Nacogdoches vs Palestine

nacdragon07

Nac vs. Palestine  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

3 hours ago, Vandalman said:

I will say that even though I think Nac wins this, I usually root for Palestine when district starts. Seems like they always have athletes but something just doesn't gel for some reason. I do wish them well.

Same here Van. Love you guys and the program y’all run! 

• 1 month later...

A very entertaining game from the start!! Hats off to Palestine for the win.

This game was a tale of two halves, Palestine jumped out to a 24-7 halftime lead thanks to a Pick 6 and a Dragon fumble inside their 20 yard line.  Nacs offense while more wide open this year still made the same mistakes as previous years, dropped passes and turnovers. Our offensive line got mauled all night. our running game was non-existent having -5 yards rushing at halftime.

The second half started off the same way with the dragons fumbling the ball on the Palestine 17 yard line, a scoop and score by Palestine made the score 31-14 halfway through the 3rd. Nac. then found their footing, our receivers were open all night behind the Palestine secondary. Palestine had 4 PI penalties pulling down receivers as they ran by them. Nac. turned two turnovers and a 3 and out into 17 points and tied the score at 31 with about 4 minutes left in the game. Palestine put their best drive together of the game and scored with 16 seconds left in the game to grab the win. 

Palestine's running game caused problems for the first half before Nac. found some success in the second half on defense, before the last drive of the game. Nacs junior QB played most of the game and his lack of game experience showed with some wild throws and lack of awareness for the back side pressure. He also had some great throws, with great accuracy on the deep cross and fade patterns.  

Palestine has a bruising running game with multiple running backs with speed and power. Fun start to the season as there were lots of offense in this one, but most of the points on both sides were directly from offensive turnovers and mistakes. 

• Like 1