Jump to content

Let’s get this crying out of the way


Recommended Posts

or to save yourself a headache do like I do, just hang out here and wait for those folks who do give themselves the headache with the app post the scores here for you anyway with no hassle......:rofl:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I see is a general forum, no game chats.  If that is the way it turns out  it won't be usable for me.  I don't understand why the old one needs to be replaced when everyone likes it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

or to save yourself a headache do like I do, just hang out here and wait for those folks who do give themselves the headache with the app post the scores here for you anyway with no hassle......:rofl:

This right here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Step 1: Try to sign in. Get "Invalid Email"

Step 2: Try to sign up new account with different email address. Get "Invalid Email"

Step 3: Uninstall and wonder why I tried lol.

Same

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

All I see is a general forum, no game chats.  If that is the way it turns out  it won't be usable for me.  I don't understand why the old one needs to be replaced when everyone likes it.

Exactly  ... here we go again trying to improve something that doesn't need fixing ....

Reminds me of Plugs and his Build Back Better slogan ...

  • LOL! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The Texas Football Friday app has been updated.  Download and get used to it.  Report any bugs to the link in the app.

 

@MattStepp

I went to the app and launched it ... looks the same since I'm already logged in .... Do I need to download it again to get the update? ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I went to the app and launched it ... looks the same since I'm already logged in .... Do I need to download it again to get the update? ...

Yea, that's the same thing I did...let us know if it changes when you re-load it please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

If you have issues with the app dont ask me....I'm not tech support. 

Email [email protected]

I installed the update at 7on7 and it works just fine for me....yes it looks new, but on the scoring app the features are the same and IMO does have a cleaner look.

Someone asked why fix it if its not broken? Well we had to do a lot of manual work to prevent it from breaking, its old and the coding isn't compatiable with our site, so loading schedules had to be done manually, which is why it took so long for playoff games to appear last year. 

I personally have asked for the game chats to be removed and I hope they stay gone, they are too hard to moderate and became cesspools of racism, people posting coaches and kids personal information etc...not worth the liability IMO

I like the game chats.  Yes there are idiots on there.  It is a shame that the platform is responsible for content, but that is the way it is right now I guess.

But take away the game chats and you have no discussion about upcoming games, just really have the games and the scores real time (and polls) which is great, but once the games are over there is no place to talk about a particular game and hear both (and other )sides.  Without chat I'll use the app during the games and really not much else.  Nothing new to see til next week.  Maybe you could charge $20 for the magazine (its worth it) and hire some moderators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

I like the game chats.  Yes there are idiots on there.  It is a shame that the platform is responsible for content, but that is the way it is right now I guess.

But take away the game chats and you have no discussion about upcoming games, just really have the games and the scores real time (and polls) which is great, but once the games are over there is no place to talk about a particular game and hear both (and other )sides.  Without chat I'll use the app during the games and really not much else.  Nothing new to see til next week.  Maybe you could charge $20 for the magazine (its worth it) and hire some moderators.

There's 500+ game chats per week...would have to hire quite a few to keep up...and it'd be part time obviously. I proposed we charge for the game chat portion of the app, but that got shot down lol....I know people like the game chats but the amount of complaints we get from coaches & parents, the sick stuff I've seen in there (and thats just what gets reported) and the liability makes it not worth it IMO...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

All I see is a general forum, no game chats.  If that is the way it turns out  it won't be usable for me.  I don't understand why the old one needs to be replaced when everyone likes it.

Screenshot_20220629-053940.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

This right here.

Well, my district and region is west… so you geezers aren’t interested in what I have to keep up with 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MattStepp said:

If you have issues with the app dont ask me....I'm not tech support. 

Email [email protected]

I installed the update at 7on7 and it works just fine for me....yes it looks new, but on the scoring app the features are the same and IMO does have a cleaner look.

Someone asked why fix it if its not broken? Well we had to do a lot of manual work to prevent it from breaking, its old and the coding isn't compatiable with our site, so loading schedules had to be done manually, which is why it took so long for playoff games to appear last year. 

I personally have asked for the game chats to be removed and I hope they stay gone, they are too hard to moderate and became cesspools of racism, people posting coaches and kids personal information etc...not worth the liability IMO

I only tagged you so you could confirm the updated app.  I did specifically tell these guys to use to feature in the app to report bugs and complaints.  Some guys just see “new” and lose it without reading the rest

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I only tagged you so you could confirm the updated app.  I did specifically tell these guys to use to feature in the app to report bugs and complaints.  Some guys just see “new” and lose it without reading the rest

I appreciate it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...