on Memorial Day. Although playing games in Feb and March could get pretty dicey in Northern markets.

They could expand the hub from Birmingham to include Houston and New Orleans if they wanted to move the season start time up.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:21 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I was told awhile ago the XFL plans to open their season right after the Super Bowl... Anyone here heard about that?? 

That sounds right.