DCTF 3A DI Top 10 Comparison/Thoughts

lionpride08

Guest Tiger03lb
14 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I believe we will make some noise in D1. We lost some good players but bring back some good ones as well

I think LRA will surprise a few people this year. Could even see them in the region final as well. A lot of good teams in region 3 

43 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I think LRA will surprise a few people this year. Could even see them in the region final as well. A lot of good teams in region 3 

I agree about LRA. 
I believe they will be a handful.  If they stay healthy. 
The QB for LRA is the real deal. 
That offense will be legit.  Now the defense will be the question mark for LRA.  That school district is growing with Temple folks moving over that direction.  The next 2 years will be their final in 3a d1. 

4 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

If you keep up with 3ad1 like we do you know to keep an eye on LRA... they bring back some good kids. The offense will be deadly. Diboll is another sleeper in 3ad1. Region 3 is loaded with talented teams

Guest Tiger03lb
18 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

If you keep up with 3ad1 like we do you know to keep an eye on LRA... they bring back some good kids. The offense will be deadly. Diboll is another sleeper in 3ad1. Region 3 is loaded with talented teams

Oh I know. 

Franklin, Lorena, LRA, Diboll, and Columbus can win that region. My dark horse is going to be Hitchcock. Imo, I don't feel like Diboll is a dark horse since they could be in the mix to be in the finals again. 

5 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Oh I know. 

Franklin, Lorena, LRA, Diboll, and Columbus can win that region. My dark horse is going to be Hitchcock. Imo, I don't feel like Diboll is a dark horse since they could be in the mix to be in the finals again. 

Franklin plays Diboll week 3 Lorena week 9 LRA week 11. Hitchcock is a good sleeper pick

On 6/29/2022 at 6:14 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Oh I know. 

Hitchcock is a good sleeper pick.  7 on 7 did showcase what is their main strength - skill talent.  If they can show some dramatic improvement on the defensive side of the football and play a generally cleaner brand of football, then they could be a major player.  

On 6/30/2022 at 6:59 AM, GWBears01 said:

Nah we starting 0-2 😂 then we gonna bounce back against SH 😊

What yall got going on over there? Got a QB figured out yet? 👀👀👀 lol. Looking forward to the season. Excited to see what Keeling and his solid staff does year 1. QB is a stud running the Flex. Got us a couple solid backs. Brought back a few on the OL, gained a really good center. Defense should be more aggressive. Can't wait. 

14 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

What yall got going on over there? Got a QB figured out yet? 👀👀👀 lol. Looking forward to the season. Excited to see what Keeling and his solid staff does year 1. QB is a stud running the Flex. Got us a couple solid backs. Brought back a few on the OL, gained a really good center. Defense should be more aggressive. Can't wait. 

Open tryouts for the Qb will be held at the beginning of August. We are having a Qb clinic and inviting QBs from all over East Texas 👀

• LOL! 1

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

Open tryouts for the Qb will be held at the beginning of August. We are having a Qb clinic and inviting QBs from all over East Texas 👀

What are your nil's? 👀😆

15 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

That is an unknown quantity.

Celina played them last year. If you read up on them on their site, or watch any of their YouTube videos, you’ll get the sense that they view themselves as the IMG Academy of Texas.

But they were awful. Flat out awful. Skill-wise, they had some decent kids and athletes. But no semblance of team chemistry and zero coaching. Looked like a playground-assembled team of whatever kids they could find that night. It was a wasted schedule space for Celina. Bobcats had the game out of hand less than halfway through the 1st quarter.

41 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Celina played them last year. If you read up on them on their site, or watch any of their YouTube videos, you’ll get the sense that they view themselves as the IMG Academy of Texas.

But they were awful. Flat out awful. Skill-wise, they had some decent kids and athletes. But no semblance of team chemistry and zero coaching. Looked like a playground-assembled team of whatever kids they could find that night. It was a wasted schedule space for Celina. Bobcats had the game out of hand less than halfway through the 1st quarter.

Thanks for the info.  I guess we find out in a couple of months.

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

They did beat Marble Falls last year, now they may have had a bunch of different kids then...there's no telling...I dont believe they finished the season last year

4 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

I'd search the Pep squad. Heard there was a couple dudes on it that could shake the mess out of some pom poms. I'm not a scout or anything but I'd be willing to bet that translates into straight dimes. 

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

They did beat Marble Falls last year, now they may have had a bunch of different kids then...there's no telling...I dont believe they finished the season last year

And I remember seeing that win and thinking they could be a tough out for the Bobcats. But I guarantee Celina’s JV would’ve blown them out. Freshman team probably could’ve held their own too.

Feel bad for the kids on the team, because it doesn’t seem like they’re in a position to succeed. I don’t know what the draw is for anyone to be part of that organization. Maybe they’ll make some big leaps this season. But I doubt that.

Gunter should be able to name their score honestly.

48 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

And I remember seeing that win and thinking they could be a tough out for the Bobcats. But I guarantee Celina’s JV would’ve blown them out. Freshman team probably could’ve held their own too.

Feel bad for the kids on the team, because it doesn’t seem like they’re in a position to succeed. I don’t know what the draw is for anyone to be part of that organization. Maybe they’ll make some big leaps this season. But I doubt that.

Gunter should be able to name their score honestly.

Gunter would have named their score against Bishop too...at least now they dont have to travel 3 hours lol

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Gunter would have named their score against Bishop too...at least now they dont have to travel 3 hours lol

Hahaha touché!

Scheduling gets tough sometimes for those dynastic programs. All you can hope for in those types of games is that everybody comes out healthy. The outcome is usually a foregone conclusion.

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I like playing new teams and I don't believe we have played any team on our non-dstrict schedule.  It is nice going from that lonnnnngggggg drive to a home game for the opener.