Nacogdoches vs Palestine

nacdragon07

Nac vs. Palestine  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

It’s been some time since we’ve played the wildcats. We last scrimmaged them in 2005 I believe. We will open up the season at home. This is the season that Nac needs to take a step forward we can’t use any excuses. Allman has been here for a while now. We know the system we’ve had a full offseason  we return the majority of the back from last year. A convincing win to kick off the season will do us some good. 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

The last time I show Nac/Palestine playing was 2002 and 2003 and Palestine won 41-21 and 62-14. Palestine leads the all time series 21-25-4.

Is "21-25-4" considered "leading"? I thought to "lead" a series you had to have "more wins"?

• LOL! 2

5 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Yeah I dont think that is realistic!! :)

Do you think it should be closer? Like 60/40? With all due respect, how bad does Nac suck? Pal is 4th place lose in 1st round last 2 years 4A school. Isn’t Nac 5A? I don’t mean any disrespect but figured Nac is definitely favored. No? 

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Do you think it should be closer? Like 60/40? With all due respect, how bad does Nac suck? Pal is 4th place lose in 1st round last 2 years 4A school. Isn’t Nac 5A? I don’t mean any disrespect but figured Nac is definitely favored. No? 

We haven’t won a playoff game since 92. Sooooo. 

11 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Nac may be favored but it wont be by an outrageous amount. if you want to say 42-28 or 28-12 ok I could get on board with that but Nac isn't scoring 80 and outside of multiple overtime games I don't know the last time they scored in the 60s. 

Ok had to look, highest Non-OT Points scored by Nac in last 10 years

2018-56pts-vs MP

2015-51pts-WH

2019-49Pts-Jax

2014-46Pts-WH

2018-45pts-Jax

2013-45Pts-PT

Most of our highest point totals in Nac History happened under an OC that we play against this year. 

22 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Sorry. I should have clarified. I meant by percentage favored to win. 85/15. 85% Nac to 15% Pal

Now this I could see as being the favorite, thanks for the clarification. 

This one is hard for me to call simply because I don't know much of anything about Palestine and what they have coming back....or how the program is currently trending.

I know traditionally speaking....Palestine is a strong program.  Traditionally Nac has struggled.

-----------
Nac is a mystery for me. 

At limes last season I thought they seemed like a team to be taken seriously for the district championship.  Other times they struggled more than I expected.  

Our season finale with them last year...I was expecting a TOUGH battle.  We were using 2 back up quarterbacks and Nac needed a win to clinch a playoff spot.  After what had occurred in 2020 in the same game/situation....I was prepared to get punched in the mouth with all our injuries.  But what transpired was that Nac didn't put up much of a fight at all. 

Which Nac will show up in 2022?  The one loaded with returning starters that won some big games last season when they needed it.... or the Nac that squatted in the season finale?

Obviously there is a HUGE difference in November football and August football....anyone is beatable in a season opener.  

IMHO....Nac SHOULD be favored.  They have some talent back from a team that was better than they showed at times last eyar.

But my lack of knowledge about Palestine makes them a wildcard in my mind.  Good 4A programs can play with a 5A program.  I can think of several..... Pleasant Grove, Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore.

I'll take Nac in a close one until further notice.

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

This one is hard for me to call simply because I don't know much of anything about Palestine and what they have coming back....or how the program is currently trending.

I know traditionally speaking....Palestine is a strong program.  Traditionally Nac has struggled.

-----------
Nac is a mystery for me. 

At limes last season I thought they seemed like a team to be taken seriously for the district championship.  Other times they struggled more than I expected.  

Our season finale with them last year...I was expecting a TOUGH battle.  We were using 2 back up quarterbacks and Nac needed a win to clinch a playoff spot.  After what had occurred in 2020 in the same game/situation....I was prepared to get punched in the mouth with all our injuries.  But what transpired was that Nac didn't put up much of a fight at all. 

Which Nac will show up in 2022?  The one loaded with returning starters that won some big games last season when they needed it.... or the Nac that squatted in the season finale?

Obviously there is a HUGE difference in November football and August football....anyone is beatable in a season opener.  

IMHO....Nac SHOULD be favored.  They have some talent back from a team that was better than they showed at times last eyar.

But my lack of knowledge about Palestine makes them a wildcard in my mind.  Good 4A programs can play with a 5A program.  I can think of several..... Pleasant Grove, Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore.

I'll take Nac in a close one until further notice.

We’ve had our fair share of Kilgore. I’m glad we are playing someone else to kick off the season. 

17 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

We’ve had our fair share of Kilgore. I’m glad we are playing someone else to kick off the season. 

I am glad we are playing new teams for our entire Non-District schedule. With the exception of Lufkin we don't have recent history with the teams we are playing

I feel Like I come from an interesting perspective. We were in Nacs district until we dropped down to Palestine’s district a couple years ago. They’re actually similar in that they look loaded with athletes but seem to underperform. You can watch them play and always expect more. Pal runs a wing-T or slot-T maybe? It’s one of those more run oriented offenses. They’re not disciplined defensively. Maybe it’s coaching. Maybe it’s culture but when you watch them you expect more. They seem to perform better in non-district than in district and when things get tough in a game, they’ll start to argue with each other and get frustrated. They are very beatable unless something drastic has changed. After hearing more about Nac, I’ll change my percentages to 70/30 in favor of Nac. Lindale is in a reloading phase this year in several key positions like QB and we lost our entire receiving core and some solid defensive lineman. But if we play up to our potential we ought to handle Pal just fine. We absolutely destroyed them last year. I think it was like 45-6 at halftime. And this was at their place on Sr. Night with playoff implications on the line. They just don’t seem to be able to play up to the moment. But our QB struggled with that as well at times last year, which is probably why he is playing baseball in college. Nac 31 Pal 20 type score. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 10:38 PM, LetsGoEagles said:

Dang, I thought you were pose to root for the other teams in your district until y’all play each other or district starts. SMH..