Writer posts video of electric car-charging nightmare: Imagine waiting in this line

RETIREDFAN1

What the Dems are doing with this EV stuff is ridiculous.  It’s analogous to having a big disaster and sending all the casualties to a plot of land with construction equipment on it - they’re building a hospital here.  But, but, but………. Brings back the inevitable question, “Are they pretending, or are they really this stupid?”

The answer is obvious to me, so my question is, why doesn’t everyone see the obvious answer?  I suppose the question above could be posed to anyone who doesn’t see the obvious answer.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Doomer said:

I don't think my 78 Ford wagon will run on electric but It will run on squeezins.

From what I hear, your squeezins would make me run (no easy feat, I can assure you).

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, Hagar said:

From what I hear, your squeezins would make me run (no easy feat, I can assure you).

Squeezins was responsible for Kirt, GreezyChef, Crawford, Haysead and Trueblue82 all breaking the 10 second 100M down at flatfork bend last sandbass season. #Truestorie.tm

• LOL! 3

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Videos like this should make us ,the citizen, ashamed at our infrastructure.  Both parties are to old and ignorant on the new technologies. So therefore, our country is slow to adapt to the new technology.  

Correction, there are trying to MANDATE change. There is a difference 

4 minutes ago, Olduy said:

Correction, there are trying to MANDATE change. There is a difference 

I don't agree with mandates either.  If a product is better than the alternative, then the consumer will buy it on their own choosing.  

The thing is with the grid how many will hold up ?  I know cryptocurrency has been falling like a rock, but they use a lot of electricity as well to mine that stuff with their super computers.  We need to take baby steps and get some power flowing.  I can deal with the heat, but I can't deal with the cold.  

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

I don't agree with mandates either.  If a product is better than the alternative, then the consumer will buy it on their own choosing.  

I'll lead a revolution before I give up my truck.....😂😂

7 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Videos like this should make us ,the citizen, ashamed at our infrastructure.  Both parties are to old and ignorant on the new technologies. So therefore, our country is slow to adapt to the new technology.  

I agree. This is an infrastructure issue. Question is why didn't they charge their vehicles at home.

10 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Question is why didn't they charge their vehicles at home.

They probably did charge at home. It was a holiday weekend with a lot of people taking road trips and that created a back log at public chargers...and that is why I would not (yet) buy an ev. I would not want to plan a road trip based on the availability of charging stations.

• Like 1

Our country is enormous.  These infrastructure issues are too big to be handled by the federal government, who has taken it upon themselves to do so.

Again, if the Electric Vehicles are so great, then the demand will cause them to be profitable and will lead to capitalist solutions to the issues we face.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

They probably did charge at home. It was a holiday weekend with a lot of people taking road trips and that created a back log at public chargers...and that is why I would not (yet) buy an ev. I would not want to plan a road trip based on the availability of charging stations.

I definitely agree with that statement. That's why we won't take my wife's car out too far on long trips and she has a hybrid