Top 3

bossman1

Since there is not much going on right now, let's take a trip down memory lane and discuss the top 3 games and the top 3 plays that you witnessed of the team that you support.

Games by the Dawgs

1. 2010  Brownwood- Dawgs beat a team that was supposedly unbeatable on the way to a 3peat

2. 2008 Celina - 1st Title and last HS game at Tx stadium

3: 2013- Kilgore- East Tx bragging rights and state title was on the line "Respect the K"...lol

Plays

1. 2008 4th down Stiff arm TD run by Dwight Smith against Celina

2: 2010 70 plus yard TD run by Hunter Holland against all of that world class Dallas Madison speed

3. 2016 - Trey Gatlin ran down a Stafford player after a blocked PAT to secure the 1 pt win  

• Like 1

Game 1. Canadian vs Elysian Fields for state. EF heavily favored with the D1 running back and stud defense. Canadians first year running the tempo spread. Almost switched out of it mid year. Rest is history.

Game 2. Canadian vs Refugio for state. Told we were too slow, not athletic enough. Refugio had people scouting our games mid year. 1st quarter was tight, then we broke it open at the end of the second. Could have hung 100 if our Coach wanted to. Was the best “small school” team I have ever seen. No, I never got to see 83 DF.

Game 3. Canadian vs Franklin for state. First slot t team we had played in 15+ years. Receivers had an off night. Multiple dropped passes right in their hands. That said, credit to Franklins defense. Showed us some looks that we had not seen. Drove down the field with less than a minute left. Found out after the game that our RB (best athlete on our team) was playing on a torn mcl, but did not tell coaching staff. (Believe it was mcl.)

1. Best play. Against refugio. Sayer Cook (y) caught a pass and carried half the refugio defense for 20 yards. Was that game/season in a nutshell.

2. Last offensive play against Franklin. Everything worked as planned. Motion reciever pulled the safety over, hit tight end running up the seam.

3. Yet to be seen.

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

My top 3 for koff

Games

1.) 2018 Brock vs koff in semi finals, roller coaster of a game going back and forth, still by far one of the best hardest hitting games I've seen by koff

2.) 2020 Grandview vs koff in regional semi game, crazy game that was a tale of each halfs for each team and having a crazy ending winning the game by a fg and finally beating a very good GV team after 5 tries. I know it doesn't sound like much but they had a very good team 3 years in a row. 

3.) 2016 Yoe vs koff in regional finals, another game going back and forth and beating them by a fg on a cold rainy night. That Yoe team was predicted to make the finals again.

Plays

1.) 2016 defensive stop at the 1/2 yard line against Teague at the goal line, stopping them from winning the game, can't remember who made the stop but was a great defensive play

2.) 2020 Pass play from Darian Peace to Riggin Smith against Jeffy with double coverage

3.) 2018 Carr with a mid field td run against Atl knocking down everyone in his path