DCTF 3A DI Top 10 Comparison/Thoughts

lionpride08

Guest Tiger03lb
40 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Idk how come Brock is #1.... they bring back 4/5. Lorena brings back 1 less and Franklin brings back more then both

You and everyone else. I'm trying to figure out how JN is in the top 5. I feel like Whitesboro is better imo and they bring back some key spots too, heck even Shallowater seems better too. Maybe they know something more than everyone else. It's a head scratcher for sure.

6 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

You and everyone else. I'm trying to figure out how JN is in the top 5. I feel like Whitesboro is better imo and they bring back some key spots too, heck even Shallowater seems better too. Maybe they know something more than everyone else. It's a head scratcher for sure.

Yes Jim Ned at #5 seemed odd as well. I agree Whitesboro did make the top 25 but I figured they would be higher and Jim Ned would be out the top 10

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Brock opens the season with Pleasant Grove...we'll find out about them real quick

Could you give some insight on the Jim Ned ranking? Just curious 

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

Could you give some insight on the Jim Ned ranking? Just curious 

Computer still liked them....there's enough recent history to give them the nod I guess...I personally think they are too high as well

Week 1 might be Gunter  BYE.  The other team is showing a different opponent and Gunter's first game is against "?" per Maxpreps.  Supposed to play at a neutral site P Field near Austin on Saturday at 4:00.   Would seem impossible to find an opponent now.  I really hate to get cut back to 15 games :). 

This is on the wrong thread.....

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Week 1 might be Gunter  BYE.  The other team is showing a different opponent and Gunter's first game is against "?" per Maxpreps.  Supposed to play at a neutral site P Field near Austin on Saturday at 4:00.   Would seem impossible to find an opponent now.  I really hate to get cut back to 15 games :). 

This is on the wrong thread.....

Gunter does have an opponent for Week 1.

I feel like more often than not, the original preseason rankings are more heavily weighed by previous years outcome and likely name recognition. We all know that conventional wisdom says that there will be several of these teams not in the picture at the end of season and some that will be. Also we know that there will be teams from outside this list that will pop in and out. My personal opinion is that Mt Vernon will be one of the ones that are able to hold that top 5 ranking relatively easily barring an upset. They have a bulk of their key core returning. 

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

I feel like more often than not, the original preseason rankings are more heavily weighed by previous years outcome and likely name recognition. We all know that conventional wisdom says that there will be several of these teams not in the picture at the end of season and some that will be. Also we know that there will be teams from outside this list that will pop in and out. My personal opinion is that Mt Vernon will be one of the ones that are able to hold that top 5 ranking relatively easily barring an upset. They have a bulk of their key core returning. 

They have to replace the whole oline. If they can get goin then MV should be okay

DCTF Top 10

1. Brock

2. Franklin

3. Lorena

4. Mt. Vernon

5. Jim Ned

6. Grandview

7. Malakoff

8. Columbus

9. Edna

10. West

My Top 10 (from earlier this year)

1. Lorena

2. Franklin

3. Brock

4. Mt. Vernon

5. Malakoff

6. West

7. Columbus

8. Gladewater

9. Little River Academy

10. Diboll

Note: I have Jim Ned in my others to watch, Grandview at 11 and Edna at 12. 

The only major difference is obviously Jim Ned.  I'm just not as high on them as Jerry (or Jerry's computer).  They will still be good and a potential contender, but I have leaned more towards Whitesboro and others in the preseason.  I think they could end up a 15-20 type of team.  

I do not like Brock at #1, but I understand it.  Brock is the most consistent 3A DI program in the state and will usually always be a top 5 team, so I see it.  There is also no telling what kind of talent they have moving in.  Brock is 1-2 against the Centex teams, losing to Lorena and Rockdale while beating Cameron (without Traion Smith in the 2nd half) in 2014.  

2 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

DCTF Top 10

1. Brock

2. Franklin

3. Lorena

4. Mt. Vernon

5. Jim Ned

6. Grandview

7. Malakoff

8. Columbus

9. Edna

10. West

My Top 10 (from earlier this year)

1. Lorena

2. Franklin

3. Brock

4. Mt. Vernon

5. Malakoff

6. West

7. Columbus

8. Gladewater

9. Little River Academy

10. Diboll

Note: I have Jim Ned in my others to watch, Grandview at 11 and Edna at 12. 

The only major difference is obviously Jim Ned.  I'm just not as high on them as Jerry (or Jerry's computer).  They will still be good and a potential contender, but I have leaned more towards Whitesboro and others in the preseason.  I think they could end up a 15-20 type of team.  

I do not like Brock at #1, but I understand it.  Brock is the most consistent 3A DI program in the state and will usually always be a top 5 team, so I see it.  There is also no telling what kind of talent they have moving in.  Brock is 1-2 against the Centex teams, losing to Lorena and Rockdale while beating Cameron (without Traion Smith in the 2nd half) in 2014.  

Both have Franklin #2. Franklin beats Lorena and brings back more players but Lorena gets the 1 spot in your poll. Brock gets the #1 spot in the DC poll but lost to Lorena and also brings back less then Franklin. Boys got to prove themselves again. Let's get this season started

• Like 2