Conference Realignment

Valhalla

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

There will be a push to add schools in this area at some point…29D6B941-D9B0-42C0-9E71-93E1741F3A1A.jpeg

Just off the top of my head, I would guess an Arizona school is in play, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and maybe if they want to get adventurous, Okie state?

Perhaps once the major schools ditch the NCAA, organize themselves and elect a commissioner, some semblance of sanity will return to college football. Realign into four regional conferences of 16 teams each and expand the playoff to twelve. But that makes too much sense.

31 minutes ago, Baron said:

Perhaps once the major schools ditch the NCAA, organize themselves and elect a commissioner, some semblance of sanity will return to college football. Realign into four regional conferences of 16 teams each and expand the playoff to twelve. But that makes too much sense.

That's  the best idea I have heard so far ....

17 hours ago, Baron said:

This is going to get interesting real quick. You have the ESPN backed SEC. You have the Big10 and FOX. I could totally see them coming together, breaking away from the NCAA to make their own league. Will the current have nots be allowed to stay in their current conferences or will they be replaced by blue bloods with more TV power?

On 6/30/2022 at 7:02 PM, EnjoyLife said:

Is this good for college football?

No …. as NIL isn’t.

I much rather see the Top 48 power schools form their own athlete association and form 10 team conferences geographically. Winner from each of the 4 conferences play for the national championship.

Absolutely hate the “Super Conference” model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t understand why the Big 10 wouldn’t want Oregon or Washington. 

Maybe they just know they can get them whenever they want regardless of what conference they are in.

Oregon and Washington would have been solid gets for the B10 in athletics and as far as mothership schools go.  And I agree… we dogged Bowlsby, now he looks like a savior