Nacogdoches vs Palestine

nacdragon07

Nac vs. Palestine  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

On 7/5/2022 at 12:58 PM, LetsGoEagles said:

I feel Like I come from an interesting perspective. We were in Nacs district until we dropped down to Palestine’s district a couple years ago. They’re actually similar in that they look loaded with athletes but seem to underperform. You can watch them play and always expect more. Pal runs a wing-T or slot-T maybe? It’s one of those more run oriented offenses. They’re not disciplined defensively. Maybe it’s coaching. Maybe it’s culture but when you watch them you expect more. They seem to perform better in non-district than in district and when things get tough in a game, they’ll start to argue with each other and get frustrated. They are very beatable unless something drastic has changed. After hearing more about Nac, I’ll change my percentages to 70/30 in favor of Nac. Lindale is in a reloading phase this year in several key positions like QB and we lost our entire receiving core and some solid defensive lineman. But if we play up to our potential we ought to handle Pal just fine. We absolutely destroyed them last year. I think it was like 45-6 at halftime. And this was at their place on Sr. Night with playoff implications on the line. They just don’t seem to be able to play up to the moment. But our QB struggled with that as well at times last year, which is probably why he is playing baseball in college. Nac 31 Pal 20 type score. 

What are you even talking about? I’m sick of this! Underperform in district? How can you say that with a straight face? Just because Palestine hasn’t beat Lindale since y’all been in the district doesn’t mean they underperformed. Palestine has been picked last place every year or like 5th. I would say they’ve overperformed. I can’t tell you the last time Nac has been REALLY solid as a football program and you’re on here throwing out silly numbers.

Palestine finished second behind Carthage and went three rounds, 3rd 2 years straight behind Kilgore and Lindale. So, Palestine has been second or third in district ever since the coaching change when expected to finish last or second to last. 

Matter of fact, since the coaching change, In district, Palestine has beaten Kilgore once, CH ain’t beat Palestine in like 6-7 years let alone since the coaching change, and Hendo ain't beat Palestine YET since the switch. 

Y’all  had to move down into 4A to finally start winning some games like THAT. I know y’all have y’all starting O Line back, but we’ll see how y’all do without Peterson or y’all’s WRs. So don’t be on here talking crazy..

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, LordSensei said:

What are you even talking about? I’m sick of this! Underperform in district? How can you say that with a straight face? Just because Palestine hasn’t beat Lindale since y’all been in the district doesn’t mean they underperformed. Palestine has been picked last place every year or like 5th. I would say they’ve overperformed. I can’t tell you the last time Nac has been REALLY solid as a football program and you’re on here throwing out silly numbers.

Palestine finished second behind Carthage and went three rounds, 3rd 2 years straight behind Kilgore and Lindale. So, Palestine has been second or third in district ever since the coaching change when expected to finish last or second to last. 

Matter of fact, since the coaching change, In district, Palestine has beaten Kilgore once, CH ain’t beat Palestine in like 6-7 years let alone since the coaching change, and Hendo ain't beat Palestine YET since the switch. 

Y’all  had to move down into 4A to finally start winning some games like THAT. I know y’all have y’all starting O Line back, but we’ll see how y’all do without Peterson or y’all’s WRs. So don’t be on here talking crazy..

Calm down bro. I meant that Nac May be favored 60/40. Not a score of 60-40. Favored to win 60% to 40%. Bro…. Deep breaths. …… wow 

29 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Calm down bro. I meant that Nac May be favored 60/40. Not a score of 60-40. Favored to win 60% to 40%. Bro…. Deep breaths. …… wow 

And I get that, BUT cmon man, when the last time Nac had been a really SOLID FB team? Man said they ain’t even won a playoff game since the 90s… but I could be wrong. Things change..

7 hours ago, LordSensei said:

And I get that, BUT cmon man, when the last time Nac had been a really SOLID FB team? Man said they ain’t even won a playoff game since the 90s… but I could be wrong. Things change..

Hey hold on now. I don’t think Palestine is going to come in and run us out the building. No we haven’t won a playoff game recently but we have some athletes and talent across the board. 

9 hours ago, LordSensei said:

When's the last time Palestine won their season opener?

If I’m not mistaken, and I’m going by MaxPreps on this, but Pal has finished 5-6 for 2 years in a row, 4th place in district and lost 1st round both years. And that’s my point, when you watch them warm up they have athletes. Speed and even size. They had a MASSIVE lineman last year. But they underperform. We absolutely torched them last year. I think it was like 49-6 at halftime. It was a blowout and never close. But oddly, the year we went to state, they may have been our 2nd or 3rd closest district game. They’re a head scratcher. 

22 hours ago, LordSensei said:

It's true we haven't won a playoff game since the 90's but we have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years and 5 of the last 9. That is best 9 year stretch in our programs history. We have been huge underdogs in all 5 of our playoff games, Huntsville twice who lost to the eventual state runner-up, and undefeated Montgomery team last year, Mansfield summit with our starting QB coming back after being gone for 8 weeks, lost to Marshall having Josh Thompson and Brandon Jones both playing their first game back after being out with Knees. Injuries are a part of things, but as thin as Nac has always been losing the players we did when we did definitely effected how those seasons ended. 

When you have lost for as long as the program has, it takes time to reverse a lot of stuff. We have huge #'s coming over the next few years, and the combination of our 2 middle schools into 1 will also help the transition. Right now the rivalry in town between the two middle schools made for a lot of animosity when they got to high school. Nac has more players being offered by D1 schools than any other time on our program history. I know I have been saying it for a while but thing are building in Nac. 

As far as being favored, Nac is returning the largest number of starters and returning players of any team in our district. We are adding our best defensive player back after missing last year with a Knee and he is a top 10 linebacker in the state in the class of 2024.  Nac is not immune to having bad games at the worst time, but we have played some really good games against some really good teams. We have played Texas High as well as anyone in the district the last 2 years. 

Good luck to both teams, hoping for an injury free, good game to start the season, it cant get here fast enough. 

• Like 3

On 7/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, nacdragon07 said:

Hey hold on now. I don’t think Palestine is going to come in and run us out the building. No we haven’t won a playoff game recently but we have some athletes and talent across the board. 

For sure. I was speaking out the crazy numbers dude was throwing out. It’ll be a good game for sure..

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

3rd round of the playoffs last season,  how about Pali?

Congratulations, Pal did that 2 seasons ago. Thought y’all were gonna get it done last year huh?? Putting together these miraculous seasons all just to underachieve? 

4 minutes ago, LordSensei said:

Congratulations, Pal did that 2 seasons ago. Thought y’all were gonna get it done last year huh?? Putting together these miraculous seasons all just to underachieve? 

Good job little buddy,  so proud.  I also noticed that season you lost to Van, AGAIN. 

9 minutes ago, LordSensei said:

Palestine went 3 rounds deep and ended up 6-7! Lol,  great work

8 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

In those 8 seasons his Vandals have won 11 playoff games.  How about your wildcats?

I answered my own question,  Palestine has won 2 playoff games in the last 15+ years. 2!!! And you want to talk crap the the Van guy! 

😆