Two workers fired for not attending company’s prayers, lawsuit says

Monte1076

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

I did not read the article but based on your post I would say that "yes" they have a case. 

Why?? It's his company......he takes zero money from the government.....he can hire and fire whoever the hell he wants to for any reason he chooses.....the owner will win this one 6 to 3 at SCOTUS as long as he holds out and fights.......

2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Why?? It's his company......he takes zero money from the government.....he can hire and fire whoever the hell he wants to for any reason he chooses.....the owner will win this one 6 to 3 at SCOTUS as long as he holds out and fights.......

I would agree if (for example) they were violating company safety regs...but attending or not attending a prayer service has absolutely nothing to do with their job performance...therefore their employer imo over stepped his authority over them. Being an atheist and an agnostic they have a lot bigger problems than losing their jobs but that does not mean their civil rights were not violated. If this goes all the way to the SC it will certainly be interesting to see how the court rules.

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

I would agree if (for example) they were violating company safety regs...but attending or not attending a prayer service has absolutely nothing to do with their job performance...therefore their employer imo over stepped his authority over them. Being an atheist and an agnostic they have a lot bigger problems than losing their jobs but that does not mean their civil rights were not violated. If this goes all the way to the SC it will certainly be interesting to see how the court rules.

My company my rules.....there are no limits to my authority when I'm paying the salaries......the owner will be vindicated by THIS SCOTUS.......

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

My company my rules.....there are no limits to my authority when I'm paying the salaries......the owner will be vindicated by THIS SCOTUS.......

He might be vindicated. As I said it would be interesting to see what happens.

7 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I would also say that something like this is harmful to Christianity. It reinforces the beliefs of those that are anti-Christian and imo pushes those that are neutral farther away. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I would also say that something like this is harmful to Christianity. It reinforces the beliefs of those that are anti-Christian and imo pushes those that are neutral farther away. Thoughts?

Irrelevant.......

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

What do you think? Do you think they have a case?

TL;DR version: A company is mandating daily Christian prayer meetings. An atheist and an agnostic have refused, and asked for other accomodations.

They were both fired.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/two-workers-fired-for-not-attending-company-s-prayers-lawsuit-says/ar-AAZ0YoZ

Sounds like the neo-conservatives are trying to force their will upon everyone. I guess that "freedom of religion" doesn't mean a thing to a good christian as long as you do as your told to do. 

As another said, this is discrimination based upon religion, a constitutional RIGHT--written in the very 1st amendment. If the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the business owner--they would NOT be reading the Constitution or following it. 

Going to come down to company charter and whether they were informed during interview process and orientation. This is a private company. If they were informed before taking job or had knowledge of it- I don’t think they have a case. Separation of church and state does not apply at private company. EEO does but if they had knowledge prior to taking job Is where it gets fuzy

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

If it's written in their employee handbook that they have to attend meetings and prayer is included they better do it.  In my opinion many meetings are basically rah rah prayer meetings for the company although they don't involve God instead it's to pump you up for the all mighty dollar.  To me it's one and the same.  I'd actually rather say a prayer to God then some of those stupid team huddles.  

39 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Sounds like the neo-conservatives are trying to force their will upon everyone. I guess that "freedom of religion" doesn't mean a thing to a good christian as long as you do as your told to do. 

As another said, this is discrimination based upon religion, a constitutional RIGHT--written in the very 1st amendment. If the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the business owner--they would NOT be reading the Constitution or following it. 

He owns it....he pays the bills....he gets to set the conditions of employment......

The Constitution limits what Government can or cannot do.....This business owner ain't the government, commie.......

The only neocon on here is kirt......they are all brainwashed warmongering Rothschild puppets......keep it straight.....😂😂