Conference Realignment

Valhalla

9 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The Big 12 should have been more patient. 

I wish they could have kept Texas/OU and added these the other two. USC in the same conference with Texas and OU would have some potential. 

Just now, WETSU said:

I wish they could have kept Texas/OU and added these the other two. USC in the same conference with Texas and OU would have some potential. 

I was thinking of the leftovers. 

You could have had the Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado maybe.

• Like 1

One of two things will end up happening.

There will either be two super-conferences (North and South) which will be made up of about 32 teams each. 

Or (the far more unlikely scenario), there will be four super-conferences (North, South, East, and West) with the North and South being made up of the B1G and SEC respectively. And the ACC will become the East and the PAC will add a few teams like BYU and become the West. Though the West would be absolutely terrible.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

One of two things will end up happening.

There will either be two super-conferences (North and South) which will be made up of about 32 teams each. 

Or (the far more unlikely scenario), there will be four super-conferences (North, South, East, and West) with the North and South being made up of the B1G and SEC respectively. And the ACC will become the East and the PAC will add a few teams like BYU and become the West. Though the West would be absolutely terrible.

I think any shot of a “western” one is gone with the LA schools joining the Big 10. 

I think your 1st thought is more likely, the number in my opinion is 20 in each conference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I think any shot of a “western” one is gone with the LA schools joining the Big 10. 

I think your 1st thought is more likely, the number in my opinion is 20 in each conference.

True. Though the PAC is already really soft. Throwing in BYU and Nevada and a few others wouldn't be the END of the world for them. The more likely scenario is that the "haves" join the SEC or B1G. 

I figured it'd be 32, with each having 4 divisions of 8 teams. And the winners of those divisions play in a conference semifinal and final. And the winners of the conferences play for the national title. Literally NFL Junior at that point. 

If Muleshoe can't fill the Coliseum with SC fans, how is he gonna get 'em to journey to faraway Lincoln and Minneapolis, let alone places like Ann Arbor or State College?  LOL...

Rutgers and/or Maryland?  FUHGEDDABOUDIT!!!

FWhKneQXwAMvpv9?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The Big10 will tire of the lefty politics as well

They didn’t even want to play during the Covid season. It was only because everyone else was playing that they were forced to play. They also were the strictest on the test results. The big 10 presidents are just as left as the USC one for the most part. At least Ohio st and Michigan which are the only two that matter. 

• Like 1

USC and UCLA are moving to the Big 10 for the same reason Texas and OU are moving to the SEC...money. I dont really blame them...but the way the big brands are consolidating in the eastern US it looks like college football will pretty much become even more of a regional sport than it already is.