Let’s get this crying out of the way

Coach Rab

7 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Smoaky is great, but we don't hear much that is not east TX.  We consider ourselves east texas, compared to Canadian.

We have folks on here from east and central Texas......even have a Canadian poster....

On 6/29/2022 at 2:16 PM, GTAlumnus said:

Smoaky is great, but we don't hear much that is not east TX.  We consider ourselves east texas, compared to Canadian.

Smoaky.com originated as an East Texas forum based out of the Tyler area and focused on Tyler and the surrounding area back when I joined in 03. We didn't pick up any other area until "the" David Smoak moved away from East Texas and he started including central Texas when he arrived at his new hood. 

12 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

@MattStepp

A couple suggestions

1. Dark Mode. The White is awful on the eyes at night. 

2. Copy and paste function. 

Totally agree with the dark mode. Add those two functions and the "gnashing of teeth" will slow down from people.

• Like 1

Now that I understand the reasoning behind having to change the app up and I'm not one of the pitch fork holding mob members lol.....its quite fun to go to the app and read the displeasure that folks are up in arms about. Like, as if they wont fine tune it little by little to make it as solid of an app as the old one.....over time of course. Change isn't welcomed in society.....its a proven fact. But if it's gotta happen, it's gotta happen. Only advice I can give, which will not be taken....and I'm almost certain of that lol. If everybody loved the old app.....which appears to miraculously be the case......trying to make it mimic the old app as closely as possible, within capabilities, might be a good idea. Not often do you create something the entire population unanimously loves to a T......just some food for thought.